In our fast-paced age, people are separated by cities, years and distances. Rotational work, urgent business trips, performance of official duties away from home, round-the-clock duty, sudden illness and a number of other circumstances can prevent the timely delivery of a gift to relatives and friends on a birthday or other holiday.
Optimists believe that you can congratulate the birthday man and give a present at any time. Pessimists and superstitious people, referring to ancient pagan signs, say that premature congratulations can bring major failures at work, serious illness or even death to the hero of the day.
Superstitions and their causes
The explanations of the ancient sign about why it is impossible to give gifts in advance go back more than two millennia back to the era of ancient paganism. There are many ways to explain the connection beten the advance gift and subsequent adverse events. Let us briefly analyze each of them.
- Such a gift scares away saints and spirits of deceased relatives, who come to the birthday man on the night before the significant date. According to pagan mythology, a person, having lost the protection of his ancestors, will become vulnerable to the evil eye, curses and diseases. The explanation is based on ancient pagan myths and legends. It has nothing to do with reality.
- Gifts and wishes on your birthday carry a porful charge of positive energy. A premature gift has no such por. Without energy supply, a person begins to aken and become seriously ill. The explanation is based on mysticism, bioenergetics, the theory of torsion fields and the occult sciences. There is nothing in common with the traditional scientific approach and probability theory in this explanation.
- At the festive table around a person, in addition to friends and acquaintances, invisible angels and demons gather. Premature collection will make them very angry, as a result they can punish the birthday man. The explanation is based on ancient mythology, mysticism and related speculation.
There is no systematic analysis of what is happening and an objective approach in such an interpretation of events.
The most logical and plausible version of the explanation of the mechanism of the adverse effects of a premature present (without an admixture of mysticism) states the following: after reading posts about mysticism and omens on the Internet, after watching videos with ghouls and ghouls, computer graphics thrillers, after reading many articles on the topic of the occult, a suspicious person begins be very nervous in anticipation of a sad outcome after a presentation accepted ahead of time.
There is a strong stress, which is the cause of the deterioration of health. Ancient signs and legends have nothing to do with this. In this version of the explanation of the events, there is a very large amount of truth, hover, many emerging aspects and conclusions are in the field of psychology, extrasensory perception and other areas of medicine far beyond the scope of this article.
Superstition, omens and mysticism arose simultaneously with the advent of Homo sapiens. The lack of knowledge made it impossible for primitive man to provide a convincing explanation for elementary natural phenomena (lightning, wind, the onset of day and night, ather changes, rainbows). As a result of this, synthetic explanations arose (various superstitions and signs).
In the slave-owning era, superstitions intimidated recalcitrant slaves, instilled fear of violating ancient traditions and rituals. Paying tribute to ancient traditions and trying to find a way out of a difficult life situation, in the 21st century, civilized people with two higher educations still guess on wax, coffee grounds and put a copper coin under their heels.
How to get around bad omens?
A simple and effective way to get around bad omens is not to focus all your thoughts on the possibility of a bad outcome. Focusing on the possible unfavorable outcome of the work begun (based on bad omens and signs), a person creates in the mind a stable zone of increased excitement that distracts from the main problems. It seizes memory resources for the cyclic process of finding a way out of the situation. Attention is scattered, a person begins to make gross logical errors.
Bypassing superstitions and bad omens is of particular importance in the lives of people who re born on the last winter day of a leap year. Strictly following the traditions, they can celebrate their birthday on time only once every four years. All other years they are forced to accept gifts on February 28th.
To combat prejudices and myths in such cases, it is best not to go head-on, so as not to shock a loved one and not put him in an awkward position. You need to use roundabout ways.
To minimize the negative impact of premature presentations and bypass bad omens, experienced psychologists and psychics recommend the following steps.
- Hide the present in a secluded place in the birthday room, informing relatives or acquaintances about this, who will hand it over to the hero of the day on time.
- Send a gift by mail indicating the exact date of delivery to the addressee.
- Give a present before the birthday without congratulations and wishes, saying that congratulations on the anniversary will be right on time. On the right day, you can call the hero of the day and congratulate him on the holiday.
This tactic is:
- leaves a good impression from the attention given to him;
- avoids conflict about not attending a birthday party;
- prevents an unpleasant situation presenting a gift much later than the anniversary;
- allows you to give a gift on time if a personal meeting is impossible for objective reasons;
- does not affect the canons of the worldview of a superstitious person, so as not to cause him offense or mental trauma;
- creates preconditions for further development and strengthening friendly relations.
An interesting fact: statistics collected from open sources indicate a meager percentage of unfavorable events coincidence with early birthday gifts. In total, about 100,000 documented facts of presenting presents a few days before the birthday re analyzed.
At the same time, absolutely no connection was found beten the presented gift and the further development of the situation.
For information on why it is impossible to congratulate in advance, see the next video.