It is equally pleasant to receive and give presents, so the choice of gifts must be approached carefully. After all, first of all, the goal of the donor is to please, to make a pleasant impression that will be remembered for a long time. For everything to happen the way you think, be sure to focus on the tastes of the person to whom the present is intended. But even guessing with a gift is not enough, the options for its packaging are no less important, in fact, the design is the face of your present. Unfolding wrapping paper or other decor sends us all back to childhood, to a fairy tale, making the anticipation of a gift as strong as the joy of receiving it.
It is not necessary to turn to the help of professional packers, which can result in a decent amount in the end. Creating a design on your own is much more interesting, because in the end you will get a unique composition in which you will put a piece of your soul.
Gift wrapping has its own etiquette, its own rules, which must be taken into account before proceeding with packaging. These recommendations are generally recognized, focusing on them, you will never get into a mess.
- Gift wrapping for men of any age should not contain too “feminine” decor, even if this man is your loved one. Bows, ribbons, hearts, bears and other romantic paraphernalia are not suitable.
- A man’s gift should look strict and status on the outside, so plain packaging is in favor. Particularly good fabric, craft paper, neutral colors, discreet decor in a small amount.
- If you give alcohol, then choose a classic type of packaging — a tube. If a man is close, a more unusual one is also suitable — a cover made of textiles, burlap, which is already stylized in accordance with his taste or the interests of the person being presented.
- Gift wrapping for a woman allows you to show more imagination, you can use bright colors, original motifs, a catchy print, a lot of decor.
- Be sure to consider the status of a woman, the closeness of your relationship, before choosing too expressive and unusual decor.
- Making a gift for a child, you can embody the brightest and boldest fantasies, the composition should be cheerful, cheerful. For decor, use something that the child will surely like, for example, balloons.
The style of decoration is often dictated by the mood of the holiday, and this must also be taken into account.
- New Year holidays, Christmas suggests a lot of relevant paraphernalia and motifs: winter, snow, deer, Christmas trees, toys, tinsel, bells, serpentine. You can use bright paper, bold decor, shiny elements.
- St. Valentine’s Day has a romantic background, so roses, doves, hearts, Teddy bears and so on will be appropriate here.
- March 8 — a spring holiday, therefore, floral motifs, elegant packaging, bright ribbons are in favor.
- February 23 is a brutal holiday, so camouflage, St. George ribbons, military symbols, restrained colors are among the main trends.
In addition to the packaging features, you need to take into account the latest current trends. Gift colored paper and a bow as the only decoration are a thing of the past. Modern decor trends dictate their own rules. Designers recommend paying attention to three areas that are now gaining particular popularity:
- eclectic and futuristic styles;
Eco style is primarily distinguished by an abundance of natural materials and a natural range of colors. The use of artificial decor and bases is not allod. Very often such decorative elements are used:
- craft paper;
- bows and bandages made of twine, unbleached linen.
In minimalism, the main thing is restraint and conciseness. Stay within strict limits, do not leave simplicity, and you will succeed. Often used:
- black and white paper;
- geometric print.
Futurism and eclecticism allow you to combine styles and trends, for example, an expressive and spectacular satin bow and a craft paper wrapper. Or a frilly elegant box with a luxurious print made of natural fabric with a pin as a decorative element.
Whatever style you choose, proceed not only from your own taste, but also from the preferences of the hero of the occasion, to whom the gift is intended.
What materials may be needed?
Only your imagination can set limits here, because in fact, anything that comes to mind can be used for packaging and decoration. The main thing is to correctly think over the composition, choose accessories so that everything looks organic. We offer you a list of basic materials that you can safely vary, supplement at your discretion.
- Paper. This is the leader in decorating gifts. Paper is preferably colored, most often bright, it looks good both as a simple option and corrugated. The paper is suitable for decorating square and rectangular objects, boxes, sets, books. Very often, a material with a touch of mother-of-pearl is used, which shimmers luxuriously and gives shine to the present.
- Film with holography and a grid of florists. They can wrap not only simple objects, the shape is unimportant here. You only need a ribbon for ties, which can be slightly curled with scissors.
- Textile. Here you can choose both spectacular material such as chiffon, silk, plush, as ll as laconic linen, felt. Burlap is very relevant, it can also be decorated minimalistically: with buttons, keys, shells. Or, on the contrary, add catchy elements: rhinestones, stones, beads. The fabric drapes perfectly, bows, plexuses of threads, knots, matting look great with it.
- Sling. Here, the scope for imagination is unlimited, satin and silk ribbons are tied into luxurious bows, cords with tassels and twine are also good.
- decorative elements. Use flors, branches, synthetic threads, stones, cones, small toys. The main thing is that the decor strictly corresponds to the overall style of the composition.
Before thinking over the ensemble, calculate the amount of material that you will need, it depends on the size of the gift.
In addition to materials, stock up on tape, including double-sided tape, scissors, a ruler, pencil, and glue.
You can beautifully and originally decorate a box with a gift for a birthday or other holiday with your own hands. Decor is important to choose the color and shape. As for the color scheme, there really are a lot of creative options here: bright shades, pastels, laconic tones. To make your packaging even more harmonious, consider the following recommendations:
- give up cold shades of snow-white, but white bows are a great choice, at the same time, the range of white is perfectly combined with others;
- yellow - a very cheerful color, perfect for a gift, combine it with purple, brown, greenery;
- shade of orange — very joyful, green, blue and red will suit him;
- red perfect for a small present, but a huge red box is not the best choice, combine it with warm palettes, gold and silver;
- pink suitable for a gift to a loved one, combined with jelry in shades of burgundy, purple, white, silver;
- green - universal color, suitable for any gift, compositions that combine different tones of greenery, gold, silver, gray look luxurious;
- blueas a rule, is focused on men’s gifts, looks good with gold, silver, yellow, snow-white;
- violet - a very mysterious and beautiful tone for packaging, looks great in tandem with pink, yellow, white, silver.
With these rules in mind, you can create not only expressive and unusual, but also very aesthetic packaging. We offer you several creative options for any holiday.
- New Year’s mail. Making a gift in the form of a parcel from Santa Claus means arranging a real holiday for both an adult and a child. Make sure that the package contains all the necessary details: stamps, stamps, white and red lacing.
- Travel lovers. The theme of wandering is very popular, but continues to be original. Here you can use non-standard materials: contour maps, atlases, political maps.
- Warm gift. Perfect for winter holidays. Here you can safely use improvised materials: an old scarf, an unnecessary sater. Be sure to add pompoms as decoration.
- Eco style. Craft paper, twine, fir cones or mimosa sprigs, depending on the mood of the holiday — that’s all you need to create an elegant arrangement.
- Red box. A piece of scarlet fabric and a sprig of decorative berries will allow you to arrange a gift effectively and unusually.
- Non-standard parts. Stitch paper, use stamps, cut out original details from paper, glue buttons — use your imagination, it will allow you to create a masterpiece from the simplest box.
It is interesting to decorate a gift without investing a lot of money in materials. As a rule, it is simple decorative elements that look most unusual, for example, in eco-style. It is enough to create a paper package, make a flor from a ribbon, or create a composition with a spruce branch and cinnamon sticks. You can effectively paste over with rhinestones or decorate the package. We offer you some of the easiest ways to decorate a gift, depending on its shape.
- Box. You can choose any one that is suitable in size, seal it with paper, add decorations from improvised materials. You can make a box yourself, giving it the shape of a heart, a flor, a chest, a box.
- Basket. A very effective choice. Use any basket that can be decorated according to your chosen style. Just put a present in it.
- Plastic box. Here you will have to call on the help of your talent as an artist or decoupage master.
- Packing bag. It is enough to buy any paper bag in a neutral color and decorate it based on your desires. The package is easy to make on your own, using cards, magazines, sheets of a musical staff as material. If the gift is intended for a man, form a shirt bag with a bow tie. You can simply add one decorative element to the package, which will somehow resonate with the interests of the gifted.
- Any packaging will be decorated with tags and labels with personal inscriptions, congratulations.
- Needleworkers can use their talent to create packaging. For example, knit a packing cloth, ave a decoration or a case from macrame.
Whatever package you choose, consider the content, especially if the gift is tiny or fragile. The filler will keep it intact and add showiness to the package itself. As a filling, you can use: glitter, confetti, dry grass, flor petals, paper wads.
And from the following video, you can learn some new and original gift wrapping ideas.