Family holidays require special attention, and sometimes wit in the choice of gifts. I want to please my loved ones, surprise and please not only “for show”. What gift can you give your wife’s father? Of course, there are universal options, but there are original ones — each is worthy of consideration.
The best gift is the one that will definitely come in handy for the birthday person. If you notice that your father-in-law’s tool kit hasn’t looked like new for a long time, something has been lost, something has lost its perfect working condition, you can update the kit. If the father-in-law is a tinkerer, it is quite possible to please him:
- cordless screwdriver;
- convenient toolbox;
- electric screwdriver;
- roulette, equipped with additional functions;
- a set of tools resembling a diary.
Of course, “intelligence” will not hurt: it’s good if you know exactly what the father-in-law’s studio lacks. If there is no such confidence, give a certificate to the tool store. Surely the birthday boy will be delighted with the opportunity to choose a practical gift for himself.
But you should not reduce everything to the idea of a workshop. Even those who like to spend time there sometimes do not mind taking a break from business and relaxing with health benefits.
Today, there are many really useful massagers recommended by doctors, which improve blood circulation and the general condition of the body. Consult with a health worker, knowing about the health characteristics of the father-in-law, you can choose really useful devices for him. Often, older people spare money for this, they cannot part with a serious amount, but this does not mean that they would not like to have a useful medical gadget at home.
Giving your father-in-law something related to his hobbies for his birthday is the most obvious option. For example, if your relative is an avid fisherman, he may not mind replenishing his collection of spinning rods and fishing tackle. If you are sure that in the assortment of thematic goods you will choose a good gift, purchase it! There is no such confidence, again, refer to the certificates — this is convenient, you certainly won’t go wrong here.
Hobbies can be very different: collecting, woodcarving, sports, mountaineering. If you know, for example, that your father-in-law is an ardent football fan, on special sites you can order things for him with the symbols of your favorite club. As an option — to find some iconic ball or pennant, there are entire forums dedicated to the sale of such things.
If the father-in-law has a hobby in which he only tries himself, the undertaking needs help. As people get older, they often try to draw. Check out the art supply store for a wide range of tools to help the aspiring artist.
It also happens like this: a relative has an anniversary, and what to give is completely incomprehensible (it seems that the father-in-law has everything). It is necessary in such cases to turn to rare gifts. They can hardly be called practical, but they can impress and delight.
- Wine glasses in the form of chess pieces. A connoisseur of such a present will rejoice — yes, for the most part, they don’t drink from them, they serve as a decor. But what pleases our eyes also deserves a place in our lives.
- Photo on canvas. Today, such gifts can no longer be called a rarity, but still they can be attributed to the original. All you need is to find a photo of your father-in-law (in high quality), give it to the masters, and in a few days you will receive a photo of any size on a real canvas. This is a modern analogue of a portrait, it looks impressive in the interior. Anniversary is a great present!
- Rocking chair. The originality of this gift is that, despite all its stereotypes, they do not buy it so often. There is a stable association: a mature man with a book (a glass, a pipe) in a rocking chair is the head of the family, a sybarite. Do you think your birthday boy will refuse such a status item? Probably not. In a rocking chair it is convenient to relax after a hard day, think about your own, relax. And if the father-in-law lives in a private house, and there is an opportunity to use the chair in the fresh air, the gift is doubly interesting.
- Engraved cigarette case. Such a gift, of course, is addressed to those who smoke. The thing is status, not the most practical. But if the birthday boy really has everything, you can please him with a skillfully made nominal thing.
Finally, there is another, almost win-win option. To implement it, you need to know what a childhood dream of a father-in-law remained unfulfilled. Perhaps this is not a secret, and family members know about it.
For example, a birthday boy dreamed of a personal camera in childhood: you can work hard and find exactly the same camera, of the same model (preferably in working condition). But you can also offer a modern professional or semi-professional device.
Or another option — father-in-law dreamed of a guitar in his childhood, but never acquired a personal one. Think it’s too late? It’s never too late to learn! And attention, care, respect for the interests of a loved one are never forgotten.
Do you give flors?
The question often arises, do men give flors, is this normal? Surely at official receptions you have seen that bouquets are also presented to men. They are given to artists, athletes, presenters, etc. On an anniversary, giving a man flors is quite normal, there is no pathos in this. Moreover, florists can compose a strict composition in a masculine style. A man’s bouquet requires restraint, conciseness, it is a priori not sentimental, although are talking about flors.
If you are going to congratulate a relative in the presence of colleagues or subordinates, flors are a must.
What can be done with your own hands?
If you know that the birthday person is a person who appreciates manual labor, creativity, and a non-standard approach, you should think about hand-made presents. Those who knit ll can knit a fashionable sater or vest for a birthday man — this is a classic gift, and if it is made with high quality, it will not become outdated.
If your relative dreams of a country house or cottage (or he is already under construction), using a special program, you can make a paper model of the house. In the smallest details, with decor and scaling — many men appreciate such things. Other homemade gifts include:
- outdoor furniture (in the country, in a country house) or a gazebo;
- a picture with the image of a birthday man;
- ceramic dishes made by hand using a special technology;
- pictures on a wooden cut on a free theme.
Creative congratulations are not a material, but a spiritual gift. If you yourself, with the whole family, write a congratulatory verse, this, of course, will touch the hero of the day. You can come up with new words for your favorite birthday song and at the right time sing a song together at a family holiday.
You can mount a video film with children’s (and not only) photos of the father-in-law, the film can be accompanied by music or the author’s speech will be in it. It’s great if for the film you find your father-in-law’s youth and childhood friends on the Internet, ask them to record a couple of greeting words on video and insert all this into the film. Such things are always touching, the relative will certainly appreciate the work done.
Finally, a frequent gift today is money. And if you have agreed that you will give them exactly, accompany the cash gift with something creative, not so banal.
You can come to the holiday with balloons with interesting inscriptions (the best grandfather, you are our superman, etc.). The more surprise, fun, lack of rigor in your congratulations, the less the reminder of the birthday man about his age. Most people do not want to remember at all that the time for reckless, cheerful, loud congratulations is gone. Prove to yourself that this is not so, that being young at heart is the most important thing!
You can learn about other gift options for father-in-law in the following video.