New Year is a magical holiday in which people not only expect miracles, but also exchange gifts with dear and close people. And, of course, one of the main attributes of gifts are bright and original packaging.
Why do you need wrapping paper?
Any person will be pleased to receive a present that is beautifully packaged, and not hastily wrapped in a plastic bag. This suggests that the giver took the time to make the gift look interesting and beautiful, and not just ran to the nearest store an hour before the meeting. Wrapping paper can help out in a situation where the gift hidden in it is not very expensive or does not look festive in itself. Thanks to the packaging, the impression of the presentation will be much more vivid, and the souvenir itself will immediately look more presentable.
Christmas gift wrapping creates an immediate feeling of celebration. It will be more pleasant and interesting for any person to untie a bow on a box or open a bag in order to finally see his present than to receive it immediately in his hands. Thus, the effect of surprise and joyful anticipation is created.
Not only children, but also adults like to open gifts themselves. With the help of a New Year’s wrapper, you can distinguish your own gift from many others, make it more original and demonstrate a personal attitude towards the person to whom the present is intended.
If you approach the design creatively, then the gift will be remembered by a loved one for many years.
Choosing a material
Depending on whether the gift is large or small, whether it is for children or adults, There are several packaging options.
- Tin. Such material would be appropriate for storing sets and other edible gifts, including even homemade cakes. In addition, you can put tea, coffee and spices in a New Year’s tin box without fear that the material will smell or get t. Shops offer tin packages in the form of chests, caskets, suitcases, balls, Christmas figurines. This gift design looks expensive and spectacular.
- Textile. Fabric packaging looks at least original and interesting. In addition, it is safe, so you can put gifts for small children in it. The stores have the following types of textile packaging: bacweacks, bags, Christmas socks, bags. And the toy-packing is the best for children’s gifts. The fabric design option is universal and suitable for both small and large presentations.
- Cardboard. A fairly common packaging option due to the low price. This includes various gift bags, boxes, figurines in the form of Christmas trees or snowmen, chests. You can put almost any gift in a gift cardboard bag, except for especially heavy or fragile items.
Choose a style
Shops for the New Year are full of an abundance of various gift packages. In order not to get confused in this brilliant variety, it is worth highlighting several styles of gift paper.
- Classical. This option is universal, even homemade. This design style suggests the presence of red and green colors, symbolic for this holiday. A silk bow with bells or even toys is used as decorations. In this case, the paper itself should be plain, striped or checkered.
This style assumes the absence of foil.
- Luxurious. This style just allows for shiny packaging, felt paper with satin ribbons or beads. It is better to use a gold or silver shade of paper. As for the ribbons, they can be safely combined and combined in several colors in one gift. The main thing is not to overdo it.
- Glamorous. This design will appeal to the female sex more. The packaging suggests pastel colors, foil, beads and even a variety of shiny figures. This style looks unpretentious and somewhat playful.
- Natural. Gifts are wrapped in plain, non-glossy paper, instead of a bow, the package is tied with a special decorative rope, and all this is decorated with natural elements — for example, cones or branches of berries.
- Winter. The wrapper must be in white and blue, and it is decorated with snowflakes, snowmen, Christmas trees — everything that is associated with winter and the New Year. You can cut paper deer figurines or make snowflakes from beads. It all depends on imagination and creativity.
- Vintage. This style is very personal, so it is appropriate for decorating gifts for family members or close friends. Newspapers, old wallpapers, lace, fabrics will fit for packaging. This is where the ability to sew, knit, draw comes in handy — in other words, the packaging should be truly handmade, resemble a retro style and turn out to be original.
- Fabric. Who said holiday wrapping has to be made of paper? You can approach the design of the presentation from a different angle and use textile products. For example, wrap a gift in silk or flannel fabric, while the ribbons and bows should also be made of fabric.
The addition of various toys or eco-elements is also lcome. Such soft packaging will surely surprise and delight its owner.
How to make a gift bag?
If shopping bags and boxes do not inspire, then you can do scrapbooking and make a gift bag. In this way, on New Year’s Eve, you will be able to present a present like a real Santa Claus. This bag is perfect for set gifts. For manufacturing, you must have a sewing machine, jute thread, ruler, thread, pins, chalk, scissors, cotton fabric, needles and coarse calico.
Step-by-step instructions for making a textile bag look like this.
- First you need to decide on the size. For example, in order for the bag to turn out to be 24 x 23 centimeters, it is necessary that the cut fabric be of the following parameters: width — 26 centimeters, height — 57 centimeters.
- The fabric must be folded in half, while the front part should be inside. From the sides you need to pin on a pin.
- Then, using a sewing machine, a wide overlock stitch is made, and the seam is ironed.
- The thread in the final should be fixed in the form of a knot.
- After that, you need to bend a piece of fabric inside out, iron it ll, this is done to process the upper cut.
- Then the fabric needs to be bent by about 4.5 centimeters and again use the iron.
- The edges must be fixed with pins and stitched with a sewing machine.
- Another parallel to the original line is needed. The distance beten them can be any.
- Then the bag is turned inside out, the corners are aligned.
- A jute thread is threaded with a needle, and a bow is tied at the end.
So that the packaging does not look boring, you can add decorative elements here, for example, decorate the bag with beads, rhinestones, applications with snowmen, deer or snowflakes. It remains only to put a gift there!
Regardless of whether gift wrapping is bought in a store or handmade, in any case it will be a great addition to any surprise and will give a festive mood to loved ones.
See below for some more gift wrapping ideas.