Children’s parties can be the brightest event for both children and adults who organize a holiday and participate in it. Moreover, now there may be more reasons to arrange such a celebration than immediately comes to mind. Not only because a birthday is a good reason to party. Celebrate the beginning or end of summer, the end of the swimming season, meet the holidays or spend them: there are really many reasons to arrange a holiday. And even more topics that will become its main idea.
As a rule, today children attend birthday parties every now and then, but their theme is rather predictable. It’s rare to find something original.
Therefore, to hold a holiday for children is also an opportunity to arrange a completely unpredictable party.
Pirate parties are not new, but of all the very popular theme parties, they are the most interesting, and it is almost impossible to get tired of such a hooligan theme. Both boys and girls love this theme.
What can be at a pirate party:
- design in a marine style with the attributes of a ship and marine romance;
- playlist of the most dashing pirate songs;
- beautiful photo zone;
- naughty contests;
- treats with a menu that will be entirely marine names;
- competition for the best themed costume.
You can completely repeat the style of “Pirates of the Caribbean”, you can make a mix inspired by books and films on this topic. Adults are usually happy to join such a party.
This topic is deeper than piracy. This is where design plays an important role. White and blue tones are present in everything.
Ideas for a sea party:
- quest “Secrets of the ocean”;
- jelry made of shells and blue-white satin ribbons;
- the main guest (possibly the host) is Neptune;
- seafood dishes;
- mermaid feast.
Such a party is great to hold at the beginning of the bathing season. Don’t forget about modern moments too: blogging, writing for TikTok, photoset with a report and the like.
If boys and girls of 8–10 years old are offered several themes for a party, most of them will immediately blurt out: “We choose a spy one.” The structure of such a holiday will definitely include a quest, during which all the guys will have to try themselves in the roles of either detectives or spies. They have to solve ciphers, look at strange traces under a magnifying glass, go through puzzles and other exciting intellectual tests.
There are many types of spy parties. It can be a retro holiday in the style of Arthur Conan Doyle’s heroes or something more modern, with superheroes and assistant gadgets.
At the end of the party, there is a mandatory prize for everyone, preferably a treasure that the young detectives will find.
And modern children also want to play cowboys, so parents can organize a mini-stern. The design here also decides a lot: if you review the film “The Man from the Boulevard des Capucines”, you can learn a lot of ideas.
The scenario can be built on the principle of rivalry beten two teams. Competitions can be made as follows: which team will dance country better, who will be the most accurate shooter (balls on banks), who will throw the lasso better, who will walk along the log (over the abyss) and others like that.
The beauty of this party is that it can be turned into a modern version of a masquerade ball. Each guest can dress up as one of the heroes of the Marvel Universe. The main action of the party will be a demonstration of the superpors of the guys.
What can superhero party contests include:
- find the most accurate;
- find someone who knows how to solve encryption better than others;
- determine the most dexterous;
- identify who will perform better in a pillow fight;
- find the best expert in the world of superheroes;
- to determine who will cope with the search task.
Of course, you can also make superheroes unite and find an ancient treasure or some important key. In this case, you can arrange a quest for them.
And although adults may be afraid of such topics, the children themselves will certainly be delighted. Although especially active parents can surprise the children by choosing the appropriate outfits and learning, for example, the famous Thriller dance from the hit of the same name by Michael Jackson.
Such a hooligan party requires an entourage in the theme: very scary sets, terrifying design, contests that tickle your nerves. To be disenchanted and become normal people again, all participants need to pass a series of tests. After passing them properly, access is given to the “reincarnation cocktail”, under which ordinary lemonade can be hidden. After that, the zombieland is declared disenchanted, and the heroes just have fun at the disco.
The theme of space has been attracting people for more than one century, and with the latest achievements of Elon Musk, it takes on a new relevance.
Space party is:
- unusual space food;
- the arrival of aliens to the holiday who want to test earthlings;
- quest for knowledge of elementary astronomy;
- learning a funny alien song;
- finding a new planet and coming up with a name for it;
- rocket modeling (the template and components are pre-made by adults);
- the launch of a Chinese lantern (as hello to Elon Musk’s companions).
At the end of the party, each child can receive a star ticket with an invitation to take part in a party on Mars in 2050.
If such topics are of interest to the child, you can arrange a military program. It can take place in the form of simple military exercises, or better — in the form of a covert operation. It is wonderful to spend such an evening on the street. You can link to this and the theme of orienteering.
Of course, it must be said during the program that it is necessary to fight for peace in non-aggressive and non-traumatic ways, and that this party is just a game that develops strength, ingenuity, physical data and other important and necessary skills.
Children’s holidays can be completely devoted to music. For example, when the school year has also ended at a music school, a child and his school friends can be pleased with such a themed party.
A violin-shaped cake, paper roses from music sheets, karaoke and learning some interesting dance are all highlights of a musical party.
And this is a fertile topic when entertainment needs to be combined with the study of something important. It is possible in this way to introduce children both to their own national culture and to the national culture of other peoples. The party assumes the presence of food inherent in a particular cuisine of the world, costumes, some stylized traditions and rituals.
For example, in the summer, you can organize a bright Hawaiian or Indian party for the children, an African-style summer festival. And you can also arrange a Brazilian carnival in the yard — the children will definitely be delighted with this.
A birthday or other holiday is held in the style of some ll-known favorite cartoon.
Most often these are cartoons:
- “Masha and the Bear”;
- “Smeshariki” and “Kids”;
- “Three cats”;
- “Bob the Builder” and others.
Set treats are obligatory, animators in costumes of the main characters of cartoons — too.
This party is perfect for the theme of the beginning of summer. This is a holiday with bright striped decorations that make everyone have fun. Usually such holidays are liked by preschoolers. By the way, you can associate the party with the theme of studying flors, their features.
It is possible that such a theme will be adopted by groups of children’s studios of fine arts.
Any violation of the rules makes the guys delight. Everyone comes to the hat party in incredible headdresses, to the cat party — with ears and tails, faces painted like cats, but to the pajama party — in the outfit that usually accompanies the guys only at night.
A pajama party plays with the theme of the holidays: you can not ar a school uniform, you can sleep a little longer, be lazy and have fun. The competition for the most unforgettable pajamas is a must. As ll as the mandatory condition for the presence of pajamas for adults.
Very often, on a child’s birthday, guests come in all sorts of things: some in ball gowns, others in shorts and T‑shirts. To remove this confusion, you need to announce the dress code in advance. And it will become the basis of the party.
The most democratic clothing is jeans. Therefore, you can immediately write in the invitation: come in jeans and a bright T‑shirt. Thus, all guests will be equal.
By the way, such ideas come to mind not only boys. Contests are invented right away: mint the ball, score a penalty, ansr questions on knowledge of football matters, and finally arrange a mini-match for 2 teams. It’s cool to coincide with such a holiday to coincide with the end of the football season in the country or the European or World Cup in football.
Adults who keep order at the party are required to ar whistles around their necks and keep cards in their pockets (for the abuse of sets or an insufficiently wide smile).
A variety of ethnic, probably the most beloved on this topic. The design itself is already impressive for the guys: what are only the crowns of feathers and war paint.
It will be a party with a sports component, because a real Indian must be dexterous, fast, skillful. But, of course, songs and dances are not forgotten at such a holiday.
All kinds of mustaches are in the theme of this holiday. Drawn, glued, cardboard mustache on a stick — whatever. But absolutely every party guest should have a mustache, gender and age do not matter. Usually this in itself is very funny and cheers everyone up.
You can invite a face painting master to the holiday, who will make sure that no one is left without a mustache.
Each guest should have a neon effect element in their appearance: a bracelet, a hoop, inserts on clothes. You can buy neon sticks or glowing balloons in advance.
Of course, such a party is held in the evening, when it is dark. Usually such a holiday is held for teenagers.
The theme of freelance artists is especially attractive to teenagers. Therefore, they will like the evening, where everyone can feel like just such a person.
A party plan might include:
- exhibition of creative works;
- body art;
- master classes;
- free mic.
And it is not necessary to be fond of fine arts to throw such a party. This is only a role, experience, an interesting form of friendly pastime.
This could be a blogging holiday for girls who are into writing beauty posts or want to learn how to do it. For older girls, this is a fun way to share experiences.
You can invite a professional make-up artist to the holiday, who will give the girls an express master class. You can dedicate a party to a certain era, the fashion of certain years.
Review of games and competitions
This collection contains 10 contests that are suitable for different party themes.
- Message for you. On a flat surface (a bench, for example) there are bright jars with numbers. There are as many jars as there are party members. Each participant pulls out a number from the hat, by which he understands which jar is intended for him. He goes to her, opens it, and there is a bundle with a message. In this message — a task corresponding to the theme of the party. There may be surprises in several jars. For example, just a candy with the inscription “Eat me” or a pop-up devil on a spring.
- Chamomile with tasks. Suitable for party heroes, no matter how old they are. If these are preschool children who cannot yet read, adults will help them read the task. Chamomile can be made large, full-length. Each child tears off his petal and completes the task. As a reward for completing it, he may be given another petal, colored. As a result, prize petals can be attached to the “plucked” chamomile and you get a semi-flor. As soon as it has formed, you can ask everyone to make a wish — it will certainly come true.
- Who am I? A hoop is put on the participant, to which a card with the word is attached. For example — “elephant”. This means that he is an elephant, and everyone knows this except him. Words cannot tell. Can be gestures or drawing. It can be drawn, but with one condition — with the left hand (for right-handed people) or with eyes closed.
- Happy sailing! This is not a competition, but a small and touching entertainment for children. If the party is taking place on the street where there is a pond or an inflatable pool, it will fit perfectly. The children must sit at the table. Each is given a pre-folded paper boat, they can write a name on it, decorate it with some symbols. But they will have to be sealed with transparent tape so that they do not get t. Or the guys themselves fold their boats out of durable colored paper under the guidance of an adult. Then they go to the reservoir and launch the boats into the water. At this point, you can make a wish. If it’s evening, you can place candlesticks with candles near the pond or hang a garland. By the way, this is a good end to the party.
- Magic suitcase. This is not necessarily a real suitcase, it can be a decorated box. The bottom line is that the guys must find it themselves (through a quest, for example). There are old letters in the box, signed by address. Each guest of the party — a letter. The guys open them and read messages from superheroes, cartoon characters and so on. The younger the children, the greater their delight will be.
- Find all the “yolks”. This task is suitable for both home and street parties. On the territory of the holiday, you need to hide the “yolks” — containers from kinder surprises. Inside these yellow things are parts of the message. The guys are told that there should be 10 of them, for example. They look for them, find them, bring them and put them in one designated place. Then they are given a limited time, for example, 5 minutes, to open all the “yolks” and put the sentences on the notes into one coherent text-message. It will be something on the theme of the party, summing up. If they succeed, the main victory is won. The prize can be real kinder surprises.
- Emoticons. In advance, you need to print large emoticons in the form of cards on paper. The team must quickly show the emoticon to the host in response to his remark. Show participants in turn. The host gives out various remarks related to the theme of the evening, mostly joking. The faster the competition passes, the more children make mistakes and show the wrong smiley, which causes general fun.
- Something is wrong here. If the party is outside, you can do the following: take toys and place them in illogical places. For example, put a rubber frog on a tree, put a teddy bear on a blanket to sunbathe, and put a Barbie doll in a mink. Young children will be happy to look for toys, then come up with more suitable places for them.
- Magic tree. If the party is outdoors, you can tie bright satin ribbons with small notes to a tree or bush. The notes contain magical questions that the guests of the party will not easily ansr. It can be encryption, attentiveness questions, various puzzles.
- Map in tinsel. If the party takes place in the format of a home quest, its finale may be the following. Children get to the box with paper tinsel. They shake out the contents on the floor and search the tinsel for map fragments. Found fragments they are in one piece. The map shows the apartment and the red dot in it is the place where the treasure is hidden (prizes for party participants).
Of course, there are many more contests, and many you can come up with on your own. Just as appetite comes with eating, contests are often conceived in the process of writing a party script.
A script is a structure, a detailed plan, according to which a holiday unfolds. It’s always easier to do something ll organized with it.
Here is an example of a basic scenario plan.
- Meeting with guests. You can give everyone who came to sign the rules of the evening. They should be funny: for example, address the cat as you, look at all strangers through a magnifying glass, choose a funny headdress for yourself (they will be offered).
- Warm up. It can be an incendiary zumba with an instructor (even online it is possible) or learning some viral song for the evening.
- Treat. You can come up with a menu with funny names for dishes, you can arrange a buffet table, a candy bar. Children will be happy to eat a salad in tartlets or pizza cut into pieces of an unusual shape.
- Competitive program. It must be clearly structured. All competitions are tests united by a common goal. With each competition, the guys are moving towards this goal, and this should be visible. Either they see a scoreboard, or the magical vessel fills up with crystals (once it’s full, they win), or something else.
- Relaxation. Competitions should alternate with time for communication and fun, but not so much that the children completely forget about the program. The rest time depends on the age of the children, their ability to be distracted and concentrate again.
- Overall victory. The party must have a climax. This is either a victory in the quest, or finding a treasure. At a birthday, this is often a takeaway cake.
- Reflection. It definitely needs to be done. This is a touching, lyrical moment of the evening, where the guys have to give a response to the events of the party. You can pass some magic ball in a circle and share your impressions with it, you can join hands and sing your favorite song. You can run a Chinese lantern with the guys.
- Prizes for everyone. Every child should leave the party with something. It can be original packaged sets or small prizes won in competitions or in the lottery. And, of course, each guest should have photos from the holiday after a while (it is also possible in electronic form).
Good ideas and successful implementation!