Gifts for children
Girls at the age of 14 are very contradictory: they rarely know what they want and practically do not have unshakable attitudes about their own place in this world. These are no longer children, but not yet adults, and therefore choosing a gift for such a person is a troublesome and responsible business.
14 years is adolescence with all the ensuing consequences. And in each case, the pubertal period proceeds with individual characteristics. But almost all girls at this age tend to dramatically, sometimes rapidly change their own views, beliefs, hobbies. The young lady begins to pay more attention to her appearance, she wants to please the opposite sex and this is a completely normal situation. So the girl grows up psychologically, turns into a girl.
Girls at this age are easily offended, they can be offended even by a word thrown carelessly, by a look and an inappropriate gift too. They are suspicious, critical of their own appearance and at the same time they are great romantics in their souls, dreamers and dreamers.
All this must be taken into account when choosing a gift for a young lady of 14 years old.
It should also be remembered that the girl is still looking for herself, every day she mentally tries on different images, professions, life path, beliefs She doesn’t have her own formed ones yet. But she may have very specific wishes, for example, often at this age, girls dream of a big tattoo in their entire arm or back, of pink hair, like an anime heroine. That’s why it’s worth asking the opinion of a teenager about a possible gift, but you definitely don’t need to rush to fulfill all the wishes of a fourteen-year-old beauty.
When choosing a gift from adults, a share of prudence will be required, but you should not give a child something that you like and obviously do not like the hero of the occasion. Look for compromise options.
For a young person at a specified age, it practically does not matter from whom she receives the desired gift, since ideas about what is decent and what is not have not yet settled in a beautiful young head. This factor must be taken into account by the donor himself.
Give a girl a present which will exactly match the degree of intimacy of your relationship. A strange gift would be beautiful panties from a distant relative who last saw the girl at a toddler age, but the same panties as a gift from her mother would be quite appropriate and pleasant for the girl.
To get off with an on-duty book with fashion tips for teenagers or a soft toy is the lot of the ak and indifferent. If the hero of the occasion is dear to you, approach the choice of a gift for her based on her character, interests, hobbies, wishes, but subject to the principles of reasonableness and decency.
And before you start choosing, check out the list of what you don’t need to donate.
- Slippers, pajamas, bathrobes — are talking about the most common products of this kind, but the kigurumi costumes that are fashionable today, which teenage girls use both as home clothes and as warm winter pajamas, may be quite appropriate if a girl dreams of such an image.
- Any present, which are called upon in one way or another to correct the shortcomings in the appearance of a young person (girls at the age of 14 are already painfully sensitive to their shortcomings). Therefore, a book on how to lose ight in three days, how to turn from an ugly duckling into a swan in a ek, as ll as sets of cosmetics to fight acne will only offend the girl. The exception is anti-acne cosmetics and skin care products, presented, for example, by mom or grandmother.
- Gifts designed to correct the character and inclinations of the child. We are talking about encyclopedic and scientific publications that some parents present to their children who do not want to study ll in the hope that books, stationery and other attributes of excellent students “will make a real person out of their daughter.” They won’t, but will only cause confusion and disappointment.
The exception is when a girl is really interested in science and wants to receive a reference book or an encyclopedia as a gift.
Top Useful Gifts
When thinking about a gift for a young fourteen-year-old person who is someone to you, for example, a daughter, girlfriend, sister, you can go into such impenetrable jungle that it will be difficult to figure out what a teenager needs and what you want to present to him. The gift should be pleasant, desired and in demand, useful for the girl. We present some of the most common options that are chosen on the fourteenth anniversary (birthday), on the New Year and Women’s Day for persons of the indicated age.
- Gadgets. Gifts that fall into this category are considered the most desirable among teenagers. If you specify the names, then most often teenage girls want to get a new smartphone, tablet computer, laptop or netbook, e‑book, smart watch with a built-in calorie counter, steps, as ll as the ability to access the Internet and send messages. Whatever the older generation’s attitude to gadgets in the family, this is a win-win gift option. In addition, the benefits of gadgets with their moderate use cannot be denied: they can store and use electronic textbooks, programs for preparing for exams.
- Accessories for gadgets. It is quite appropriate to accept such gifts from both friends and classmates, especially since they are not so expensive and you can find quite budgetary and affordable options for any special occasion. Such presentations include a selfie stick, a fashionable case for a phone or tablet, a stand for gadgets, headphones (wireless devices are especially popular today).
- Cash. A great gift option if by the day of the celebration there was not a single worthwhile present idea or the girl is not your close relative. Girls at this age are very fond of buying something themselves, usually saving up for something, and the donated money will be very useful to them. It is only important to understand that putting a folded bill into a fist with words of congratulations to a birthday girl or the hero of another celebration is a bad form. Present a piggy bank with a down payment in it, or put the banknotes in a beautiful envelope or make a bouquet out of them, inflate a balloon, inside of which I will keep the donated banknotes neatly folded and tied with thin ribbons.
- Interior things - oddly enough, but girls at the age of 14, and women at the age of 50 are very fond of things for decorating the interior. A gift will come in handy especially if the girl has her own separate room. You can present, having previously asked what style the room is furnished in, a stylish suitable table lamp, separate comfortable sofa cushions, a fluffy and soft blanket, high-quality large posters depicting her favorite artist, musician, athlete. For any interior, a stylish and useful night light is suitable, which projects the starry sky onto the walls and ceiling, as ll as an unusual alarm clock, which, for example, needs to be caught or shot with a laser gun to silence it at the appointed time.
- Toys - the girl has grown up and the Winx dolls will no longer suit her, although they used to cause wild delight. Now toys should be completely different. Usually, at the age of 14, girls really appreciate anti-stress toys, for example, a soft toy warmer in bed, a spinner, an interactive ball of magic predictions, a perplexus ball, and other puzzles. At leisure, many girls take great pleasure in collecting puzzles and this is not unusual. Among board games, give preference to Mafia and Monopoly, and among games for a large company, you should pay attention to Twister.
- Book It’s better if it’s electronic. Her girlfriend will be able to fill with works of her own taste. But if a girl prefers paper books, then it is best to give her a certificate to a large book retail chain, in which she herself, within the framework of a paid certificate, will be able to choose those books that she is really interested in.
- Gift certificates - this is, in general, a variant of a cash gift, but with a deferred perspective and purpose. If a girl dreams of going to a beauty salon, why not give her a certificate there — let her feel like an adult by doing a manicure and hairdo in a real beauty salon. A pet lover can present a certificate to a pet store, and a lover of sports and an active lifestyle — to a sporting goods store.
Set sets also belong to useful and universal gifts. Today it is possible to order a personalized chocolate set with personal wishes on each candy.
Girls love flors, jelry, perfume (if you know exactly what fragrance a young fashionista prefers).
We take into account interests
If the sphere of interests of the young princess is known, it is better to choose a themed gift that she can use in her favorite business. A thematic gift according to interests should not be too expensive, because the interests themselves at this age change often, but it must be necessary. Here are some gift ideas by interest.
- A girl who is fond of cooking, cooking — a cookbook with bright illustrations and step-by-step recipes, an original kitchen apron with an unusual pattern, a set of silicone molds for baking muffins, cupcakes or curly lollipops, a set of food colors and decor for cookies and cakes that the girl will bake with her own hands.
- To a young lady who loves needlework, kits for creativity are suitable, for example, paintings with a set of threads for cross-stitching and satin stitch, silk, sequins; kits for knitting, kits for self-sewing soft toys, kits for aving from beads, creating stained glass windows, making fridge magnets, soaps and so on — there are a great many options.
- A girl with musical abilities and a desire to sing, play musical instruments, you can present a karaoke microphone, a synthesizer (including a mini version), a musical instrument (violin, flute, guitar, etc.). Teenagers attending music schools will be pleased if you present a set of music books, as ll as a certificate to a music store, where the child will choose exactly what he needs, for example, the required size of a replacement saxophone reed.
- A girl who loves to dance, a pair of shoes that she can dance in or a certificate to a sporting goods store where you can choose such shoes will benefit. You can present a tracksuit or T‑shirts, tops, and a young dancer will be happy with a comfortable and reliable hair clip, which, as you know, interfere with training and performances. You can give a ticket to the performance of your favorite dance group, as ll as an interactive dance mat that will help the girl to have fun warming up at home and having dance battles with friends and girlfriends, since some models of dance mats have the possibility of a competition beten two dancers.
- A girl who is fond of drawing, photography, you can give everything that is necessary for a young artist. A real camera is an expensive gift, but sometimes parents and relatives join together financial efforts to fulfill their daughter’s cherished dream.
- Collector Girl She will definitely be happy with a new exhibit in her collection, whether it be porcelain elephants, plush crocodiles or postcards with views of Paris.
- Girls who like fitness and sports they will be happy if they receive something as a gift that will benefit them in this matter — running shoes, a new tracksuit, dumbbells, skis, skates, or even a home exercise bike. You can present the girl with a certificate for visiting the gym, swimming pool, fitness group for teenagers. Most likely, the girl will be happy with the new bike, skateboard, gyro scooter, roller skates and a set of protection for riding them.
- Girls who love natural sciences, experiments, you can present an electron microscope with a set of biosamples and the possibility of preparing your own, a telescope for studying celestial bodies, a set of “Young Chemist” or “Young Physicist”.
Ideas for fashionistas
Choosing clothes or accessories for a teenager is a very difficult task, because fashion does not stand still, moreover, a particular girl may have individual preferences. We can say with confidence that a girl will not refuse a fashion item, as ll as an amusing accessory, for example, an umbrella with a print, a handbag or a bacweack, a scarf or sunglasses, but she still has to choose such things herself. Therefore, it would be better to give her a shopping trip to the store with a predetermined amount, within which she can choose the things she likes.
With jelry, everything is somewhat simpler — it is difficult to find a girl who would not be happy with beautiful earrings or a ring, but you should not give too expensive jelry, because at this age children are very mobile and absent-minded, expensive jelry can break, get lost. It is better to choose jelry that will exactly match the style of the fashionista.
It is important to remember that massive, heavy jelry is not suitable for a teenager; it is better to give preference to thin, elegant bracelets, chains and earrings.
Cosmetics are also one of the gifts desired by teenagers. Many girls at the age of 14 are already starting to use decorative cosmetics, but without an accurate knowledge of the preferences of a young beauty, you should not choose her shadows, lipstick and mascara. It is better to give preference to cosmetics for adolescents, avoiding a direct hint of acne and other “charms” of puberty.
Almost any girl will be happy with the presented hair dryer, curling iron, ironing. But such gifts are best presented in a set with thermal protection products for hair, as ll as with clear recommendations that frequent thermal exposure destroys hair.
Also, a teenager at the age of 14 can be presented with his own manicure set.
If the budget is limited
If your gift budget is tight, don’t worry—even inexpensive gifts can be amazing, especially if they’re handmade. You can bake a girl a box of fortune cookies, sew or knit a very interesting phone case, you can give a hand-made box for various girlish secrets and little things. Bouquets made of chocolates and wrapping paper, homemade hairpins made of beads, leather look very interesting and solemn; bracelets, headbands, lovingly decorated with your skillful hands.
Of the inexpensive gifts, you should pay attention to a personalized mug from which a girl can drink tea or cocoa in the morning, as ll as a “smart” keychain that responds with a whistle to a prearranged signal and allows its hostess to quickly find a bunch of keys where this keychain is attached.
In the next video you will find examples of gifts for a girl for 14 years.