If you have a friend or relative who is into photography, you are very lucky. Almost certainly, you periodically become the owner of beautiful and professional pictures, which are captured in the best possible way, for free. Therefore, with the approach of any holiday or the birthday of the photographer himself, you will certainly want to give him the best gift. This article will focus on how to choose the right souvenir or present for a person who loves to take pictures.
Let’s start with practical gifts. Your friend will be able to use them in the process of his work and will remember you more than once with a kind word and with gratitude. Many photographers are not rich, because a creative person thinks more about self-realization, and not about profit. Therefore, photography lovers often need to replenish their working kit.
- Shooting outdoors usually lasts a long time, besides, in these conditions there is no way to recharge camera battery. A spare porful battery in such cases helps a lot.
It is he who can be considered as one of the options for a presentation for a photographer.
- Tripod to place the camera during shooting is also a very necessary thing. Of course, if your friend or relative is a great professional, then he probably already has this device. But in this case, it will be useful to buy him a lightight tripod for use on trips.
- Even novice photographers accumulate large amounts of footage fairly quickly. What can say about those who have been doing this business for many years. Large hard drive or memory card with a large volume will definitely not be superfluous in the arsenal of those who are fond of photography.
- One of the problems of winter landscape photography is severe freezing of fingers. For photography lovers, there are special gloves. They warm the fingers and hands, while not complicating the process of photographing.
If you present such a gift to a photographer friend for the New Year, this will definitely not go unnoticed.
- Perhaps your photographer friend has spent a lot of money on photographic equipment, and at the same time is forced to carry his work kit in a regular bag or bacweack. Meanwhile, it’s pretty inconvenient. Professional photo bacweack will greatly please anyone who is seriously involved in photography and often carries photographic equipment with him. In a special bacweack, convenient departments are provided, in addition, the camera and lenses are maximally protected from damage.
- Could be a good present training book on photography, retouching and computer image processing. Everyone needs to acquire new knowledge and improve in their field. Beginners will be pleased and useful to receive from you a paid pass to a photography seminar or a subscription to a photography course.
- If you strongly doubt your competence in matters of photographic equipment, accessories and components for it, just give a friend certificate for purchases in a good photo store. In this case, he will be able to choose what he really needs.
Usually, all professional accessories and photo accessories are not cheap. If you still want to present something useful to a photography lover, and at the same time are somewhat constrained in funds, you can consider relatively inexpensive, but necessary things for a photographer:
- good and strong strap for carrying the camera;
- set for cleaning optics;
- photo frames of various formats and styles;
- case for compact camera.
Pleasant little things and souvenirs
Also, a keen photographer can be presented with any things that will speak about his occupation. Most people are very pleased to receive even a very inexpensive trinket, stylized as some item related to their favorite activity.
With such a gift, you can supplement the main present or give it on the occasion of a small holiday.
- The most popular souvenir from this series at the moment is a tea mug, a thermos or a glass in the form of a lens.
- A t‑shirt for a guy or a top for a girl with a photo-themed print is a gift that is always appropriate.
- An original keychain or pendant for a bag in the form of a camera can please both an amateur and a professional.
- Recently, piggy banks, which look like a photo frame, are gaining popularity. All coins lored inside are visible through the transparent glass. When filling such a piggy bank, round money is sometimes quite accidentally added up into bizarre compositions.
- For a birthday, you can order and present a birthday cake made in the form of a camera model. This will amuse not only the hero of the occasion, but also the guests of the holiday.
- Photographers themselves are not averse to getting high-quality and beautiful pictures with their loved ones. Therefore, it would be very original to give a photography lover a certificate for his personal photo session with a professional. Let him try himself as a model. In particular, such a present will please the girls.
- Buy tickets to a photo exhibition and go there with a friend. At such an event, a photographer can gain experience and just enjoy looking at interesting and high-quality pictures of colleagues.
What should not be given?
At the end of the article, it is worth giving a few tips regarding the issue of unwanted gifts for a person who is seriously interested in photography. Listening to them will be especially useful for those who are not themselves a photographer and poorly understand the nuances of this activity.
The only exceptions are those cases when your friend or relative has discussed with you the desired gift in advance and named specific models of the components or photographic equipment he needs.
- Do not give a professional or semi-professional camera as a gift. Each photographer chooses equipment according to their needs and preferences. Often you have to spend eks reviewing and comparing the characteristics of various models, proofreading reviews and reading reviews for a particular model. High cost is not a criterion for universality. You can simply not guess with the manufacturer’s brand by giving a friend-photographer a technique for which he does not have any components. Therefore, in order to start working with your generous gift, he will have to spend a decent amount of money on their purchase.
- With lenses, things are the same. Expensive professional models have a rather narrow purpose. Therefore, each photographer selects lenses, as they say, “for themselves”. Having bought an expensive model, you risk missing the choice. The one who receives it will be forced to put your gift on the shelf or sell it to colleagues. In this case, inevitably upset both.
- Flashes have a lot of characteristics: por, range, brightness, etc. In addition, many models are only suitable for a certain camera. Don’t risk pointing your finger at the sky. Without understanding this issue, guessing the choice is almost impossible.
- For light filters, one of the main characteristics is the diameter. Already in this matter, you are likely to be mistaken if you do not discuss your future gift with the photographer himself. In addition, all filters, with the exception of the simplest, protective and ultraviolet, are designed for certain shooting conditions.
A person ignorant of photography will simply not be able to choose the right filter as a gift.