Each of us, once a year, prepares with special trepidation for his birthday. At any age, it is nice to hear congratulations addressed to you, receive gifts and be the hero of the occasion. In different nations this significant day is celebrated according to different traditions, but the main unifying point is that the holiday is mostly held in the circle of relatives and close friends.
Features of the holiday
In our country, they solemnly began to celebrate their birthday in the 70s of the last century. Before that, the celebration of a name day (the day of remembrance of a saint whose name was given to a person at baptism) was more common.
The celebration consists of several points. You should start with the preparation of the place of celebration, the preparation of festive dishes. A cake must be present as a treat, perhaps even with candles. A festive table is served according to the wishes of the birthday girl. The invited guests are met by the hero of the occasion. It is customary to congratulate the hero of the day, to wish health, prosperity and all other blessings. An obligatory attribute of any birthday is the presentation of gifts, in some families there is a tradition of unpacking them in the presence of guests.
In our state, this is not common, but in America it is a fairly common and important part of the birthday celebration in every American family.
At the end of the holiday, it is a solemn tradition to bring in a cake with burning candles (the number of candles should be according to the age of the birthday person), all the guests sing the song “Happy Birthday to You”, the hero of the occasion makes a wish and blows out the candles in one breath. There is a belief that if you blow out all the candles at once, then your wish will come true. Guests are treated to a cake with tea, and then it is customary to go home.
Each person, celebrating a birthday, makes his own changes to the celebration. These nuances are very individual and depend on the wishes of the birthday person, family traditions and mood. And also these features depend on the traditions of the country. Let’s consider some of them.
- In Ireland, it is customary to turn the birthday child upside down and, holding the legs, gently lor the head to the floor as many times as it has turned years old, plus 1 time.
- In Mexico, in contrast to our tradition of blowing out candles, there is a custom of breaking a doll containing sets with a stick.
- In Korea, the birthday boy treats everyone with rice cakes: the more people taste the birthday cakes, the longer his life will be.
- In Japan, birthdays are not celebrated every year, only 3, 5 and 7 years. In addition, this is not a children’s holiday, but a celebration of the achievements of parents.
- The Chinese traditionally prepare long noodles for the festive table, which symbolizes longevity. During the meal, it is customary to chew it as long as possible.
- On the day of birth, the Danes fly the national flag, symbolizing that another year has passed.
- In Thailand, it is customary to release a bird from a cage, while making a wish that will surely come true.
- Vietnamese don’t celebrate birthdays. They have a “Holiday of New Years” — one holiday for the whole country.
- In Cuba, birthday celebrations are given special attention. They celebrate it noisily and cheerfully, they can invite casual acquaintances to the table.
- Jamaica, as always, is an original country. On the birthday of a person, it is customary to sprinkle with flour.
A thirty-year-old girl can choose any of these methods, or she can independently think over how to celebrate the holiday in her own style.
When planning the thirtieth birthday, first of all, you need to decide on the place where the event will be held. Now there are many options, and this point should be considered in detail. And also it is worth considering some nuances:
- the number of invited guests;
- age category of guests;
- material component (how much you are willing to spend);
- style in which you want to spend a holiday;
The celebration of the girl’s thirtieth birthday can be organized anywhere. And in a nightclub, and in the family circle, and on the beach. It all depends on the season and the ather forecast for that day. If the birthday is in winter, then it makes no sense to plan a holiday in the fresh air. Otherwise, when the birthday is in the summer, you should not be in a stuffy room, you want to breathe in the cool sea breeze. In spring and autumn, the choice of a place depends entirely on the forecast of meteorologists: on warm days you can get out for a barbecue, but on cool, rainy days it is better to be indoors.
Many girls prefer to celebrate their anniversary at home with loved ones. In this case, the cost of preparing for the holiday is reduced. You do not have to pay for the rent of the premises, for the music and for the attendants.
Everything happens in the close circle of the family. Certainly with their traditions and discussions of favorite topics. Vivid memories of close relatives about how pretty the birthday girl was born 30 years ago.
Great savings will be the uselessness of resorting to the services of a toastmaster, because in the company of close people these services are not needed. It is very nice and family-like to spend a birthday in such conditions.
Birthday parties at home can be held in any season and in any ather.
If a girl celebrates her thirtieth birthday in late spring, summer or early autumn, then it will be relevant to spend her birthday in nature. Fresh air is always helpful. A great idea to organize a holiday on the shore of a pond in the open air. Or go to the cottage. It’s great to hold such an event away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Invited guests must be warned that the celebration will take place in an open area so that they can ar suitable clothes and take with them all the necessary accessories.
In the cafe
In every city there are a lot of cafes and restaurants that will be happy to prepare everything for the celebration of the girl’s thirtieth birthday. This greatly simplifies the preparations for the birthday girl, saves her time. It is customary to order a cafe in advance, about two eks before the birthday. It is worth discussing the decoration of the hall and the festive table with the creative director, and the list of dishes and the number of guests with the head chef. Celebrating an anniversary in a cafe will cost a lot, but it will greatly simplify the task of preparation, and the birthday girl will have more time for herself.
Themed party options
Having decided to spend her birthday in a thematic style, the girl will show a high level of preparation for the holiday, which will leave vivid memories in her memory and the memory of the invited guests for many years to come. An unlimited variety of themes for such an evening allows you to choose what suits the spirit and character of the birthday girl. Most birthday girls have interesting ideas for the holiday, but if there is no time to do this, you can always turn to the services of a toastmaster. Describe your preferences and ideas to him. He organizes a fun holiday and will be the host of the event. This will enable the hero of the occasion to completely relax and get the most out of the birthday celebration.
We offer several options for themed parties to celebrate the anniversary of the girl.
- Hawaiian party are bright colors, cocktails in coconuts and dances in ethnic style. A lot of decorations and simple costumes, which are decorated with flors, will make this party incendiary. If desired, you can organize both in winter and in summer. In the warm season, a good option for organizing on the beach, in the cold season at home, in a rented restaurant or in a bathhouse.
- pirate Party is an evening of adventure in the style of Captain Jack Sparrow. You might think that this theme is more suitable for children, but it is not. This style makes it possible to come up with a plot scenario for the entire party. The search for treasures on the map will be accompanied by many competitions, laughter, logical thinking and agility of the participants. And besides, the original costumes of the guests diversify the surroundings, because it’s always fun to remember a little youthful childishness.
- Casino style party — this is a large number of gambling, expensive alcohol and sparkling crystal. Jazz music and adrenaline in the blood will not let the invited guests get bored.
- 1930s Chicago Mafia Retro Party - these are incredibly beautiful costumes and hairstyles, incendiary dances of mafiosi with their beautiful ladies. You can drink to America’s Prohibition from 1920 to 1933, compete in darts for accuracy and roll the dice while playing roulette.
- The oriental theme is fascinating. Belly dance in a tent with a rich entourage of gold, brass, the aroma of oriental sets and hookah will not leave anyone indifferent. The birthday girl will feel like an Arabian princess from the Thousand and One Nights fairy tales.
- Hollywood party — An ideal option for celebrating a girl’s thirtieth birthday. An expensive restaurant, chic outfits for guests, men’s tuxedos and clicking cameras will delight all guests. The sea of expensive champagne, the red carpet, playful nominations will give you the opportunity to break away from reality and get into the world of show business. It will take a little money, but the result is worth it.
Contests and games
Thinking through the whole organization of the anniversary, it is worth deciding whether you want to spend your birthday with humor. If yes, then you should prepare an entertainment program using various competitions, tasks and games. There are many options for games, both active and calm, which are held without getting up from the table.
A young birthday woman can come up with these entertainments herself, and in the absence of time, turn to a professional for help.
For example, here are a few contests and games that you can include in your script for celebrating your thirtieth birthday.
Let’s start with competitions.
- “Dress the lady.” Pairs of participants are chosen, which consist of a man and a woman. The female participants hold a skein of ribbon in their hands. Men should, without using their hands, take this ball of ribbon and tie it around the woman, giving the appearance of a dress. Who wrapped the lady more beautifully, that couple won.
- “Guess who drinks alcohol.” Both men and women can participate in this competition. A clear liquid is poured into the glasses. Participants use a straw to drink it with minimal expression of emotion. The task of the audience is to guess who had vodka in their glass and who had water.
- Contest “Maternity Hospital” requires the participants to display artistry. Couples participate: a man — a woman. The man seems to be standing under the windows of the maternity hospital and with gestures is trying to ask questions about the child to a woman who has just given birth. The windows in the maternity hospital are tightly closed, so you can only communicate with gestures. The woman also ansrs questions with gestures. The facilitator prepares questions in advance, it is very important to diversify them and make them unexpected for the participants. The winner is the couple who managed to make the guests laugh the best.
There are active and inactive games, will give a few examples.
- “Confession”. Cards are prepared in two different colors. Questions are written on dark-colored cards, ansrs are written on light-colored cards. The participants in the game take turns pulling out first a question card, and then an ansr to this question, voicing it out loud. The main point is that any ansr should fit any question. For example, a participant draws out the question “Do you like to enjoy food?”. Voices it, then pulls out the ansr “Only awake and in slippers” — and also voices it. A very funny and interesting game that is played without getting up from the table.
- Active games. You can, for example, jump on one leg a distance of 10 meters, holding a glass full of water in your hand. Whoever jumps to the end with the glass with the most liquid in it wins. You can also quickly walk the same distance with a book on your head, a glass of water in one hand, or using a broom with your other hand. It’ll be pretty funny.
Each invited guest for the anniversary wants to congratulate the birthday girl in a special way. For creative people, this is a simple task, but for those who do not allow fantasy to come up with something original, they turn to the Internet for help.
If the birthday girl is your friend, then you can give free rein to your fantasy and come up with something like that. For example, write congratulatory words on whatman paper and stick joint photos on it. At the same time, you can briefly describe a funny incident that happened to you — a second of memories never hurts. Or inflate the balloons with helium and attach a card with a description of what you love about your girlfriend to each ribbon of the balloon. The number of balls is equivalent to the number of cards with compliments.
Today, a very popular option for congratulating loved ones is a video greeting.
Parents usually congratulate their daughter with warm hugs and tender words. These are the most anticipated congratulations. Some moms and dads prepare more seriously for congratulations and, while the birthday girl is sleeping, quietly decorate the apartment. It turns out a real surprise in the morning. Parents can prepare a solemn speech and deliver it at the beginning of the meal at the table.
Beloved wife should certainly be congratulated first of all with gentle words of love and a bouquet. As for the gift, she will be delighted with a box with jelry.
Ideas for celebrating the thirtieth anniversary are endless. Consider the option of celebrating in a restaurant with close relatives and friends. Let’s write everything in order.
- You can decorate the hall with floral decorations and paper decor. It is better to choose a range of colors bright and joyful.
- Prepare a photo zone. Everyone is already bored with photographs against an incomprehensible background: they are all of the same type and uninteresting. Set up a place to take pictures. Stock up on a variety of hats, wigs, mustaches on sticks, and glasses. An incredible amount of sincere smiles in the photos is provided.
- Arrange a flash mob with red balloons inflated with helium. All invitees must bring helium balloons, and they will need to be released at the same time with best wishes for the birthday girl.
- As entertainment during the meal, you can arrange a win-win lottery. Ask everyone invited to write a greeting and their name on a card. Put all the cards in a small round vase, mix and pull out one by one, reading the contents of the congratulations. Give the writer a mini prize.
- A few music competitions will not let even the most desperate skeptics get bored. For example, gather a girls’ choir and a boys’ choir. Give them two different popular songs, some time to prepare, and let them sing along with the backing track. It’s going to be pretty fun.
- No happy birthday is complete without dancing. Gather two teams and arrange a dance battle to different songs.
- Time capsule with promises. In a bottle, for example, from champagne, you can put cards with birthday promises. Call her every ekend, help her once a month with cleaning the house — these can be the promises you made to the birthday girl and to each other.
- At the end of the evening, the birthday girl should take a selfie with each of the invited guests.
Birthday is a very joyful and bright holiday. It doesn’t matter where you spend it, in what style and with what scenario. The key to having fun is having loved ones nearby.