Gifts for the New Year
On New Year’s Eve, the fuss begins associated with the purchase of gifts for relatives and friends. When they include teenagers, the task becomes more difficult. It’s easier to decide on a present for a girl. It is more difficult to make it for a boy, and if he is 13 years old, then the choice is even more problematic. A thirteen-year-old boy, due to psychological characteristics, remains the same immediate child, but at the same time he expects to be treated like an adult. His hobbies quickly replace each other, and it seems that, apart from mobile and computer games, he is generally not interested in anything. To understand what will bring him true joy is indeed difficult, but still possible.
New Year’s surprise from parents
Of course, the main components in the selection of a gift for the son will be his hobbies and the financial capabilities of the family.
The most popular among children, of course, are all kinds of gadgets.
- Smartphone. Most likely, this purchase will be planned, and presenting it as a gift for the New Year will certainly cause a lot of positive emotions! The mobile device market offers a huge range for every taste and budget. In an unobtrusive conversation, you can learn from the child himself about the brands preferred by the teenage environment, their characteristics, and decide which model is better to buy.
- Wireless headphones. Suitable for different purposes: listen to music, audiobook, watch movies, videos, play games.
- Fitness bracelet. Such a gift will be appreciated by boys who are not indifferent to sports. From all the variety you can choose quite inexpensive options. The best would be one that counts steps and calories. With it, you can control sports achievements.
- Computer accessories. Without it, it is already completely impossible to imagine the life of a modern teenager. You can please a thirteen-year-old teenager by simply giving him an original keyboard or computer mouse in an interesting design.
- External battery. Perhaps one of the most rational gifts. Teenagers spend a lot of time playing games or listening to music, so their smartphones tend to run out quickly, and the ability to connect to a por source is not always available. A portable charger will be a lifesaver. In addition, if trips are planned somewhere, no matter with parents, relatives or even with a class, then it will definitely come in handy.
- USB flash drive. This is also from the category of useful presentations. The student will need it when preparing and doing homework, because often they need to be provided in electronic form. A flash drive in an interesting and fashionable design will delight any teenager!
No one knows their child better than parents. And gifts chosen on the basis of the son’s hobbies will be the most desirable.
Ideas for boys who are passionate about sports:
- skis, snowboard, skates — a great option for a son who loves winter activities;
- sneakers or sneakers — they certainly won’t be superfluous for an athlete, the main thing is not to make a mistake with the size;
- subscription to the pool — will please a lover of swimming, give a charge of vivacity and energy;
- Sports Equipment (exercise bike, treadmill) — will allow you to exercise at home;
- tickets for two to the game of your favorite team - a good opportunity to watch the game of idols with a friend, brother or dad;
- punching bag and gloves — will help in emotional release, which sometimes is simply necessary for a teenager, and will help to improve the accuracy and speed of strikes.
For creative individuals, there are many options.
- Modeling kits. If a child likes to make something with his hands, then you can give prefabricated models of ships, tanks, aircraft. Their arsenal for sale is quite large, it is important to know which of them the son shows the greatest interest in.
- Wood burning kits. Promote the disclosure of creativity, imagination and artistic skills. In addition, they develop perseverance and accustom to painstaking work.
- Musical instrument. A good choice if the boy has musical ability. At the age of 13, there is often an interest in the guitar, the synthesizer. In addition, almost everyone can learn to play them. Learning courses on playing a particular instrument can be a great gift for a creative teenager.
If the son constantly talks about the desire to have a particular pet and is ready, indeed, not only to play with him, but also to take care of him, then the New Year is an excellent occasion to fulfill his dream!
Taking care of your beloved pet will develop responsibility in it and distract from computer pastime.
Of course, parents always try to choose the present that is sure to come in handy. in future.
- clothing. At this age, there is a desire to look no worse than others, and to impress peers. Fashionable jeans, a bright satshirt, a stylish shirt, a printed T‑shirt will come in handy.
- Travel accessories. A thermos, a thermal mug, a compass, a bacweack, a tent will delight a teenager who is fond of outdoor activities and tourism.
- Items for the interior of the room. A wall clock with a child’s name, a decorative lamp, an original piggy bank, themed bed linen reflecting teenage preferences will also give pleasure.
- Gift Certificate. If parents find it difficult to choose a specific gift or are afraid to make a mistake with the choice of any model, then giving a certificate would be the best option. In addition, such a gift saves time. In search of a gift that will not disappoint, it may take more than one ek, but only its area will be determined. The child himself will choose what he personally wants, and will be satisfied.
Presents from peers
Not only parents and close relatives are thinking about what kind of surprise to present to a 13-year-old boy, friends are also pondering ideas.
Teenage friendship is strong, and you want to please your best friend with a sign of attention. At the same time, it should be understood that a New Year’s gift is not a birthday present when friends are invited to a celebration, therefore it is much cheaper and is symbolic in nature to make it clear that friendships are important and pleasant.
Friends can exchange pleasant little things, such as:
- notebook and pen – will always be needed in school life;
- flashlight — there will always be situations when it will be necessary, especially useful if a friend returns from training or extra classes in the dark;
- trinket - a fairly budget option, but you can choose one that will reflect the hobbies or dreams of a friend;
- magnetic bookmarks — thanks to them, a friend will always quickly open the desired page of a textbook or a book being read;
- chocolate - a wonderful gift for any holiday, and even more so for the New Year;
- desktop organizer — help a friend maintain order on the desktop;
- board game - will allow you to have fun and usefully spend your free time, including in the company of friends;
- puzzle toy — will give an opportunity to practice in quick wits and non-standard thinking;
- book – will be a great gift if a friend loves to read.
From a friend
At the age of thirteen, sympathy for the opposite sex is already beginning to appear. Girls also have desires in presenting a gift to a guy they like. The principle of its selection is the same as a gift for a friend, but with a slight hint of romance:
- calendar for the coming year with a joint photo or with a photo of the entire friendly company — it will decorate the interior, help plan time and give warm memories of the captured moment;
- Cup with a print — a universal gift, and the inscription or drawing on it will help emphasize the individuality of the person being presented, his plans or interests;
- antistress toy in the New Year theme — will help relieve the accumulated tension;
- souvenir the symbol of the year is a nice little thing that simply expresses attention;
- predictor ball toy - will not let you get bored and will help you experiment in a comic form of fortune-telling;
- Frame - a classic, sought-after gift;
- souvenir candle — Adds the perfect finishing touch to a room, filling it with fragrance and light.
It turns out that there are a lot of options for choosing useful and original gifts for a thirteen-year-old teenager. You just need to understand his interests, tastes and desires.
And it doesn’t matter at all how expensive or cheap the New Year’s gift will be, the main thing is that it be presented with love and warmth.
For information on what to give for the new year to children, see the next video.