A distinctive feature of pajamas-party is the combination of two opposite characteristics. On the one hand, such a party always involves serious preparation. On the other hand, its holding should create maximum comfort for guests so that they do not get the impression that all its stages are part of a carefully thought-out scenario. A pajama party is considered a universal party. It can be arranged for a child’s birthday, used for a regular meeting with friends. The atmosphere that will be created during the party will appeal to guests, regardless of gender or age.
What it is?
The United States is considered to be the birthplace of pajama parties. Initially, this format of entertainment was intended for children whose age did not exceed the mark of 10 years. Gradually, the teenagers liked the idea. They changed the traditional scenarios, but the essence of the event remained unchanged.
Now pajama parties are arranged not only for children and teenagers, but are also popular for organizing adult holidays (from a regular meeting with friends to a bachelorette party before the dding).
Benefits of a pajama party:
- minimal financial costs (sandwiches, pizza, pies, fast food dishes are most often used as treats for guests);
- in the style of a pajama party, you can arrange not only holidays, but also ordinary meetings with friends.
Pajama party invitations are optional, but they can create an interesting atmosphere before the event even starts. There are two ways to notify guests — on paper or electronically. You can make postcards yourself, order in photo salons or buy them in thematic stores. Invitations in the form of slippers, pillows, with sleeping characters will look funny.
Benefits of using invitations:
- using an invitation, you can immediately notify the guest about the required dress code and the subject of the meeting;
- a funny postcard will remain in memory and will return memory to pleasant moments;
- a nice invitation will cheer up the guest long before the event itself.
How to furnish a room?
A pajama party can be held in any room. It can be a bedroom, a living room, a rented room. The main nuance will be the creation of a certain atmosphere and the use of thematic decor. If a hall is rented for a party, then it is absolutely not necessary to set the table.
An ideal option, for example, would be a studio with sofas or underfloor heating. Guests can be placed on blankets, rugs, among a large number of pillows of different sizes.
As a decor, you can use:
- decorative candles;
- garlands and confetti;
- phosphor pictures that glow in the dark;
- Stuffed Toys;
- signs with funny inscriptions.
What to ar?
Pajama party implies a strict dress code. Clothing should be as homely and even funny as possible. For example, traditional sleep shirts, pajamas, bathrobes can be complemented with fluffy slippers with muzzles of animals.
You can make bright and funny makeup, use various accessories, such as sleep masks or anti-stress pillows that are worn around the neck.
A fashionable novelty that is impossible not to mention is kigurumi. They are overalls, the hood of which is designed in the form of a certain character. Kigurumi can be with ears, eyes, tails and even hooves. The size range includes models for any age. Thanks to such overalls, you can turn into a funny unicorn, tiger cub, horse or kangaroo.
For a pajama party, you will need several categories of dishes. For example, light snacks that will always be at hand, drinks and desserts. If a pajama party involves leaving guests overnight, then you will definitely need lunch and breakfast.
It is not necessary to divide dishes into categories, they can be served simply at certain intervals or put everything on the table at the same time so that guests can choose what to treat themselves.
Menu options and nuances:
- as lunch at such parties, pizza, pasta with chicken or fast food are served (pizza and fast food are universal dishes that rarely anyone dislikes);
- desserts can be presented in the form of cupcakes, pies, homemade cakes or store-bought options;
- water and carbonated drinks should be in large quantities (you can supplement the assortment with tea or coffee);
- chips, french fries, pieces of vegetables and fruits, dryers, sets, gingerbread will serve as a kind of “snacks”;
- The most popular breakfast options are waffles, pancakes or toast on a fried baguette.
Scenario options for children
It is noteworthy that even the same pajama party scenario can be used to organize different holidays — a birthday, a bachelorette party, ordinary meetings with girlfriends and friends. Options can differ only when holding events for boys or for girls. For teenagers, the contests will also be slightly different.
The advantage of a pajama party is the possibility of holding it at home and saving the budget in connection with this nuance.
When planning an event, it is important to consider the age of the guests. Formally, the possible options can be divided into several categories: for children 5–6, 7–9, 10–11, 12–13, 14–16 years old, for teenagers, for adults. Drawing up a clear action plan is mandatory. Items can change places, but you need to prepare for each of them as carefully as possible:
- meeting with guests;
- light snack and discussion of news;
- funny contests or games, alternating with tea drinking, eating sets;
- calm competitions in a quiet atmosphere, for example, with the addition of music;
- dancing, fun tasks (for example, a pillow fight);
- joint tasks (cooking dishes, drinks, you can give each other a manicure).
Absolutely any contests are suitable for a pajama party. You can choose the most active and fun options. The more jokes and fun, the better. The party should be remembered by the guests and be the reason for the long-term preservation of a smile on their face.
It is important to consider the age of the invitees. For children, you can choose the most mobile options, for adults — focus on joyful and funny moments.
Here are some examples.
- “Truth or Dare”. The guests ask each other the question: “Truth or Dare?”. If a person chooses the truth, then he should be asked the most provocative question. In the case of choosing an action, he will have to perform some kind of fun or even stupid act. The one who asks the question should come up with the question and the action. You can do it collectively.
- “Twister”. The game is very popular not only among children, but also among adults. It is a canvas with circles of different colors. The leader spins the arrow. The participant must complete the task by placing their foot or hand on the color indicated by the arrow. The game is always accompanied by pushing, funny falls, general laughter and jokes.
- “Best Pajamas” You can hold this competition in the format of a kind of fashion show. Each participant must demonstrate their outfit in a beautiful or funny way. You can tell something about him, compare with someone or something. The rest of the guests must choose the most original option. The winner can be determined by applause, voting or other means.
- “Sleeping Beauty”. The participant or participant takes a horizontal position, closes his eyes. The task of the other participants is to make him or her laugh. You can do this only with funny stories, anecdotes, and other actions. Physical touching of the sleeping beauty is prohibited.
- “Happy Cuddles” On the sheets you need to write tasks and put them in a box or bag. Tasks should contain indications of body parts — which part of the body to which should the participant cling to another participant. For example, “ear to knee”, “hand to heel”. At the same time, the participants take positions next to each other, and each of them must take part in the game. Some in this position will find it difficult to reach the desired part of the body. But that’s the point of a fun game.
For a pajama party, you can use any game options. Even desktop entertainment, which is available in any children’s or specialized store in a huge assortment, will do. For example, the most popular can be called “UNO”, “Monopoly”, “Who ate the cake.”
There are other examples as ll.
- “Great bag.” The essence of the game is that funny accessories must be folded into a small bag. Then the music turns on. The bag must be passed around. When the music stops, you need to get an accessory from the bag and put it on yourself. Stop and turn on the music can be one specific or all the guests in turn. The game ends when the bag is empty.
- “Hunting for socks.” Each competitor must ar socks that only cover part of the foot. Then everyone gets on all fours. On command, the music turns on. Participants must catch up with each other and try to remove the socks from the opponent. The winner is the one who manages to keep both socks. You can play the game in several stages. Anyone who has lost both socks is removed from the playing area.
- “Pillow fight”. Everyone knows this game. Everyone loves to play it at any age. Not a single adult woman or man will refuse to arrange a pillow fight with an opponent. Such a competition always brings a lot of pleasure to the participants.
- “Tell me grunt.” A fun game that will also appeal to both adults and children. Its essence lies in the fact that the participants took cover in sleeping bags or simply wrapped themselves in sheets. Faces should not be visible. The host, approaching a specific person, should say “tell me a grunt”. The participant must grunt in response. The task of the presenter is to determine which of the guests owns the sound.
- “Multi-colored manicure”. To play, you will need several bottles of bright nail polishes. The participant spins the vial on the table surface. Whom the cap points to should paint the nail with the available color. The game continues until a few nails or all fingers are painted.
At a pajama party, you can arrange any entertainment and competitions, any company will find something to do.
The main condition for their selection is the general interest. Close girlfriends and friends are invited to such events, so it will not be difficult for the organizer to take into account the interests of each of them.
At the same time, even dding scenarios can be taken as a basis.
- “Pajama Photoshoot” Such entertainment can be carried out at any stage of the event. The essence of entertainment is to take as many funny photos as possible. You can beat the task as a fashion show.
- “Home Beauty Salon” If a pajama party is arranged by girls, then you can amuse yourself and your friends with a fun task. All participants must give each other manicures, makeup or unusual hairstyles. The organizer should carefully prepare for such an event. You will need bright nail polishes, hair styling products, various accessories. At the end of the event, you can take a photo session as a keepsake.
- “Guess the melody”. The host should only play music for a few seconds. Other participants must guess who is performing the song, what is the name of the song. To facilitate the game, you can use any devices. For example, whistles, other sound instruments. This is necessary in order to determine which of the participants was the first to guess the correct ansr.
How to throw a party for adults?
Preparation of an event for adults is practically no different from the children’s version. The organizer needs to perform similar tasks — pick up treats and drinks, make a list of competitions and purchase all the necessary accessories, take care of the interior decor and invitations. Pajama parties are quite popular with adults. In this theme, photo shoots, hen parties before the dding, birthday celebrations are often arranged.
You can also hold an event for adults both at home and in a rented studio.
- girls can not only put on dressing gowns or pajamas, but also use additional accessories in the form of curlers, fabric face masks, patches;
- you can have a party in the same style or color scheme (for example, only red robes or white t‑shirts).
For a pajama party, you can make a lot of accessories from improvised materials with your own hands. For example, tents. A few pieces can always be placed even in a small room. You can make a tent from sheets, blankets. You can stretch a large sheet from one wall of the room to another, making a kind of canopy. The idea will appeal not only to children, but also to adults. Everyone can feel like a little boy or girl sitting in a makeshift hut.
- you can make huge lollipops from multi-colored sheets (for this you must first twist the material into a strip, and then roll it in a spiral, securing the end in any convenient way);
- you can use bright disposable tableware for the holidays (among the range you can find excellent options even with thematic inscriptions);
- the use of a chocolate fountain (such a device can be rented, it is a small tor on which liquid chocolate continuously flows, pieces of fruit, cookies and other delicious preparations can be dipped into it);
- pajama party involves a lot of contests and games for which you need to think over incentive prizes (for example, sets, funny souvenirs, postcards with funny wishes).
Pajama party can be held according to any scenario. The main nuance is the preservation of the mandatory atmosphere. It should be as homely and relaxed as possible. During the event, guests should not feel stress.
Ideally, if the meeting will take place sitting or even lying on the floor, on sofas, on the bed. Pillows are a must. They will create maximum coziness and comfort.