New Year is a magical holiday. This is a great opportunity to exchange gifts. The latter should be not only useful or cute, but also beautifully packaged. Today there are many opportunities to make a pretty present. It will turn out to pack a gift not only in the store, but also with your own hands. There are a lot of presentation options.
Varieties of packaging
You can pack a present for the New Year in various ways. In this case, different materials are used from paper to textiles. Let us consider in detail what types of festive packaging exist, and how they differ.
- Paper. Festive packaging made from materials such as crepe, cardboard or kraft are very popular today. These types of paper are often used to create various decorations.
- Textile. As for woven raw materials, burlap, silk, knitar, linen, and felt can be used to wrap New Year’s gifts. To build beautiful and neat woven packaging, you do not need to stock up on a lot of material. Often, one gift takes no more than one miniature piece of textile.
- Scarves, tols. Very cute and soft packaging for New Year’s gifts can be made from unnecessary scarves and tols. Moreover, the gift can be wrapped with a scarf, which serves as another additional gift after the package is opened.
- Old sater. If there are old and already unnecessary saters in the closet, then you can form cute gift wrappings from them.
- Classic Christmas decorations. Very often beautifully wrapped Christmas gifts are complemented by cute details in a traditional way. These include various Christmas decorations, pine branches, wreaths, cones or garlands. With the listed elements, gift wrapping begins to play with new colors and looks much more interesting.
- Ornamental decor. The use of such decor also makes the gift wrapping more original and attractive. Ornamental decorations include shining sparkles, flors, New Year’s figurines, buttons and sets.
- Other materials. It is quite possible to “dilute” the gift wrapping of a New Year’s present with other interesting details. For example, it can be colored ropes, charming bows, ribbons, twine and other similar additions.
- Pompoms. An unusual detail for wrapping a New Year’s gift is cute pompoms. They can be combined with colored threads or twine. Colored pompoms can decorate even simple paper bags.
There are many ways to beautifully wrap a New Year’s gift. Most of them are quite simple and understandable. It is quite possible to cope with the design of the presentation on your own, if you follow the simple instructions. Let’s consider some of them in more detail.
First, let’s look at one of the simplest methods for wrapping a New Year’s gift. In this case, you will need quality gift or kraft paper. Her leaf will need to very carefully wrap the prepared gift. Next, the package will need to be tied up with a decorative beautiful ribbon of spectacular colors. From above it is permissible to attach any addition. For example, it can be a mini-snowflake, a spruce branch or a ribbon bow. At the final stage, sprinkle the present with artificial snow.
Instead of snow, they usually use a sprinkle of confetti or sparkles.
If you want to arrange a New Year’s gift in a more original and non-trivial way, you should look at another way. Gift wrapping in the form of a large candy (she may be small) - a great idea to impress a girl or boy. Usually such bright and expressive gifts are given to children.
To pack a gift in this way, you will need to prepare the following necessary components:
- plain decorative paper;
- a couple of bright colorful ribbons.
And now will analyze in stages how to properly form such an original holiday packaging:
- the first step is to build a tube shape;
- then the ends of the paper should be tied with ribbons so that the package looks like a candy.
As you can see, this package is formed very simply and quickly. If desired, it can be made a little more interesting and brighter. To do this, it is permissible to stick artificial snow, small snowflakes, a New Year’s toy or confetti to the “candy”. Many people prefer to complement these wrappers with patterned designs.
If you want to pack a gift so that it looks elegant and expensive, you should refer to this method. For this you will need the following components:
- red gift paper;
- wide golden ribbon;
- translucent scarlet ribbon.
And now let’s take a closer look at how these components can be used to form a rich package for a New Year’s gift.
- First, the present should be wrapped in scarlet gift paper.
- Next comes the golden ribbon. She ties the present with a cross.
- A translucent scarlet ribbon is passed over the golden ribbon.
If everything is done correctly, the gift will turn out to be incredibly spectacular and expressive due to attractive packaging.
If you are preparing a cute New Year’s present for your girlfriend or mother, then you should follow a different instruction. First, prepare a number of necessary components, which include:
- round template;
- decorative ribbon.
Now let’s look at the step-by-step process of making such a charming holiday package.
- In order to properly pack the chosen present, you must first lay a piece of cardboard on the table and circle the template so that the image looks like a kind of dding rings.
- You should use a template whose parameters will match the gift.
- Next, carefully shifting the template, you need to divide the edges of the circles into 4 sectors. In the middle of each of the sketched circles, a rhombus should come out. Cut out the resulting rings, and then bend them inward.
- In the central part of such a blank, you will need to put the selected surprise. Next, you need to tie the resulting design with a ribbon.
- It is permissible to let in a little imagination and complement the present with spectacular shining sparkles, snowflakes or confetti — there are a lot of options for complementing the gift.
The next way to decorate a gift involves the use of special craft paper. In addition, it is desirable to have at least minimal drawing skills. The process will require the following components:
- thick kraft paper;
Consider the detailed progress of work on creating a beautiful holiday packaging.
- The first step is to draw on a piece of paper the correct drawing of the future packaging of the New Year’s present. The central part of the square shape should correspond to the width of the gift, and 4 petals to its height.
- On the marginal parts of the petals located on opposite sides, small oblong holes must be made. Be careful not to tear or crush the material.
- The next step is to take the tips of the other two petals, and then round them and slightly expand.
- A selected present (for example, a souvenir) must be carefully placed in the center. After that, the edges can be gently bent and just as gently stretched into the holes made before.
The result is a very beautiful and neat holiday packaging. Hover, it should be done carefully and carefully. No need to rush.
Fine gift packings turn out from textile materials. You can also work with them at home. Presents decorated in accordance with Japanese technology called “furoshiki” look very unusual and catchy. To follow this popular packaging method, stock up on a piece of very soft and lightight fabric. It is desirable that it be square.
As for the size of the woven segment — it should correspond to the size of the gift that you plan to give. Next, the present is gradually wrapped in prepared textiles and tied in a knot.
Cute New Year’s gifts look very unusual and interesting, wrapped in materials such as felt, burlap or denim. Thus, you can wrap a variety of presents. It can be both various souvenirs or all sorts of little things, as ll as set gifts.
A great solution for a New Year’s present is a boot. Packaging of this kind can be bought in many stores, it is also possible to build it on your own using fabric.
As decorations for such packaging, various elements in the New Year theme are suitable.
The child will definitely like the gift, packed in a rich color bag. The latter can be made from textiles, supplemented with small snowflakes, beads or miniature New Year’s toys.
Not bad idea — a simple red bag, similar to a bag in which Santa Claus delivers gifts. This package should be tied with a beautiful festive ribbon. It is possible to decorate a New Year’s gift with sets.
Often a simple transparent plastic box. It can be easily and quickly arranged in a New Year’s vein. In most cases, these containers are supplemented with small snowflakes, sparkles, artificial snow, confetti. It is permissible to cut out the symbol of the upcoming New Year, supplement it with spectacular decorations, and then put it on a gift box.
Such packaging will be very bright and interesting. In it, you can present gifts not only to a child, but also to friends.
If you want to make a beautiful gift wrapping for your beloved mother, young man or husband, then this popular method will come to your aid. You will need the following components for it:
- clean box;
- decorative paper in bright colors;
- wide transparent ribbon;
- a miniature figure made in the New Year’s vein;
- miniature stars or snowflakes;
Let us consider in detail how to create a gift package from the listed components.
- The selected box should fit the dimensions of the gift you are packing. You should pick up a box, wrap it with decorative beautiful paper. The edges will definitely need to be glued.
- Next, a not very narrow ribbon is taken. She needs to wrap the box, but not more than once.
- Tie the package at the top with a nice and neat bow.
- Glue beautiful luminous stars and small snowflakes on the free ends.
- From above, it will be necessary to attach a prepared small New Year’s toy to the bow. Most often, miniature angels, the Snow Maiden, a snowman or other similar heroes are taken for this.
Using the box, it will turn out to form another spectacular gift package. This will require the following components:
- clean and loose box;
- bright decorative paper;
- small toy;
- shiny ribbon;
Now will analyze step by step how to act in this case.
- To quickly and beautifully pack a New Year’s gift with your own hands, you need to prepare a box that meets the dimensions of the present.
- The next step is to wrap the gift in bright decorative paper.
- The edges of the paper must be carefully sealed.
- You will need to tie a pretty ribbon around the box.
- Next, from the motley cardboard, you will need to cut out a small piece of a square or rectangular shape.
- Decorate it on one side with shining stars or snowflakes. On the other side, write the name of the person for whom the New Year’s gift is intended.
- From above, the selected winter toy of small sizes should be attached to the box. For example, it can be a Snow Maiden, a Christmas tree, a snowman.
There is also a fairly easy, budget method for creating attractive packaging for a presentation. The following components will be required here:
- plain paper for packaging;
- rich and colorful decorative ribbons;
- miniature Christmas tree balls (it is desirable that their color matches the color of the ribbon);
- multi-colored gel pens.
Now will analyze the process of working on the creation of this package.
- Wrap the gift in paper. Then tie it nicely and neatly with ribbons. The ends of the ribbons can be arranged in the form of beautiful spirals.
- Fix the balls in the center.
- Then you can proceed to the stage of artistic design of the presentation. Take gel pens. They should paint paper in a festive theme.
If you want to make a New Year’s gift bright and expressive, then you can resort to another method. For this, the following components are useful:
- any dense textile;
- red or colored fabric designed to complement the bag;
- conspicuous saturated color ribbon.
This craft is made quite simply.
- First, sew a neat bag out of the selected fabric. To do this, you should take burlap (or other material of your choice), having measured the present, you should transfer all certain measurements to textiles.
- Next, you need to cut out rectangles with different sizes. There should be two. Sew them inside out. You can use both a needle and thread and a sewing machine — act as it suits you.
- Now you need to take the red fabric. From it form a pair of hearts. If you plan to give a gift to a loved one, they will need to be carefully sewn to the front of the bag.
- At the final stage, you should attach a colorful satin ribbon so that the present in the package is properly tightened.
Gift wrapping can be not only beautiful, but also funny. Children can also be involved in the creation of such products. To make cool gift wrappings, you will need the following components:
- kraft paper or another version of an even more saturated and colorful color;
- melange paper (you can take any other that seems more suitable to you);
- tape strips;
- regular pencil;
- chenille brown wire.
Next, will analyze the method of packaging formation from such components.
- First you need to make a cute bag with a deer face. It won’t take long. It will only be necessary to take kraft paper, then measure the selected present and then cut the material to the desired size.
- The paper will need to be folded almost in half. Leave a very small edge open. After that, it must be wrapped and secured with tape.
- Having cut out the details of the deer face from colored paper, they should be attached to the formed home-made bag.
- Using chenille wire, form the antlers for the deer. Next, attach them to the gift bag itself.
A gift presented in such an original package will surely surprise not only a child, but also an adult. This solution is very quick and easy. Even a small child can easily cope with this.
Pyramid-shaped gift wrappings look beautiful. To create them, you need to prepare:
- colored cardboard;
- satin ribbon to neatly tie the package together.
Let’s take a look at the packaging design.
- On a cardboard sheet, draw a schematic drawing in the form of a square. In the middle, several triangular parts should adjoin it.
- On the sides of the four triangles, draw convex arcs.
- Now cut out the resulting pattern. With the pointed part of a pen or other object, squeeze out the contours of the figures.
- Next, bend all 4 parts of the boxes.
- Place a present in the center and close the pyramid. In this case, the arcs on the sides of the triangles must be bent inside the package.
- The completed pyramid should be tied with a satin ribbon.
Beautiful ideas for decorating New Year’s gifts
Gifts for the New Year can be arranged in a variety of ways. Presents can be put in boxes or baskets, wrapped in transparent film, placed in small pyramids, and so on. Of course, such solutions in themselves look very interesting and attractive, but gift wrapping will look even more stylish and original if you complement its design with various decorations, for example, it can be:
- a small photograph of the person to whom the present was presented;
- decorating a gift with a spruce branch;
- miniature figurines of various fairy-tale characters, made in the New Year and winter themes;
- bows and beautiful drawings;
- cones of different sizes;
- small knitted details;
- vanilla sticks tied with red ribbon;
- small decorative snowflakes;
- spectacular decor in the form of a garland;
- buttons, beads or shiny stones;
- images cut and pasted on the packaging, for example, a symbol of the coming year;
- boxes decorated with dried fruits look unusual (for example, it can be dry lemon or orange rounds);
- a sprinkle of glitter, artificial hay or confetti.
New Year’s gifts can be decorated not only with red decorative paper. Packages of burgundy, blue, turquoise, purple, snow-white or brown colors look very beautiful and elegant. Small gift boxes wrapped in black or dark blue paper look stylish. So that such options do not look too gloomy, they can be supplemented with bright Christmas decorations, light ribbons or flors.
New Year’s gift bags can be very beautiful and delicate. Their colors can also be very different, as ll as the material of manufacture. Most often, bags are made of textiles, but paper copies are also found. Both of these can be easily done by hand.
Such packages look brighter and more interesting if they are complemented with contrasting New Year and winter patterns, embroidered animal faces, sewn on buttons, woven snowflakes, snowmen and other similar details. Tightened bags can be multi-colored ribbons or textile ropes.