Working in a team, people often become not only colleagues, but also friends. They know even personal things about each other, and the dismissal of one of the employees often becomes a real loss for colleagues. Regardless of the reason for the departure of the employee, the team in most cases wants to cheer up their colleague by presenting him with a memorable gift. It can be both a general present and various souvenirs from each colleague. The main thing is that the parting gift should be made from the heart and remind you of the best moments spent in a friendly team.
Leaving your usual place of work can be dictated by a variety of conditions. Consider the most common reasons for dismissal.
- personal factors. This includes everything related to the circumstances of the employee’s life. For example, a dding, a move, the upcoming birth of a child, a state of health and other situations that are not related to the working environment and the policies of a particular company. It happens that a resigning employee himself gives his colleagues memorable gifts from himself.
- Dismissal of the chief. The most stressful option for leaving, it is connected either with the fact that the employee did not cope with the duties assigned to him, or he had an insoluble conflict with the manager. In this case, dismissal from work occurs rather in a negative way, and the task of the team is to support a colleague, smooth out the overall impression of this situation.
- Job change. Often an employee leaves the previous place when he finds something more suitable and corresponding to his needs. For example, a new job is closer to home or there are better working conditions. And the most common argument is that wages are higher in a new company. But even leaving on your own is stressful, because the usual team is changing. Therefore, it is so important to say goodbye to a colleague with dignity, giving him something as a keepsake.
- Retirement. Such an argument is ighty both for the resigning employee and for the entire team. Therefore, in this case, a memorable gift to a colleague should be solid, reflecting the long-term contribution that the employee made to this company.
When choosing a gift from the team, it is important to build on the reason for leaving. For example, upon dismissal due to an insoluble conflict with the boss, a solemn farell will be inappropriate.
But words of support and memorable souvenirs will come in handy. Entering a ll-deserved retirement already implies honoring merit and a common solid gift. The main thing is that the retiring person remembers his colleagues with warmth and joy.
If a colleague has time to become a friend for employees, then you can give him an individual parting gift. It all depends on the gender and age of the colleague.
Upon dismissal, a young girl can be presented with:
- phone accessories — from a fashionable case to headphones;
- a cosmetic bag, a mirror, a beautiful wallet;
- jelry or a certificate for the purchase of perfume;
- selfie stick.
The young man will need:
- car accessories (if he drives a car) — from a key fob to a navigator;
- cool gifts, for example, a running alarm clock or a jar of inviolable socks;
- computer accessories — from a memory card to a wireless mouse;
- a mug with a funny inscription;
- vape accessories (for smokers);
- certificate for visiting karting or shooting gallery.
A woman will be pleased to receive the following cute and useful gifts.
- Fruit basket. There you can put not only fruits, but also sets. It is harmonious to add a bouquet of flors to this uncomplicated, but pleasant gift.
- Textile accessories: napkins, tablecloths, tols, blankets. These are always necessary things in everyday life.
- Interior items: vases, paintings, clocks. Such a present would be appropriate from an employee who was visiting a colleague and knows that he will harmoniously fit into the interior.
Men will be happy with funny and at the same time useful presents: you can give an umbrella, a business card holder, computer accessories, mugs, T‑shirts with a funny inscription.
To make the gift even more personal and friendly, you can put a commemorative inscription on the gift, engrave it, or add shared photos (for example, print them on a mug).
If the manager leaves
It happens that the team for one reason or another leaves the boss. For example, he moves to another department due to a promotion, retires or leaves for personal, family reasons. If the team has developed a warm relationship with the leader, then a memorable gift will be an excellent consolidation of many years of friendship. The presentation in this case should express respect for employees and emphasize the status of the boss. Consider the most appropriate options.
- Expensive alcohol. For a man, it is better to buy a strong alcoholic drink, for example, whiskey, for a woman, collection wine, liquor is suitable.
- Leather items. Such gifts always look solid — starting from a leather wallet or purse, and ending with a briefcase or even a comfortable leather chair. It all depends on the budget and personal preferences of the manager.
- Name engraved items. No boss will refuse a watch, a pen or a diary with his name. Such a gift can be considered classic and solid.
- Will be a great keepsake certificate to a SPA-salon, a sauna, a concert or a football match.
- If employees know the hobbies of their boss, then an interesting solution would be to present a gift, related to his hobby. For example, you can give a set of computer games or even virtual reality glasses, a chessboard or a sewing machine.
The boss will definitely like such gifts, and he will remember his former subordinates with warmth.
In connection with retirement
When a colleague retires, it means that he can devote himself to household chores, family chores and his hobbies. The team should present the colleague with a solid gift appropriate for the occasion.
- Mistress it is better to choose a cookbook with recipes, where there is a section for your own notes. You can also please her with kitchen utensils, such as baking dishes or oven mitts. If the budget allows, you can even purchase a food processor, toaster, juicer or meat grinder.
- For the needlewoman a book with a knitting kit (knitting needles, crochets) is suitable.
- If a retired woman has houseplants at home, then you can give her the means to care for them. Or choose a beautiful live flor.
- The samovar will be an original present for an employee who has a large family. What could be more comfortable than drinking delicious tea from a beautiful expensive samovar with your children and grandchildren!
- If the employee has not yet decided on retirement activities, then the team can give her ideas by giving, for example, a subscription to cooking or art modeling courses. The main thing is to try something new, and only in this way you can find an interesting occupation for yourself.
For a man who is about to retire, the following gifts are suitable.
- Fisherman you will like fishing accessories, for example, fishing rods, a special suit, a bacweack, bite alarms, ice fishing kits. If the budget allows, you can even donate a boat.
- For summer residents garden tools are suitable, for example, decorative fountains, an artificial pond or plaster figures. An excellent gift would be a hammock (even a double one), you just need to choose from handmade models with which there will be no problems during installation. So a colleague will be able to relax in his garden, relax, and even sleep in beten country cares. If the budget allows, you can even please a retired colleague with a garden swing. The main thing is that the material is of high quality, otherwise there is a risk of injury. The inner child of a former employee will jump with delight from such a gift.
- For those who prefer intellectual recreation, you can present board games — from chess to backgammon or dominoes.
- No connoisseur of high-quality alcohol will refuse a barrel for making homemade wines. Such a gift will not only look solid, but also preserve the taste of wine.
Commemorative gifts for colleagues
It often happens that a leaving person wants to leave gifts from himself to his colleagues in the shop. There will be several options here.
- Mugs. This modest and cute gift will never lose its relevance. You can print the names of employees or their photographs on the mugs, or you can choose dishes with symbolic inscriptions or pictures that are suitable individually for each member of the team.
- Stationery. It is always a necessary gift in any company. In addition, the stores now have a huge selection of various pens or notepads with an interesting design.
- Antistress coloring pages. A must have at work. They are sold in bookstores. You can accompany these gifts with some memorable inscriptions for each employee.
- Another option is to organize a farell buffet with former colleagues. Set the table and have a good time chatting.
Regardless of whether the gift from the team is expensive or it turns out to be cute souvenirs, in any case, for the resigning employee, this will become a sign of attention dear to the heart.
He will feel like an important member of the team and will remember all the best moments spent together with now former colleagues.