Nothing elevates the status of a gift like beautiful packaging. Hover, for small gifts, a beautiful package is often quite enough. The material in this article will tell you how to make such packaging with your own hands.
What can be made from?
Despite the fact that different raw materials are used in the production of gift bags, at home it is more expedient to take something that holds its shape ll. This means that neither cellophane, nor fabric, nor foil paper is suitable — you have to rely on paper. At the same time, it can be the most diverse, it can be useful in work:
- sheets of A4 or A3 paper;
- scrapbooking paper or origami;
- paper wallpapers of standard width;
- napkins for decoupage.
Foil paper often does not lend itself to gluing, in addition, it does not hold its shape, and therefore the bag from it will not look beautiful, despite the shine of the material. Wallpaper often allows you to create one of the most interesting types of gift bags: they are durable, strong, beautiful and often stylish, because today paper wallpapers are presented in the widest range, they can be childish, fabulous. Among the drawings there are prints on the theme of Paris England, graffiti.
Kraft paper gift bags look great. In addition, you can make special paper yourself by choosing the design you like, downloading it and printing it on a color printer. Using an exemplary technology, you can also make paper for newspaper design. Unlike ordinary newspaper, it will keep its shape, differing in the strength of the finished product.
The only downside to printed paper is that the ink doesn’t last when t.
If napkins are taken as the basis for decorative paper, then before proceeding with folding the gift bag, it is necessary to separate the decorative layer of the napkin and, having passed over the entire area of u200bu200bthe usual sheet with pencil glue, glue it. Wherein it is important to carefully stick the napkin, initially preventing the formation of air bubbles. After the napkin is glued, you need to give the paper some time to take shape so that it does not warp in the future.
Depending on what kind of gift package you want to make, you may need to work:
- glue stick (PVA or even “Titan”);
- ruler and a simple pencil;
- hole punch and scissors;
- clothesline or satin ribbon;
- small greeting card;
- cardboard or cardboard wrapper;
- decor elements (about the same as for scrapbooking).
In addition, a hot glue gun can come in handy. As for decor elements, various carved flors, geometric shapes, confetti, small crocheted flors, large sequins in the form of shells, leaves, flors, and other decorative motifs can be used as them in the manufacture of a gift bag.
When choosing one or another option, it is worth considering the type of glue. For example, paper decor adheres ll to ordinary paper glue and PVA. If you need to fix sequins or knitted decorative elements, you should use hot melt or Titan glue, which is often used by creative craftsmen.
How to fold?
Making a gift bag with your own hands is easy. After all the items necessary for the work are prepared, you can proceed to its implementation. You can use an example diagram.
- Decorative paper is placed face down in front of you.
- Approximately 1–1.2 cm recede from the left edge and bend this allowance.
- Inside, auxiliary paper is placed under it, which will not allow excess glue to flow into unnecessary places.
- The allowance is glued with glue, after which the paper is covered on the second side, glued, forming a paper tube. Auxiliary paper is removed after gluing.
- The resulting paper tube is folded in half. In this case, one side face will be located strictly along the glue allowance, and the second — opposite it.
- They are determined with the width of the package, for which 3–4 cm are measured to the right of the glued allowance and a paper tube is bent at this mark.
- Pressing the new side face and holding the worweiece on the surface of the working table, hold the hand to the side on the right, thereby defining the fourth face. All lines clearly bend. At this stage, the blank looks like a box without top and bottom.
- An allowance for handles is made from above, bending the upper edge by about 3 cm. To place it inside the bag, the allowance is folded over and wrapped inside.
- After turning out the handle allowance, you need to go over the top of the side edges with your fingernail again to get a clear edge on the top.
- In order for the package to look exactly like a store counterpart, the width of the side faces is divided in two and folded inward. At this stage, the package has a top and sides folded inward.
- They begin to design the bottom, the width of which is approximately the same as the width of the side faces at the beginning. The allowance is wrapped on itself, clearly pushing through with a fingernail.
- The bottom allowance is bent, bent in the opposite direction to obtain a clear line. Next, the corners are bent upwards, combining the former side with the bent bottom line.
- The whole structure is unfolded, first the sides of the bottom are bent inward, forming trapeziums on the sides of the package, then one of the sides.
- Its central part is glued and glued to the second part of the bottom. It is important that the width of the bottom and sides match, all excess will have to be cut off.
- At this stage, the bottom and the attachment points of the handles are strengthened using ordinary cardboard. To do this, cut out rectangular strips: one should match the bottom, the other two fit under the top allowances.
- The cardboard bottom is glued, after which the allowance of the sides is again sent inward, and the bottom itself is bent to either side of the package from the outside.
- Glue cardboard under the handles. The allowance should not capture the sides of the worweiece.
- Take a hole punch and use it to pierce holes for the ropes. After that, the ropes are cut to the desired length, their edges are scorched, threaded through holes and tied in knots on all four sides.
If you plan to hang a small greeting card on the handle, put it on the rope before knots are tied to prevent the ropes from falling out.
In addition to the basic scheme of folding a paper bag for wrapping a gift, there are many variations of its design. For example, the same ropes can be replaced with satin ribbons. If you don’t want to mess with the top due to the lack of a hole punch, you can simply fold the top edge of the packaging bag with an accordion after the present itself is placed in it. Other origami schemes allow you to create gift boxes, others involve gluing decorative pockets.
You can come up with various decorative elements that will be a kind of locks for the bag. In addition, if desired, you can even print out the gift bag unwrapping and fold it. As a rule, such structures are intuitively easy to assemble. Often for this it is necessary to glue the side edges and assemble the bottom. The top can be fastened with narrow satin ribbons, decorative buttons. In addition, it can be openwork, which is done using a figured hole punch.
The packages themselves may not only look like standard packaging designs — their shape can be played up in the form of funny animals, butterflies, handbags or umbrellas. For greater similarity, often such products are stitched on a sewing machine, thereby imitating textile seams. Other products resemble cone-shaped food bags.
How to make a gift bag with your own hands, see below.