Usually, not only future parents, but also their relatives prepare for the birth of a child. Therefore, you should think about choosing a gift in honor of this event in advance. Moreover, the date of birth and discharge is almost always a surprise. Making spontaneous, rash purchases, there is a risk of acquiring a gift that is not useful at all or will be inappropriate.
Features of choice
To understand this difficult matter, it is necessary to take into account several nuances.
- Before you start looking for a gift, you should ask the opinion of future parents or their relatives (grandmothers are usually aware of all the nuances).
- Despite the known gender of the child, you should not buy everything in blue or blue. The color of clothes and accessories for a boy can be neutral — white or beige.
- All congratulations should not be directed only to the baby. Be sure to prepare a gift for mom and even dad. For newly minted grandparents, you can also pick up nice words.
- A gift “for growth” is not always appropriate. First of all, it will have to be stored somewhere until a certain age is reached. And there is no guarantee that it will be needed or that the mod will not change.
- Most of the misses are in clothing. It is difficult to guess the size, and if things are larger than necessary, you can not get into the season when the child grows up to them. In addition, it is not always possible to choose things to the taste of parents.
- Before buying unfamiliar items or brands, you can seek help on the Internet. There you can find reviews on almost everything, having studied the opinions of those who have already used it in practice.
- Be careful with the choice of flors, fruits and sets, as they may not be suitable for a nursing mother and cause allergies in the baby. Alcohol will be inappropriate.
- It makes no sense to arrange a noisy celebration, because the boy is still too small, and his mother needs a rest.
In addition to choosing and purchasing a gift, you need to know when to give it. This is a rather sensitive question. The closest people tend to congratulate mom and baby as soon as possible. Since not everyone is allod into the maternity hospital, most of the gifts are presented on the day of discharge.
Those who re not invited to the discharge, or for some reason missed it, should not come to visit unexpectedly.
For this to be appropriate, it is worth waiting for an invitation from the parents at a convenient time for them. At the same time, it is necessary to behave tactfully — communication with a newborn is possible only with the permission of his mother.
Most donors strive to find interesting gifts that will match the uniqueness of the event. For example, among jelry you can find jelry designed specifically for moms. It can be earrings, a ring or a pendant.
Bracelets are especially convenient in this regard — pendants can be added to them as the number of children increases.
On the reverse side, you can engrave with pleasant words or capture the ight and height of the newborn. If among the finished products there is nothing suitable, there are craftsmen who can bring any fantasy to life. As a symbol of the fact that it was a boy who was born, it is better to use blue stones in jelry.
You can make an impression in another way — to pick up an inexpensive, but creative gift. To save important moments in the growth and development of the child, you can opt for a good photo album. Standard options are designed for the first year of life. In addition to posting photos, you can record your first successes and achievements in it.
For the same purpose, new parents are given kits with which you can make prints of the arms and legs of their baby.
To show care for mom, she should give certificate for visiting a beauty salon. After all, despite all the cases, she should not forget about herself. And the services of a massage therapist will help you recover faster and get in shape. Here it is important to agree on who will stay with the child during her absence, or use the services of a nanny.
Money can also be donated in an original way. To do this, you need to choose the appropriate postcard-envelope or put the bills in a small paper stroller. It is better to hide a certificate or money in a bouquet of flors or children’s supplies.
The most practical gifts are those that can make the work of parents as easy as possible, making caring for the baby easy and comfortable. This is what is of prime importance in the first months after birth.
The most necessary items are a crib and a stroller. Usually they are purchased in advance by the parents themselves. If they are short of money, help in such large purchases can be divided among relatives. For example, beten grandparents.
To make the baby less capricious while the mother is doing household chores, you can give a deck chair or electric swing.
In addition to technical characteristics and additional functions (in the form of melodies and arcs with toys), be sure to pay attention to the maximum possible ight of the child — the larger it is, the longer you can use it. The purchase of a car seat or infant carrier is usually done by the father, uncle or other close relative. Only in a special chair and you need to take your son or nephew home.
Another group of necessary things includes technical devices — sterilizers, food heater, blender, baby monitor, air humidifier. Their use is optional, as you can use improvised means. But modern devices greatly simplify life, save time and effort. Therefore, their acquisition is quite justified.
In order to make daily procedures with the baby simple and enjoyable, you can give a set of care products.
You can buy it ready-made or assemble it yourself. Anything can be included here — baby creams, oils, powders, foams and bathing gels. You can complete the set with bath toys. In order for the child to develop faster, almost from birth, you can use swimming circle. It is better to give the right to purchase products for feeding to a sister or grandmother, since this process is quite personal.
If clothing is chosen as a gift, do not buy too many things of the same size, as babies grow very quickly. Ideally, you can take a couple of hats, sliders, bodysuits and socks, and then pack everything nicely.
Now, almost from birth, for a child, you can buy all the items of an adult wardrobe — from jeans and shirts to dresses.
But the fabric should be natural and soft to the touch, and the cut of things should be as comfortable as possible. At the same time, you can take your time to dress up the baby in tiny adult clothes, but give preference to funny overalls or slips, in which the little one will look even more touching.
An alternative to clothing can be a beautiful set of bed linen, a bath tol or a blanket. To make it comfortable for the baby to lie on the sofa, and then on the floor, you will need a rug. It should be not only soft and pleasant to the touch, but also beautiful. The toys placed on it will encourage you to stretch your arms, roll over and move.
An indispensable gift will be books and magazines on the care and development of the child, which will help to avoid many problems and misunderstandings. And books with children’s fairy tales and poems that parents will read will also be useful. Or discs with lullabies, songs and recordings of fairy tales. They will act soothingly and develop hearing.
It can be difficult to make a choice, or there is no way to agree on a gift. In this case, the most useful certificate for a certain amount to a children’s store. Parents themselves will choose what they need. Moreover, they can be used for several months.
What can be done with your own hands?
You don’t have to buy a gift, and it’s not even about saving money. After all, everything that is made by hand is unique and filled with warmth. That is why these things are so highly valued. If the donor has hidden talents or abilities, they can be safely shown.
Consider what you can do with your own hands for a newborn boy.
- Plaid (blanket, envelope). To make the baby look especially solemn on discharge, he needs an appropriate outfit. For the summer period, a knitted or crocheted plaid is suitable. In colder ather, you need an envelope with a heater according to the ather. For decoration, you can use a bow on an elastic band.
At first, it will be convenient to walk in it, since even the smallest overalls can be large. It will be convenient if the envelope can be transformed into a blanket. The style, color and other details are best agreed in advance with the mother of the baby.
- Children’s dowry. You can sew absolutely any item of clothing on your own — from diapers to hats. The advantage of such a gift is the complete absence of doubts about the quality and convenience. In addition, no one has canceled the traditional knitted booties, socks and suits.
- Borders. It is currently fashionable to make them in the form of pillows, and some of them can be stylized as animals. If the name for the boy is chosen in advance, it can be embodied in the form of soft three-dimensional letters.
- Metrics. This is a special memorable gift, which will imprint the most important numbers — the ight and height of the child, as ll as the time of his birth. The metric will serve as another decoration for the children’s room. There are quite a few options for its implementation.
It can be ordinary embroidery or beadwork, wood carving or even a drawing.
- Mom’s treasure. You can put things in it that are reminiscent of the baby — a curl, the first tooth, tags from the maternity hospital, christening clothes, the first hat or socks. As a rule, it is made in the form of a box with compartments. The size of the box can be different, as ll as its design — decoupage, scrapbooking and the like.
If there are no creative abilities, it is worth paying attention to other ideas. The husband, having called for the help of friends, can make a surprise — to prepare an apartment. To begin with, it should be ll cleaned, and then — to decorate. For example, order balls and figurines from them. You can hang posters with pleasant words and congratulations.
It is better for the relatives to take over the organization of the discharge, freeing the mother from unnecessary trouble. This will be the best gift for her.
Friends can also help in creating a memorable video with the participation of the main character — the baby. Or write down your wishes. In addition to words, congratulations can be backed up with deeds — take the initiative and come to the aid of newly-made parents when it is needed.
See below for gift ideas for newborns.