Do you also think that bows and other rustling tinsel on a gift are more suitable for a girl? We hasten to please lovers and lovers of creative presentation design: men love an attentive and thoughtful choice of packaging for gifts no less than the fair sex. An interesting design can create an unexpected, funny or magnificent entourage around even the most serial souvenir.
Therefore, boldly go ahead — to study the science of beautiful gift wrapping for strong men.
A gift is good, and a beautifully wrapped gift is even better, because there is a mystery, intrigue, a desire to find out what is inside. If a woman will be delighted with a bow or just a pretty color of wrapping paper, then with men it is a little more difficult.
To beautifully pack a present for a representative of the strong half of humanity, you need to follow simple rules.
- Color. Gray is boring. Women’s coloring is too glamorous for a real “main”. Brown, blue, red, green are male colors. Two primary colors and one accent color are suitable for a formal gift. The base can be cherry, mother-of-pearl, champagne, beige or terracotta. For the boss, choose green and blue. White and black shades are used only together. A friend or beloved husband will be pleased with the juicy tones and interesting pattern of wrapping paper. Stick to the rule: bright packaging — plain decor, calm colors — a bright decoration.
- Gift wrapping should be neat and clear. Minimalism is what you need.
- Avoid too many ribbons and bows.
- pay attention to hobby, profession, age, social status of the gifted.
- Packing material.
- Wrapping or craft paper is a safe, budget-friendly, eco-friendly material with which many ideas can be realized. Twine, satin ribbons, figures made of wood or metal will serve as an excellent decor. You can use newspaper, supplemented with a colored ribbon.
- Textile. Wrap the gift itself or the gift box in silk, brocade or satin — and the original packaging is ready.
- Wrinkled paper. Due to the absence of ugly folds, anything non-rectangular will look great in such a package.
- Gift form.
- a box is better than a bundle;
- tall, not flat box;
- delicious gifts are given in baskets;
- packing volume.
- Appropriate decor.
- Flors. You can use artificial, live or dry. Berries, cones and leaves are also suitable.
- Candies. It is better to use oval or round (easy to mount).
- Small figurines. ?You can buy in a store or do it yourself from polymer clay.
- Satin ribbons (narrow or medium width). You can also tie a gift with a tie, suspenders or a bow tie.
- Bows. The main thing is not white, not very voluminous.
- Tags, buttons, coins, labels, pompoms, clothespins, stickers, brushes.
By age of birthday
Age is an important characteristic when choosing a package. Soft colors and high-quality packaging material will suit a serious man, and a young guy — an original design, complemented by funny drawings and congratulations.
Wrap a birthday present for a child in bright paper with a funny print and decorate with your favorite characters, balloons, cars. Interest and enthusiasm are guaranteed.
Does the man have a hobby? Decorate the gift themed.
- For music lovers, choose paper that has sheet music on it.
- Craft paper and a small toy car attached to a ribbon representing the road will delight the car enthusiast.
- A real traveler will appreciate packaging made from paper printed with sights or countries or from a world map (or you can use unnecessary atlases for children). As a decoration, you can add a figurine of an airplane.
- The sportsman will be pleased with the packaging in the form of a sports bag and paper with a print in the form of medals or cups, and the businessman will be pleased with the package-suitcase.
- A history lover will be interested in a craft package tied with twine and decorated with a red wax seal.
- An intelligent man will like a box-book. It can be wooden or cardboard.
How to present a small surprise for a man?
In order to interestingly pack a small gift, you can use:
- fabric bag;
- a box (of any shape) — this is the most popular type of packaging;
- matchbox in the form of a suitcase.
Original ideas for presenting a big gift
Big gift — big package. In this case, a giant box is needed as a decoration. To decorate such a presentation, use a huge cardboard box. Cover it with wrapping paper or other material, tie it with ribbon and decorate with a large bow. Instead of paper, you can simply stick applications or photographs on the box.
Hover, these are not all possible options — there are several more interesting ways to present a large gift in an original way.
- Containers and buckets. You certainly did not think about such a package.
- Wooden boxes. Stylish things for real men.
- Baskets. First, they contain a gift, and then you can use it in the household — the so-called double present.
- Car, motorcycle or bicycle can be hidden, throwing fabric, polysilk film or decorative paper on top.
We create with our own hands
- The easiest option is to glue a hat, glasses and a mustache or a tie and a bow tie onto a gift bag or the gift itself.
- With decorative paper, glue, and tape, you can make a package that looks like a shirt with real buttons, a T‑shirt, or even a vest and shirt.
- A gift packed in a men’s shirt or sater looks unusual. Put the shirt on the square box containing the gift, fasten the buttons, tuck the sleeves down and secure with pins.
- Pack a bottle of good alcohol in a sleeve from a sater or shirt, tie it with a beautiful rope.
- A gift in a bundle looks creative. This is the Japanese technique of furoshiki. A present is wrapped in a square cut of bright and strong fabric, and tied on top.
- Warm knitted package. Later, you can make a cute pillow on the sofa out of it. You can knit or use an old sater.
- Cover the box with canvas with large holes and embroider what the birthday person likes, or even wishes in the form of small drawings.
- Wrap the gift in a custom print fabric. This can be done with a stencil.
- You can embroider a congratulation or decor element on wrapping paper. It’s a good idea to use a sewing machine and sew up a gift in craft paper (the packaging can be in the shape of a star, a Christmas boot, a car, etc.).
- If you are good at drawing, you can color the package. Watercolor or gouache, concrete drawing or abstraction — it all depends on your creativity. Uniqueness guaranteed. Do not know how to draw, but the soul asks for creativity? Use stencils, stamps and seals.
- You can spice up a gift by decorating it with tags made from salt dough (yes, the dough that have been able to make since school days), or leaves, branches, cones (especially gold) painted with spray paint.
- Glue, loose glitter and double-sided tape — and you can create any design.
- The Celtic knot (with the romantic name “Heart”), made of woolen threads, will stylishly complement the gift. The main thing is that it is made by the hands of a beloved girl.
- Sackcloth. It seems strange, but with the right decor, it will make the right impression. In such packaging it is good to give a pet.
- A present packed in egg carriages or creatively designed glass jars looks super unusual.
Feel free to be nice and considerate. Individualism in everything and a special attitude has always been valued. And now it is especially fashionable even among young people.
Give a close man or boyfriend not just a worthwhile present, but your assessment of the uniqueness of a person’s personality and a sense of celebration.
A master class on gift wrapping for a man in the form of a shirt with a tie, see the following video.