Gifts for the New Year
New Year is a holiday of fun and magic. Not only children, but also adults love to receive gifts. The special atmosphere of the holiday with many interesting traditions and fairy tales is not overshadod even by numerous preparations. Many people think about when exactly it is necessary to give and open gifts.
Features of the tradition
On the eve of the holiday, the whole family chooses a Christmas tree, installs and decorates it. Often, the whole house is hung with tinsel and garlands, which makes the atmosphere even more comfortable and atmospheric. Santa Claus gives gifts to a child on New Year’s Eve. Parents are generally out of work, kids know this for sure. Writing a letter can rightly be called the most magical New Year’s tradition.
On the eve of the holiday, remind your child about magic mail. Hand over a pen and a piece of paper, take care of a beautiful envelope. If the baby still does not know how to write, then let him dictate the text to you, compose a message together. Another option is to invite the kid to draw what he wants.
There are several ways to convey wishes to Santa Claus:
- hang on a Christmas tree;
- put on the window;
- invite animators Santa Claus and the Snow Maiden so that the child personally hands over the envelope.
According to the New Year tradition, adults leave gifts under the Christmas tree, where children find them. If the house has a fireplace, then you can place it next to it.
Tell your child that Santa Claus got into the house through the chimney. In all other cases, it can be a window or a balcony. You can call the animators again or dress up one of the family members as a wizard to give a gift.
What date do they put gifts under the Christmas tree?
There are simply no exact traditions on this subject, so you can start from the circumstances and age of the child. Gifts are prepared in advance and are usually placed under the Christmas tree. You need to fold everything as imperceptibly as possible for the child, so as not to shake his faith in a fairy tale.
Most families believe that the holiday begins on December 31, and therefore gifts are given on the night of December 30–31 or in the morning. If on the day of the main adult troubles the child will already have sets and toys, then he will not feel the lack of increased attention to his person so much.
Giving gifts to adults at this time is not a good idea. Everyone is busy cooking or preparing at home, quite stressed and unlikely to fully enjoy the magical feeling.
Other families are used to giving gifts on the night of December 31st to January 1st. This is because the year begins on the 1st. You can correctly put gifts under the Christmas tree like this.
- While the chimes are beating and the children are busy with fireworks, sparklers. Unnoticed, one of the adults should put the gifts under the Christmas tree. Then the child will enjoy toys at night.
- While the kids are sleeping. You can carefully lay out the boxes and wait for the baby to wake up. On the morning of January 1, the child will happily run to rustle the packages.
Gifts for adults are given during a festive feast, after the chiming clock. There are also several options. Can be passed from hand to hand or also put everything under the tree. In the latter case, the use of name tags is relevant.
The exact choice of time and date largely depends on the age and characteristics of the baby. You should not wake the child at night: if he fell asleep, then let him enjoy the present in the morning.
If the child is sitting at the table with you, then give gifts at the same time as adults. You can give gifts to kids at any time from December 30 to January 1.
It’s not just what you give that matters, but how you do it. When it comes to magical New Year’s surprises, this rule is especially relevant. Taking into account the customs of the ancestors, certain traditions of giving re formed. Each family chooses something suitable for itself and passes it on to the younger ones.
- Gifts are placed in a large red bag decorated with stickers and tinsel. The names of the recipient are written on the boxes, but the donor remains unknown. The bag is thrown under the door after the chiming clock. One of the adults, and preferably of the children, goes to check, finds gifts and brings them into the house. Giving alternates with toasts and jokes, so it can stretch for several hours.
- The method is similar to the previous one.. Only now, when receiving gifts from the box, they read a playful description of who it is intended for.
- For children, you can come up with a whole quest, at the end of which there will be a gift. Come up with encrypted hints and place them in a specially prepared room. You can dot the floor with tinsel or serpentine arrows. When the children receive a ll-deserved prize at the end, their joy knows no bounds. At the same time, it is better to associate tasks closely with the holiday.
- Make a card of Santa Claus, on which places with gifts will be indicated with crosses. Tell the child that Grandfather had a hole in the bag and the boxes fell. The names of the recipients must be encrypted so that they can only be read using the magic key.
- In the 19th century, children played the game “Transmission” at public Christmas trees. Adults give a gift that is wrapped in many layers of paper. Children pass the packaging from hand to hand, gradually removing the layers. The gift was taken by the one who removed the last paper. The child left the circle and the game began again.
- Hang sets with the names of gifts on the Christmas tree. Fold in the bag tasks-forfeits. Both adults and children can take part in such entertainment. Everyone chooses a fant, completes the task and takes a candy from the Christmas tree. Accordingly, everyone wins a special gift. It turns out to be very fun.
- Guests should find their special business card on the Christmas tree. It should contain the name, character traits, habits or fun facts. On the reverse side, place the coordinates where the personal gift is located. The recipient will gladly begin the search.
When is it customary to open?
Receiving gifts is very fun and pleasant. Many people think about when to open them. If are talking about children, then they start unpacking immediately. On an adult holiday, too, little changes.
An important feature of the New Year is that it is customary to unpack presents in public, right during the feast.
Be sure to thank for the gift, show the giver your emotions. When it comes to children, let them immediately try out a new toy or eat candy — whichever you give. New Year’s magic should not be burdened by parental grumpiness.
Watch interesting facts about New Year’s traditions in the next video.