The long-awaited holiday of all children — birthday, is always associated with the expectation of a miracle, surprises. Caring parents prepare in advance for this exciting day and solve various issues related to its organization. What gift to choose for your beloved child is the main one among them.
Such gifts are prepared by parents who themselves have not yet forgotten how to feel like children. If you show imagination, you can prepare an original birthday present for a child. These gifts can be made with your own hands or ordered in a specialized salon.
- In photo salons now there is a service of printing photos on your favorite little thing. It can be a mug, a plate, a T‑shirt, a pillow and many other little things.
- You can also make a photo collage of the birthday boy yourself or order in the same photo studio. A collage can be made with a description of the main events in the child’s life or achievements if he is fond of sports or creativity. A collage with a calendar is suitable for getting to know the months for a little birthday boy or for planning the activities of a school-age child.
- Mount a colorful video from a photo or video of a child about him. Moreover, there are now a lot of programs for photo and video editing, as ll as training videos.
- Write a real book, where your birthday boy is the main character, and decorate it beautifully (possibly with his photographs).
- For many children, a photograph of his idol with a personal signature will be a memorable gift. Order such a photo via the Internet, and the gift is ready.
An interesting way of holding a holiday can also become an unusual and memorable birthday present for children. It can be quests, theme parties organized independently or with the invitation of animators. Going to the circus, aquarium, to the concert of your favorite artist will also be a pleasant surprise if the child has long dreamed about it.
When choosing expensive gifts, you should first focus on the age of the child.
For very young children, valuable gifts, such as electronic gadgets and robots, often do not make sense, as they are easy to break. Emotions, joy from a gift are important for a child. At the same time, the desire of adults to give something more substantial is understandable. In this case, some donors will first find out from their parents what, in addition to toys, the birthday person needs, and give the child some memorable surprise, and parents — money in an envelope.
A lucky surprise should be:
- bright and colorful;
- so that everyone can play with it together;
- carrying good meaning.
For example, a teddy bear with helium balloons, “which brings happiness.” The kids happily play with balloons, and the bear becomes the favorite toy of the little birthday boy.
Older children have their own interests and hobbies. And here, in order to guess with a gift, it is worth consulting with his parents: what he likes and what is suitable for his age. Perhaps the child is diligent and will patiently observe or carefully examine an expensive gift, or maybe he is a fidget and will instantly take it apart for parts. Here you can also find out from parents about their plans for a large purchase for the child’s birthday and make a present with them.
You can give money to older children when it is difficult to find out their preferences. Older students can already set goals and save for them. In this case, money can be a good gift for them.
Set Gift Ideas
Shop counters provide a huge selection of sets for every taste — figured chocolate and marmalade, cakes, sets, bars and their sets. You can also order original cakes depicting a wide variety of subjects: favorite characters of the child, his hobbies (football, music).
If you want to make a set gift with your own hands, then a pleasant surprise will be candy cake. To do this, use a foam base, glue it with corrugated paper, and attach chocolate bars and sets to it, securing them with a bright ribbon. From above, you can put curly marmalade or colored dragees.
In a similar way, only by changing the shape of the base, you can make set tank or car for a boy. The girls will love it a bouquet or castle of the princess from sets. A box for sets or a gift in the form of a heart or other shape can also be decorated “setly” — according to the same principle as a candy cake.
Another option for a set gift is gingerbread. Concocted at home on his own, he gives room for the imagination of his decoration. But to really surprise the birthday boy, it’s better to make a gingerbread house — such a gift will definitely be unique.
The easiest option for a set gift is to buy a suitable basket or decorative bucket and fill it with a variety of goodies and sets with surprises.
Choosing a souvenir for a child is also necessary in accordance with his age and needs.
Souvenirs for young children are personalized items, such as engraved dishes, embroidered clothes, photo frames, etc. Some of these items can actually be used by toddlers, but there are also those that are given as keepsakes and kept as heirlooms.
Older children will be interested in souvenirs of folk arts and crafts: nesting dolls, dolls, whistles, bells, pipes. A snow globe will enchant a child of any age. This gift will delight the birthday man for a long time and remind him of the celebration. It is possible that you will need a small version of such a balloon, for this case mini-balloons, also sold in sets, are suitable.
A wider choice of souvenirs for teenagers and teenagers: trinket-roulettes, personalized photo frames, lamps, nightlights, soft toys, including those with blankets or other surprises, all kinds of piggy banks.
Many of them can be made by hand.
How to original pack?
After the gift is chosen, it will be beautifully packaged. Packaging is in the form of baskets, boxes, gift bags and bags. The present can be wrapped in wrapping paper, placed in an inflated balloon, or use other options suggested by fantasy.
It is convenient to put small toys, sets of cosmetics, sets in the basket. They come in different sizes and styles: rectangular, round, oval, wooden and plastic, with and without handles. The basket chosen according to taste and size should be decorated with an elegant ribbon, flor or bow.
If you need to pack sets, small board games, a phone, then opt for a box. They come in the form of a house, shoes or sneakers, in the form of cartoon characters, animals and the like. You can buy them ready-made or make your own according to templates.
You can decorate a simple box with plastic rhinestones, ribbons, buttons, beads. Sometimes they are decorated with sets. On the finished package, you can attach some small toy, key chain using double-sided tape or ribbon. A bright ribbon in the form of a flor can become an independent decoration.
You can also attach a wish card or a musical card.
To pack a gift that does not fit in the box or is inconvenient to put there, It is recommended to use an elegant bag for packing. It can also be bought or sewn and decorated to your taste with appliqué or embroidery, attaching a gift tag.
The next packaging option is wrapping paper. It wraps gifts that are inconvenient to put in a box, and those that are already packed in a box, but require registration. Decorate such a gift with bright ribbons collected in flors or bows. A good option is to wrap an oblong gift in wrapping paper in the form of a candy.
For some small gifts or souvenirs, you can place a balloon, inflate it and decorate it beautifully. Another way to wrap a gift is to put helium balloons in a large box and tie a gift to them.
How to present?
Even more enjoyable than buying and preparing a gift is the moment of its delivery. After all, you can just give a prepared present, or you can arrange a whole performance.
An important point: during the presentation of a gift, it is necessary that at this time neither you nor the child are in a hurry.
Here are some delivery methods:
- hang a light object or put it next to the bed so that when you wake up in the morning, the child is already in for a surprise;
- attach a ribbon to the bed and stretch it around the house as a guide to the gift;
- having caught the moment when the birthday boy wakes up, give a present to his favorite music or to the sounds of flutes, optionally putting on funny caps or dressing up as fairy-tale characters, accompanying the congratulation with applause and good wishes;
- make a map with a cache where the gift is hidden, and arrange a search for it from contests;
- fill the closet with balloons and hide a gift there or offer to open a prepared box, from which helium balloons with a tied present will fly out;
- hide in a plush toy;
- leave at the doorstep and ring the doorbell and hide;
- hide the toy on the remote control so that it suddenly leaves a secret place carrying a gift.
Choosing, decorating and presenting a gift for your child’s birthday is a very pleasant and exciting chore. Treat them with interest, then both you and your birthday will be rewarded with a rainbow of positive emotions and memorable memories.
See the next video for interesting gift wrapping ideas.