Gifts for the New Year
In our life there are people who are not our relatives, but ll-being, good mood and other joys of life depend on them. You need to be able to give gifts to superiors on various occasions. It should be considered in more detail what to give the boss for the New Year, what original gifts can be presented to the male director from the team, as ll as symbolic New Year’s presents to the leader.
Choosing a gift for a dear CEO is recommended with a fair amount of discretion. It is important in this matter to maintain a sense of tact and at the same time official subordination.
A gift should evoke positive emotions — joy, pleasant surprise, maybe even admiration, but not anger, annoyance and irritation.
If you give your boss for the New Year, for example, a mourning wreath decorated with festive ribbons, you can instantly lose your job, be left without a livelihood. When choosing a gift for a boss, regardless of gender, it is recommended to pay attention to the following criteria:
- addictions or “human aknesses”;
- temperament and sense of humour.
If this information is missing, then it is better to give something neutral, work-related, such as a Parker pen or a nice briefcase made of Indonesian monitor lizard leather. Universal and inexpensive gifts can be the following:
- painting by Aivazovsky (copy);
- original table lamp, which no one has;
- carpet with the image of northern lights.
The creative director of an advertising agency is better off giving something unusual, such as a free subscription (for two) for ten bungee jumps in the park. Having jumped with a beloved woman from 50 meters upside down, the director can pretty shake himself up and strengthen family ties. It is possible that his wife will leave him overwhelmed with negative emotions. Then there may be problems for the one who presented such an unusual gift.
Under a strict ban, there should be such gifts that evoke the following emotions:
- sarcastic smile;
- feeling ambiguous or embarrassed;
- violation of subordination and etiquette.
You can’t give a boss tampons from a “good French company”, and a male head of a school an innovative model of a Marta doll from a sex shop. Such “jokes” end with an entry in the queue at the labor exchange.
A mistake in choosing a gift can be a deadly trick for a young employee’s career.
Instead of the head of the sales department, it is realistic to become a janitor of nearby yards in a short time. In a few months, dismissal will follow under a plausible pretext: due to staff reductions.
A good gift is a flash drive covered with rhinestones (if the boss is female). A beautiful set of bath brooms and other similar accessories is suitable if the boss likes to take a steam bath with friends in a good sauna. A bottle of five-star cognac or Chivas Regal whiskey is a universal gift that is appropriate to present under any circumstances. A gift will be original — a ll-made travel bag-bar, in which you can place the following items:
- wine glasses;
- a stack of favorite magazines;
- box of cigars.
A rock garden is a good present, especially for those who are fond of yoga. Various vases, cups, vessels, on which good wishes and a portrait of the boss will be applied, will not be the last gift if you are interested in decorating it.
Giving your boss kitchen utensils or appliances is not a good idea.
Most likely, she has everything she needs, and such an “original gift” will be stored on the mezzanine. Something similar can be said about dishes, pans and pots.
An original large dish, on which a portrait of the boss will flaunt, surrounded by the whole team — this idea seems to be productive if the thing is packed in festive packaging and presented accordingly. Not a bad idea to present the lamp. Now in fashion are similar lighting devices that are made in 3D. A gift certificate from a beauty salon or beauty store can soften the hard heart of a female boss. It is advisable to pack such a good thing in an appropriate way so that it is clear that this is a worthy gift.
Cooked cookies can be called an original gift for the boss, on which there will be various wishes or even good humorous predictions.
All women like interior decorations, you can come up with something original from this theme.
A poem that is written in a playful way can be rephrased in a kind and serious overtone that will look quite decent. You can order a large personal calendar in a mini-printing house, where you can place a photo of the boss, the entire team (if it is not too numerous), various wishes of employees and associates. The simplest and most original gift is a mug with the inscription “Best Boss”.
Every person after 40 years old has some kind of hobby, if you find out this “secret information”, then for relatively little money you can present a really “expensive” gift.
The Monopoly game is a common gift, it doesn’t seem unusual. But the original chess, which is carved by a craftsman according to the author’s project, can really be a “royal present”. The cost will most likely be low. A wide-format book written on luxurious paper, with a good textured cover, colorful engravings will look unusual.
A brazier and a set of custom-made skers are also a good gift that can be useful in the warm season and will last a long time. An original gift can be called a set of vinyl records with love romances and a 1972 Dnepr player. Such a gift is inexpensive, you can find it on the Internet. Listening to romances on the full moon on the country veranda is quite an exciting experience.
A young specialist who relatively recently “joined” the team after graduating from a university does not know the full information about his employees and bosses. It can be difficult for him to make an original gift for his superiors for the New Year or February 23. In this case, it is best to present something “business” and functional. These may include gifts such as:
- a beautiful ballpoint pen with an 8 GB flash drive;
- a notebook with an original cover made of good leather;
- a diary engraved with the chief’s initials;
- desktop set for the office;
- custom-made business card;
- colorful calendar.
The automotive theme opens up a wide variety. In this case, gifts such as:
- a small vacuum cleaner for cleaning the interior;
- on the Internet you can find a large number of hours for cars;
- foot pump;
- video recorder with a gift inscription.
Gifts can be from the “for the soul” genre, these include the following:
- the face of a beloved boss, composed of many, many toothpicks or matches, able to pleasantly surprise any leader;
- electric guitar with fuzz effect and amplifier, on which the emblem of the company will flaunt;
- custom-made in the design workshop cup “Best Boss in the Universe”, while the material may be different, finish — from brass to silver; on the surface of such a product there should be the name and patronymic of the head, his photo and best wishes in business and health promotion;
- a set of glasses with dedicatory inscriptions and best wishes; such a gift is quite original, at the same time it is universal, as it is suitable for all occasions;
- various souvenirs, that are present in huge quantities at flea markets and fairs where handicrafts are sold.
You can present funny gifts in which the name and patronymic of the boss will be present. Among them are the following:
- personalized pens or cutlery in a box;
- a set of cigars;
- bottle of expensive whiskey in the original box engraved with the initials of the leader;
- honey in original jarswhich are in a decorative bag;
- panelwhich can be hung in the reception room or office.
A symbolic gift for the boss for the New Year from subordinates can be custom-made Christmas tree toys. They will include photos of employees. You can think of something else on this topic. For example, bake a delicious personalized cake or buy chocolates and wrap them in wrappers decorated with a photograph of the boss. For the New Year, you can order toys with flavors in the form of orange slices or original chocolate figurines.
Important! The biggest mistake is handing over money. This can become a starting ticket for dismissal without explanation in the near future.
Symbolic gifts include an original ballpoint pen, which is inexpensive, but looks unusual (it can be supplemented with a personalized inscription). A bar of soap of an unusual shape, packed in a beautiful wrapper, is also quite an inexpensive and memorable gift. In recent years, a head massager is often presented as a gift. It allows you to relax and relieve stress in a short time, without resorting to medicines, while the whole family can use it. You can donate computer accessories, such as a mouse, a keyboard with a personalized inscription, a headset or headphones, a mouse pad.
It is quite appropriate from symbolic gifts to look like a personalized mug of the original form. Such devices are sold at fairs on Sundays, where you can always find something suitable. Symbolic gifts from the team include a decorative chandelier, an original lighter or ashtray, a set of tools.
Inexpensive gifts have their own charm, modesty always decorates, does not cause envy among colleagues.
Expensive gift offerings can be misinterpreted by a creative team of like-minded people and associates.
On New Year’s Eve, you can give the boss Christmas decorations for the Christmas tree, for example, hand-made glass balls with various patterns and inscriptions. A gingerbread house is often given for Christmas and New Year, because it looks unusual and beautiful. Original candles with candlesticks are inexpensive, but create high spirits. A champagne basket (or even a decorative bucket) for storing champagne would also make a great gift. You can give the boss a warm blanket or poncho. This gift is useful and quite original, especially if it happens on New Year’s Eve.
A non-drinking boss can be presented with a luxurious set of billiard cues. If he is a passionate pool player, he will appreciate these things. When choosing such a gift, you should understand a little about billiards in order to understand which cues are good and which are not. Otherwise, it is easy to get into a mess and present “firewood in a wrapper.” The same can be said about tennis rackets. Avid tennis players know firsthand what the advantages of such sports accessories are.
Homemade souvenir ideas
You can buy a set of teas for the boss in a specialized store and arrange them in caskets, which you can first cut and glue from plywood with your own hands. You can give the boss a beautiful mohair scarf or sater that was knitted by your beloved grandmother. Such a gift can only cause gratitude. The carved jelry box will definitely be a pleasant surprise for the boss. On the board, you can cut out a portrait of your favorite boss using a special tool. If you have such skills, then you will definitely get a beautiful picture. It should be additionally covered with drying oil and varnish before delivery.
Festive packaging plays a big role. The more colorful it is (within limits of adequacy), the better. You can order the packaging separately in a specialized store or use the Internet. Today there is a huge selection. What can not be done is to give things of personal and intimate hygiene. Sometimes one such gift is enough to successfully end a career.
A gift to your favorite leader does not have to be super expensive, especially when the salary is low.
Expensive gifts can be afforded by the director of a branch of a corporation or one of the co-founders, since the level of fees and bonuses they have is much higher. A modest office worker must make do with “little blood”, so ingenuity, fantasy and imagination can become effective helpers. It is worth considering budget options.
- small cacti from the store in pots can be a lcome gift. Among these plants there are specimens of the original form that live quite a long time, while they require minimal care.
- The same can be said about the muraya plant. — a miniature tree native to South America. Muraya is not only beautiful, but its fruits are also useful, because they contain many vitamins. Muraya costs relatively cheaply, and will live for a long time.
- table fountain for a nervous employer can help him calm his nerves. The measured murmur of water in the office pacifies the psyche, pressure is restored, the heart works more rhythmically.
- Miniature wall mounted ather station can be a very useful gift, and it also looks like a decoration. The same can be said about the barometer. Many of these products have the original case.
- Certificate for the sale of various accessories, appliances, garden tools or winter things. There are a lot of such coupons today. They can be purchased online.
- If the boss or boss has small children, then certificate for visiting the children’s entertainment center or a dolphinarium can be the best gift.
- colorful albumin which the achievements of companies and employees are present. If everything is properly arranged and done beautifully, then such a “document” can become a source of pride for the boss. In it, you can write how the company was formed, how a friendly team was formed, what difficulties re overcome during the passage of the “glorious path”.
- Good cheese with noble mold (like Dor Blue) and a bottle of Burgundy wine from France — this can be a classy and stylish gift that looks decent if it is properly packaged and presented.
- If your boss is resting, spending holidays in different parts of the world in the most severe regions of Antarctica, Novaya Zemlya, Kamchatka, then you can give some alpenstock or hatchet. Such a tool will be extremely useful on long journeys (maybe even save the boss’s life).
Important! It is worth observing the limits that are certainly present in every team.
Subordination must always remain. If everything is done with intelligence and a good sense of humor, then it can turn out to be a very good gift for the boss for the New Year.
Tips on gifts for the boss you can see in the next video.