Be a little “scout”
Most of all, birthday people are pleased with the gifts that they really dreamed of. If you take care of a future holiday date in advance, you can collect useful information. In everyday conversations, people often mention their desires and talk about goals. You can talk with your wife and other close relatives of the hero of the day.
And her friends are also likely to be happy to throw ideas, in addition, a joint discussion will help to avoid gifting similar or identical items.
Among the variety of gifts there are universal ones that will please most women. You can follow the proven path and choose what the birthday girl is guaranteed to like, but it’s also useful to experiment.
- Jelry and accessories. For a present, jelry with precious stones and exclusive jelry from masters, neckerchiefs, unusual pendants, bracelets, hairpins, beads, watches are suitable. You can choose a bag, wallet or glasses case, an elegant cane umbrella or a practical umbrella with a quality mechanism.
- Plants. It can be not only ready-made bouquets, but also flors or exotic plants in pots — they will delight all households for a long time. If a woman is fond of gardening, you can give her seeds, elegant containers for seedlings and flors, garden accessories. The universal choice is roses, but the minus of all kinds of plant exoticism is the ability to cause an allergic reaction, so this choice must be approached with all care.
- Sets, tea and coffee. An excellent occasion to try new varieties and even order products from other countries — this will please and broaden your horizons. A basket of different fruits will come in handy for an anniversary in the cold season.
- Books. It can be not only fiction, but also various tutorials. Cooking books, books about needlework, about cars (if the mother-in-law has her own car), foreign language textbooks, guides to different countries and cities, history and art.
- Hobby materials. Usually the whole family knows about the presence of a permanent hobby. If it is sewing, embroidery or knitting, yarn, embroidery kits and machines, fabrics, threads, a new sewing machine are ll suited for a gift. You will like craft paper and quilling paper, professional cutting scissors, expensive paints, brushes and easels, a set for coloring by color or anti-stress coloring.
If there is a risk of making a mistake, you can purchase a gift certificate to a needlework store so that the mother-in-law can choose what she needs.
- Crockery, furniture and cozy things for the kitchen and home. It can be a service (new or even antique), cutlery, paintings, a set of bed linen, a blanket, a tablecloth, curtains, decorative pillows — the choice is limitless, and you can rely on the general style of your home interior. The hero of the day in her dreams may have an update of some pieces of furniture — then a new sofa, table, chairs, bed or wardrobe will do. Giving large items should be discussed in advance, it’s okay if there is no surprise: the significance of the gift is already quite high.
In this case, you can go shopping together and choose what you need.
- Appliances. A toaster, a telephone, a slow cooker, a food processor, a blender, a vacuum cleaner, a floor lamp or a table lamp, a TV or a home theater, a laptop or a tablet, devices for purifying and humidifying the air — usually such gifts are received with joy and are in demand in the household. A pleasant and useful application to this gift will be a training master class. After all, pensioners often put aside donated household appliances because of a simple fear of not understanding the management.
Care products: perfumes and cosmetics
Even deeply elderly ladies should not be denied the desire and opportunities to be beautiful. To show your concern, you can give your mother-in-law a set of cosmetics for her birthday: on the packaging of the product you can find the designation of the age for which it was created. Perfect for:
- night and day face cream, foot, hand and nail creams;
- masks and scrubs;
- shor gels and body oils with exquisite fragrances;
- Handmade soap;
- shampoos and hair conditioners (it is useful to opt for professional products — often pensioners do not try them on their own);
- certificate for a course of beauty treatments or massages in a conveniently located beauty salon.
When choosing perfumes, you can consult with your wife and “peep” on occasion, which mother-in-law herself uses. If you request information about her perfume on the Internet, you can compare the scent pyramid with other perfumes and choose similar ones. So the risk of not getting to the point will decrease, and the mother-in-law will try a new flavor. A gift certificate to a branded perfume shop is also a suitable option.
These gifts have one significant disadvantage — the possible prejudice of the hero of the day herself.
Many people are hostile towards the donated washing and fragrant cosmetics: in this gesture they see a hint of non-compliance with personal hygiene.
An impression can also be a gift
A sea of u200bu200bjoy is brought not only by objects that can be put on a shelf or used in everyday life. To enliven everyday life, an anniversary should be presented with an impression — these emotions will be remembered for a long time. Great idea might be professional family photo sessionit will not only bring close people together, but also leave memorable photos in the archive. The whole family, under the guidance of the hero of the day, can go to the shopping and entertainment center, take part in quests, watch a movie, look into the most comfortable cafes.
The benefits of engaging in new activities are undeniable, and a gift for your beloved mother-in-law can be certificates for attending master classes (needlework, painting, cooking) or language courses. Perhaps the mother-in-law had long dreamed of learning a specific foreign language, but did not find a company and the right time.
A certificate for computer literacy courses may also be relevant.
The sports center is also a great platform for new experiences. You can give your mother-in-law a subscription to the type of sports activities that are suitable for her age. This can be a subscription to the pool and gym, yoga or gymnastics. If the mother-in-law is prone to extreme sports and adventures, she may rejoice at the gifted opportunity to jump with a parachute or lead the launch of a salute in her honor.
If the mother-in-law has long dreamed of visiting another country or relaxing by the sea during the cold season, an anniversary can be a special occasion for an expensive gift. Another variant — a ticket to a sanatorium where a loved one can take care of their health and relax.
Classic version - tickets to a concert hall, theater, museum or art gallery. It is better to buy a ticket for two people so that your beloved mother-in-law does not have to go alone for impressions.
The top of splendor is a subscription for the whole season or expensive tickets for a loud premiere.
Gifts and omens
Perhaps the birthday girl does not believe in omens and will be delighted with any gift. But many representatives of the older generations listen to the “folk wisdom” — an inappropriate present can spoil the mood on a holiday and make everyone feel uncomfortable.
Therefore, consider the most common options for unsuccessful gifts.
- Watch. This gift was originally considered undesirable for lovers and couples, but the belief has moved into the realm of gifts for everyone. Stopping the clock is associated with the end of a relationship, and such an interpretation is unlikely to bring positive emotions.
- Handkerchiefs. It’s simple: a person will have to shed many tears, and they may not be tears of joy.
- Mirror. Many people believe that mirrors are capable of accumulating negative energy, so the choice of this household item is left exclusively to themselves.
- Slippers and other footar. This sign is associated with parting — a person seems to independently dress and see off the gifted person from his life.
- Tablecloths and tols. For superstitious people, they are associated with quarrels and family problems.
- Comb. Like a mirror, this object is credited with the ability to remember information about a person. Keeping a connection with the donor, the comb will convey all the secrets to the ill-wisher.
- Knives, forks. Like any piercing and cutting devices, this kitchen utensil can be associated with threat and negativity.
The only way not to step on the “superstitious rake” is to find out in advance about a person’s attitude to signs.
If you are sensitive to the preferences and lifestyle of the mother-in-law, the gift will surely please the birthday girl.
And the main gift is still love and attention to a loved one.
You can learn more about what to give your mother-in-law to please and hit the target.