60 years is a beautiful, worthy date, and if a woman celebrates her sixtieth birthday, such an elegant age can and should be emphasized. There is still in the minds of the townsfolk (fortunately, not all) the association of this beautiful date with the retirement age, which is only suitable for grandchildren and summer cottages. Alas, these circumstances are often hinted at by gifts that are presented to anniversaries — they are not at all complementary to age.
Features of choice
By and large, the choice of a gift has little to do with the date. All people are different, and one 60-year-old woman sincerely wants to get a new knitting kit, another wants to receive a new bicycle as a gift, and the third will not refuse a certificate to a beauty salon.
Therefore, what to give a woman is not a question of the date, the number written in the passport, but a question of individuality.
A rare birthday is complete without flors. And even if a woman shyly dismisses bouquets, there are practically no ladies who are not pleased with flors, and no one will refuse an armful of roses or a bouquet of delicate chrysanthemums. Yes, they are expensive but this is an invariable attribute of an anniversary gift, without which any present looks somewhat unfinished.
What flors are best.
- Roses are a classic. It is believed that older women should be given roses in deep dark shades (burgundy and red), but this rule can, and sometimes needs to be broken. If your hero of the day is a delicate blonde who prefers light outfits and some airiness in her image, dark roses will be alien to this mood. Pink, white, tea, nude will suit both my aunt and my girlfriend for 60 years.
- Tulips. If spring is in the yard, it is difficult to find something more relevant than tulips. Either a chic bouquet, where there will be more than a dozen of them, or 7 things diluted with gypsophila — it looks convincing, bright, solemn.
- Chrysanthemums. Budget, but not a pass-through option. The bigger the bouquet, the better. Don’t be afraid to mix shades ranging from white to deep lilac. These flors in large quantities do not need special packaging.
- Gerberas. It is appropriate if a modest bouquet of gerberas is given to a grandmother by grandchildren — it looks more natural than the same gift from adults.
- Assorted. A complex bouquet worthy of such an elegant age as 60 years. Sister or matchmaker, boss or girlfriend — an interesting composition will be a compliment, which is definitely not superfluous.
We start with flors, but don’t end. What if you want to congratulate a lady, but, for example, you are not invited to a gala dinner, and your gift is rather a sign of attention? For example, the birthday of your colleague, tutor, mother’s friend. Do you remember the best gift — a book? The expression is by no means obsolete. Yes, there is almost no need to stand in line for books today, but how typographic work has changed, what amazing collector’s editions can be purchased today in a bookstore!
If a person close to you appreciates art, you can give him an album with the work of your favorite artist.
Among other unpretentious gifts, one can recall jelry box, key holder, business card holder, notebook. If the gift is symbolic, then do not refuse such platitudes as chocolate, sets, coffee, tea. A cute sign of attention will emphasize that you remember the holiday date and want to please a person.
Many requests come with the message “I want to give something original.” An unusual gift is always a tough nut to crack for friends and family, but sometimes it makes sense to rack your brains to come up with some really interesting idea.
If you want to present flors in an unusual way, this can be floristic composition in an envelope, a hat, a cylinder. Sometimes it is these flors that should be given to the boss — such a creative form of the gift will not affect subordination, but it can remove some tension, excessive severity.
It will be more difficult with the original perfume: you always need to be sure that the hero of the day will like the perfume. Therefore, it is worthwhile to conduct “reconnaissance” in advance: casually slip the testers, draw conclusions in time and remember. And, of course, if you know that mom is dreaming about some branded perfume, but cannot afford such an expensive toilet water, give your mother just such a gift. And at 60, dreams should come true!
Yes, perhaps the birthday girl will say that the spending is crazy and in vain you gave so much money for ordinary perfumes, but deep down she will be more than satisfied.
A creative gift for a florist can be called aquarium for succulents. If your birthday girl is interested in such plants, then she will definitely like to equip a “house” for them. A gift that is both creative and unusual, and playing along with the lady’s hobbies.
The wife needs a special gift. There re so many things in family life — and some events are captured in photos and videos. Give the archives to the master, comment on the images, and he will create a film that will touch not only the birthday girl, but also all the guests at the festival.
A photo book can be considered an equally unusual gift. From children, grandchildren — this is appropriate, it is warm and touching. If you want a complete surprise, order a festive photobook delivery. In the morning, a messenger with a mysterious beautiful package will come to the birthday girl (do not forget to accompany the gift with flors, even with one rose). What a great start to your birthday!
If you are sure that the hero of the day will appreciate the jokes, you can think about such a festive program. Play a scene, shoot a comic video greeting, order a magician or comedian for a holiday — there are a lot of options.
Do you think that the same illusionist is out of place at such a respectable holiday? In some cases, it will be the “icing on the cake” — all guests will be waiting for the usual toasts, dances and an abundance of delicious food. And when a magician appears in front of everyone and will perform miracles and surprise guests with tricks, this will cheer everyone up (and the hero of the day in the first place).
If you want to organize a comic surprise yourself, try to mount a funny video. Make video cuts of famous people (from pop artists to presidents), just remove the original sound, replace it with your own congratulations to the hero of the day. The voice in the video editing program can be changed. Certainly the birthday girl will not expect this, and for a festive evening, such a joke will definitely be successful.
The most sincere comic gifts are from children. Play a scene, let them sing ditties, take part in such a performance yourself. But remember the appropriateness of jokes: try to avoid the topic of age (it is very slippery), try not to hint about all the charms of retirement, etc.
Joking toasts and congratulations should not prevail at the holiday, yet 60 years is some kind of milestone, a beautiful and strong age, and the hero of the day wants sincerity, warmth, compliments, and not endless jokes.
But a rare woman wants a comic congratulation to be the only one. As an addition, the addition to the main gift is great, but still, for 60 years, a woman wants something more solid, valuable. And comic gifts (like a frog jumping out of a music box) can be completely offensive to a woman.
If you know that mother-in-law, mother-in-law, sister-in-law or colleague should not give impressions, armfuls of roses and performances of artists as a gift, she is probably a practical person and means it in every possible way. And this is her right! Do not try to convince the birthday girl, but please her with what she will definitely appreciate and be able to put into practice.
- Certificate for a household appliances store. A wonderful gift, because the birthday girl can really use your present in the way she needs. You don’t have to struggle with choosing the right toaster or kettle, on the other hand, you don’t give money (by the way, such a gift does not fit into the rules of good manners). In the same way, you can purchase other certificates — to a clothing store, cosmetics, needlework, bed linen, etc.
- Cookware sets. No, no, this is not a return to the Soviet tradition. But if you are at least a little versed in this fashion (and there is also a fashion for dishes), then you will agree that this gift will be chic. In addition, often women cannot part with their old, battered sets of dishes, which have long gone out of fashion, and do not claim to be vintage.
Then your gift will be highly appreciated, and it will definitely not gather dust on the shelves.
- Furniture. And why not, if you are a close relative or friend, and you know what the hero of the day needs? You can choose a chest of drars, a coffee table or a bed (what you need) together with the birthday girl the day before, and on her birthday it will be delivered to the address. More than practical, and no need to rack your brains.
- Gym/pool/dance membership. If you know that the birthday girl is not averse to taking care of herself, she wants this for a long time, but her hands don’t reach, you can bring her dream closer. Just buy a long-term subscription so that the hero of the day will be carried away by the new activity in earnest, and she would not be tempted to quit this business.
- Bicycle/ski. Active women will not refuse such a gift. Perhaps they themselves have long dreamed of changing an old bicycle for a modern one, “with bells and whistles” or buying skis that glide no worse than Darya Domracheva’s skis. All this can be bought today — and if the gift is too expensive for one, try to unite with the whole family.
- Ticket to the sanatorium. Such a rest, combined with recovery, is needed not only for people of age. But a large number of sixty-year-old women can only afford to relax in the country. You can contact the therapist who treats your relative: he will advise which sanatorium of which profile would be the best choice.
And, of course, this gift is unlikely to be appropriate if a lot of things fall on the birthday girl during the sanatorium — help to deal with them, so that the person close to you has every opportunity to devote a few eks to your beloved.
- Bank account. For the most practical and this option will be very good. Open a savings bank account at good interest, let the starting amount be worthy for such an undertaking. Many people in their 60s worry that they don’t have a “safety cushion” in the form of financial savings. For a pensioner, such an account is a great help.
Any practical gift may not have the most practical addition. For example, two tickets to the cinema — like a trifle, but it cheers up, dilutes the routine course of everyday life. Take your mother to the museum (and don’t get off with a ticket, but keep her company), go to the same cinema, go shopping and buy what her eye “lit up”.
If your relative or friend, for some reason, does not want to celebrate her birthday brightly, there are situations when you take on his modest organization. If not everything is in order with health or not the easiest period in life, a person may really not have the strength to celebrate. At the same time, you will certainly catch, if the birthday girl would like a modest, but festive dinner on this day, and loved ones nearby.
If so, book a table in a cafe, call your closest ones, and under the pretext of going to the store or somewhere else, spend the birthday girl for a dinner in her honor. It is better, of course, to invite your mother (friend, colleague, relative) to the Philharmonic or to the theater so that the appearance matches the festival.
Care and attention is the most valuable and warmest gift that everyone needs.
If your beloved grandmother has a birthday, grandchildren must definitely take part in the festive preparations. Rehearsed dances and poems, postcards and drawings — this is an impression that grandmother cannot help but appreciate. Especially if the guys do not work in an impromptu program, but really prepared, tried, rehearsed.
If the family has a rhymer, you can ask him to write a verse for the birthday girl, and the grandchildren will learn it and read it touchingly.
If the grandchildren are older, then a festive table can be a wonderful gift for a grandmother from her grandchildren. Teenagers, students can cope with this if they approach the matter in detail. And while the grandmother is with other relatives or friends at work (at the theater / cinema), the grandchildren can show their culinary skills. Grandma will certainly appreciate such a gastro-feat!
Grandmothers rejoice heartily at handicrafts, needlework, and works of varying complexity. Will the birthday girl refuse to show the guests how wonderfully her grandson plays the violin or how talented her granddaughter draws. Of course, all congratulatory numbers must be rehearsed with parents.
And “for dessert” — a script for a family birthday for the hero of the day, who celebrates her sixtieth birthday. Try to make sure that in the morning (or by morning) you can decorate the house festively. If the birthday girl is at work, you can take advantage of this time.
If not, think of some pleasant business where she could go.
One part of those participating in the congratulations is engaged in the table. If you don’t want to spend the whole day in the kitchen, order catering, everything will be done quickly, beautifully and tasty. The other part of those participating in the congratulation prepares gifts (goes for flors, draws up gift certificates, etc.) As a result, the birthday girl should come to the decorated house, to the festive table, her task is to enjoy her birthday and have time to accept gifts.
Do you think such a scenario will not work? And you will offer (mother, mother-in-law, grandmother) to give up the usual troubles on this day. We are almost sure that it will not be difficult to persuade if you demonstrate your readiness to take on all the attributes of the holiday. And don’t forget to take more photos! Then it’s so great to look at them, smile, remember funny moments, look at all the nuances of the holiday.
Do not give ordinary gifts, do not get off with a round sum in an envelope, do not say words whose meaning has long been devalued by frequent repetition. Our loved ones deserve attention, our thoughts, strengths, efforts — as a result, everyone is happy and inspired!