Gifts for the New Year
Buying gifts for loved ones for the New Year is a very interesting and joyful activity, because giving gifts is much more pleasant than receiving them. Hover, this is a very difficult matter, especially when it comes to people whose taste preferences have not yet been studied by you. For example, if a woman who recently got married or recently met the groom’s parents has to independently purchase a gift for her father-in-law for the New Year, then she may encounter certain difficulties in this matter.
In order for the gift to be successful, and your relationship with a relative not to deteriorate after an unsuccessful presentation, when choosing it, you must take into account several valuable recommendations, which will be discussed later.
First of all, when choosing a gift for your father-in-law, you need to remember the reason for congratulations. Of course, a New Year’s gift should set you in a festive mood, please or maybe amaze. Therefore, you can first of all turn your attention to themed souvenirs, such as:
- Christmas ball — this is always an appropriate gift for the New Year, even for a person who is not very ll known, who is very often the father-in-law.
- Sater with holiday or winter print - a very good gift for both an elderly man and a young man. Everyone ars a similar thing (except for residents of tropical latitudes).
- Set for making mulled wine - a very original and necessary gift for a person who understands a lot about this drink. If your husband’s parents consider themselves fans of wine, you can safely present this cute little thing to them on New Year’s Eve.
- Basket of Christmas sets. Sets are loved not only by children, but also by adult men. In the end, this is a standard and almost win-win sign of attention, which is appropriate to show in any situation. If your father-in-law is an ardent opponent of glucose, then instead of sets, you can put meat and sausages in the basket.
- Hockey tickets (football, tennis, volleyball, etc.) – great solution. Ask your spouse what kind of sport his father is fond of. If he does not like sports at all, then give him a similar gift in accordance with his preferences (ticket to the theater, opera, exhibition, New Year’s event, etc.).
- Mug with the symbol of the New Year - Pretty cheap Christmas gift. This thing will never be superfluous in everyday life. But the main thing is to buy a mug in accordance with the tastes of your father-in-law, because by making such a seemingly unpretentious gift, you can go wrong with the choice and disappoint your spouse’s father, pretty spoiling your mood.
Before the New Year, very few of us do not experience a budget deficit, because need to properly “stock up” for the holiday, while buying a whole bunch of gifts for relatives and friends. Therefore, when purchasing a gift for my husband’s father, I would like to choose something useful, original, and, if possible, inexpensive. There are many such ideas.
- Book. Whatever you say, but this is really the best gift. If your father-in-law is an intellectual, then he will definitely be delighted with this gift.
- Convenient lunch box. This thing will definitely come in handy for your husband’s father, especially if he has not yet retired.
- Leather wallet. Practical, necessary and at the same time a status gift.
- Convenient diary or business card holder. For a business adult — that’s it.
- Car air freshener. If your father-in-law is a motorist, then he will definitely like this gift.
- trunk organizer. Again, a necessary thing that men for some reason do not buy for themselves.
- Scraper-glove for clearing snow. In our country, this thing is almost irreplaceable.
- Fishing equipment. If your father-in-law is a fisherman, then long after the New Year he will remember you with gratitude, because for many men fishing is a real passion.
- Smokehouse for fish. If your relative is a fisherman and lives outside the city, then such a gift will come in handy for him and his wife.
- Hunting knife. Again, if the father-in-law is an avid hunter, you can present him with something from hunting equipment.
- Belt, vest or slippers made of sheep’s wool. If your father-in-law does not like to be young and periodically suffers from back pain, then this present will surely please him very much. This will show him that you care about his health.
- A warm sater. A wonderful gift, you just need to ask your spouse what size clothes his father ars.
- Poker set. An avid gambler will be very flattered by such attention to his hobby.
- Exclusive checkers, chess or backgammon. For connoisseurs of the game, this will be a very valuable gift.
- A bottle of a good alcoholic drink in a festive package. This is probably the most popular gift that women give to male relatives. Making a choice in favor of this idea, you will never lose.
- A box of cigars or a pipe. It’s better not to save here.. A connoisseur will definitely distinguish a quality product from a cheap surrogate, and if the father-in-law is not satisfied with any characteristic of a cigar or pipe, then he can simply refuse to use them or simply re-gift your present to someone.
- Bath accessories. Nowadays, there is a wide range of products of this orientation.
- Sports trainer. If the father-in-law complains about his overight, then by presenting such a gift, you can help him get in shape and improve his health.
Important! The gift should still correspond to the preferences of the father-in-law as much as possible, otherwise the sign of your attention will be regarded by him as a forced formality.
As you know, everyone has their own taste, hover, a New Year’s present should be at least a little original and exclusive. You can involve children in creating an interesting gift, because a joint creative work improves the climate in the family and contributes to the generation of fresh ideas.
In addition, the father-in-law will be very pleased to know that almost his entire family was involved in preparing a gift for him. There are a lot of ideas for original gifts, from making your own stockbook with family photos or an unusual figurine (a symbol of the coming year) to a portrait of your father-in-law.
Another unusual idea for a New Year’s gift for a father: a pack of expensive tea and a mug that depicts grandchildren or mother-in-law. If you have minimal artistic skills, you can try to make an album yourself, which will mark the most significant events of the year. As a decor, you can use beautiful stickers, photographs or drawings.
Another original version of a gift for the New Year is a package from Santa Claus. Who said that he only brings gifts to children who have been ll behaved throughout the year? In the box you can put things that are not very expensive, but practical. First of all, they must stick to a specific topic, such as maintaining the immune system. Sample list of items: vitamin complex, fruit, scarf, warm socks, dumbbells, pool membership.
If you are short on money or you want to be original, besides you have a lot of free time, then you can try to make your father-in-law a gift for the New Year with your own hands. By the way, now handmade gifts are very popular. In addition, if your husband’s father is a althy man, then it will be quite difficult to impress him with something purchased in a store.
Homemade gifts for parents are a good option for young spouses who cannot spend a lot of money on buying an expensive gift. If you know how to knit ll, then you will be able to present a handmade sater or scarf to your father-in-law for the holiday.
Also an interesting idea for a homemade gift would be a homemade calendar for next year. Each page of this product can be decorated with photographs of children and grandchildren.
If your father-in-law lives alone, then a festive dinner prepared by the daughter-in-law will be a good gift for the New Year holiday. It doesn’t matter if he can cook his own food. The main thing is that in this way you can take care of your relative.
Joint gifts for father-in-law and mother-in-law
It is possible that you want to wish your husband’s parents a Happy New Year with a common gift. This will help you save money, after all, one gift is less than two. In addition, such a gift will help emphasize your attitude towards them as a single organism, and this can flatter them, especially those mother-in-law who are greedy for such gestures. A good choice might be some useful household item for example, an original night lamp, a coffee table with a beautiful carved pattern, a chest of drars in a retro style, a high-quality heater.
Also a good gift would be an expensive set of double bedding, a wide sheepskin blanket, down pillows, etc. If your spouse’s father and mother are lovers of outdoor recreation, then you will not go wrong with country utensils in the form of a gift. It can be a deck chair, barbecue, swing, hammock, flor bed decoration, etc.
For practical owners, a good gift would be a camera, a household appliance for the kitchen, for example, an air grill, a smokehouse, a yogurt maker, a bread maker, a retro-style floor lamp, a picture, a set of beautiful dishes.
For information on what else you can give your father-in-law for the New Year, see the next video.