The atmosphere of any holiday is special. It is made up of many little things. In addition to the festive table and decorations, gifts play a special role. Everyone is waiting for them, so it is important that the presents are securely and beautifully packaged. We invite you to consider various packaging options that you can do with your own hands so that it is stylish and original.
Let’s start with the packaging that is most pleasant to remove from a gift — from the classic, so pleasantly rustling paper bag. We offer ideas on how to hide a gift.
- If the holiday souvenir fits in a box, you can simply paste over it with beautiful paper. You won’t need anything other than double sided tape to keep it neat.
- Nobody forbids moving away from the traditional rectangular shape and making a bag out of paper. Simply place your gift in the center of a square piece of paper and tie all four corners together at the top with a ribbon, rubber band or bow. Get a kind of bag. The option is simple, but due to an interesting print on paper, it can look very impressive.
- If it is important for you that the gift keeps its shape, but it is problematic to make a rigid frame out of paper, use a basket or the bottom of a regular box as the base, leaving the top open so that the package can be shaped like a bag.
- Recently, ordinary, unbranded craft ready-made gift bags have become popular. They come in different sizes and are very easy to decorate. You can decorate the surface with a suitable ikebana of branches, balls and ribbons, you can apply some kind of pattern or decorate the bag with ribbons made from natural fabrics.
Paper is a great option, but not the only one. Some choose textile packaging for decoration: fleece, silk, velvet. This is a fairly economical and convenient option. It is difficult to break such a container ahead of time, it does not shine through, nothing will happen to it, even if it gets t, but the color and texture options for fabric bags simply cannot be listed! Consider some types of work with fabric bags.
If you like needlework, you can sew a real bag. The easiest way to do this is on a typewriter, but if the gift is small, you can do it with your hands. A simple buttonhole or stalk stitch that holds the edges will look pretty impressive.
Make a pattern, focusing on the size of your gift, and in just a few minutes prepare a great cover.
- If the fabric was plain, for example, a noble red velvet natural canvas bag or a soft fleece bag, decorate the “facade” with appliqué. You can sew on a ready-made patch or create your own composition. You can cut a pattern or pattern from other pieces of fabric. Some create mosaics with buttons, others use feathers, ribbons, or do a little embroidery. There are a lot of options, it all depends on your free time and skill.
- If sewing is not a strong point, but you still want to use aving for finishing, don’t worry, you can make a bag using fabric and any ribbon. There are two options. First: by analogy with paper, choose a piece of fabric that is suitable for your gift, put the present in the center, connect the 4 ends of the package (or tighten the edges up if you cut out a circle) and tie the design into a tight knot, gently straightening the folds. Second: wrap the gift like a candy. You also place the main contents in the center of the fabric, but closer to one of the edges, and roll up the gift like dough.
All that remains is to bandage the package on both sides to fix the item inside.
How to decorate?
A little higher, you could already find a few ideas, but let’s dll on the decoration in a little more detail.
- The first option is an application. It can be made from fabric, buttons, paper, dyed or natural cotton. All improvised materials will easily turn into finishing if you have some inspiration.
- The second option is Christmas decorations. Small balls, bells and bells, beautiful openwork figures that can be hung on a string that fits the bag.
- Another way to be original is to use sets or cookies in the design. This is not only beautiful, but also delicious packaging, which will especially delight children.
- Use beads or beads to decorate. Make an embroidery or, using large beads, complement the usual tape that fixes the package.
- For packaging, you can use self-adhesive rhinestones. This is an elementary finishing method that does not require special skills, in addition, rhinestones can often be found in a format where they are already sold in the form of a certain pattern, for example, snowflakes or Christmas trees.
- Now bags are often made of burlap, it can be very beautifully decorated with natural spruce branches and cones or make a kind of ikebana. In this type of design, it would be appropriate to use any natural elements, from flors to dry twigs tied with ordinary twine.
The last packaging option that I would like to talk about is a crocheted or knitted bag. Here you will need a certain amount of skill, but such a bag is already a gift in itself. It is more difficult to make such packaging than from fabric, but you must admit that it is pleasant for loved ones to try.
If you do not know how to knit, but the idea requires it, you will find many workshops online where you can learn how to make simple forms of elementary knitting in a few minutes.
Start easy — try making a one-color bag. A knitted bag looks really original, it exudes a special festive mood, so this kind of packaging is worth the effort. You can decorate it not only with a pattern, but also with all the above decoration elements.
Do not be afraid to show your imagination, the holidays are created for a special mood!
To learn how to make gift bags with your own hands, see the following video.