Gifts for children
Boys at 8–9 years old have already left the kindergarten age, but have not yet become teenagers. Active, impulsive, emotional, they have already begun to realize themselves and look for their place in this world. “Adult” judgments of young men are replaced by purely childish actions. At this age, boys begin to value friendship and peer attention more. Consider what can be given to boys of this age so that the gift becomes truly dear to them.
What should be considered when choosing?
Like all children, boys of primary school age are looking forward to one of the most joyful children’s holidays of the year — their birthday. Friends and family come to visit, giving fun and gifts to the birthday man. On the eve of the holiday, relatives face the task of choosing a gift that will be useful and at the same time please the boy.
When choosing a gift for a birthday, you need to take into account the characteristics of the age, character and interests of the birthday person. A boy at the age of 8 is characterized by curiosity, the spirit of a pioneer burns in him, who will not calm down for a long time — neither at 9, nor at 10 years old. Childish destructiveness gives way to thoughtful knowledge of the environment, as It is easier for a 9‑year-old boy to sit in one place and use different tools.
Now a lot is available to a young researcher, because the number and size of details does not matter compared to preschool age.
By the age of 8–9, the guys already know how to take care of things and handle them carefully. Often at this age, boys begin to collect items of interest to them, which can become the basis of a collection that is replenished throughout their later lives. Children begin to be interested in literature that can ansr emerging questions, books that describe the exciting adventures of famous heroes Daniel Defoe or Robert Stevenson.
The activity characteristic of boys of this age leads to a passion for sports, where responsibility, perseverance and the ability to work in a team are important. This is of great importance, since at this time friends begin to come to the fore in a child’s life. Excess energy does not allow the guys to sit in one place for a long time, so outdoor games with friends in the fresh air are essential for a future football player, hockey player or other athlete, even if he remains an amateur.
But no matter how serious interests a junior schoolchild has, he still remains a child, therefore toys still occupy a significant place in his life, giving scope for imagination.
With the help of toys, the boy tries on various roles, gets used to the created images and conquers the world.
Best gift ideas for son
The most difficult gift choice is for parents. Everyone wants the thing to bring maximum benefit and at the same time be interesting to the child. Therefore, when choosing a gift, you need to consider that the item will be actively used. You should not buy a thing that then needs to be kept on the shelf because of its price or fragility. Besides, due to the peculiarity of age, it will be better if they give something material that can be touched, turned on, assembled, disassembled, made.
Even if parents give the child the opportunity to go to Disneyland, here and now it is worth giving some thing as a gift in the application for tickets.
Now it is difficult to imagine those people and schoolchildren, including those who do not use various gadgets, and for boys at the age of 8–9, the time when there re no cell phones seems to be ancient history. If the child does not yet have his own phone or he has a very simple model, then he will be pleased with the new means of communication. You should not give a model that is too functional, since he will not be able to use most of the available applications, and an expensive thing will cause unnecessary emotions among others.
And also it should be remembered that children often lose or break things, regardless of their desire and the cost of the item.
In addition to the phone, the boy will be interested in the list of the following gadgets:
- game console with two gamepads and a set of games so you can play with friends;
- a portable game console that is always at hand;
- a simple digital camera that will provide an opportunity to open the wonderful world of photography;
- smart watches with which the child can always contact his parents, and they can track his whereabouts;
- netbook or tablet with downloaded tutorials;
- MP3 player with recordings of your favorite artists.
The development of technology is progressing by leaps and bounds, it has not bypassed children’s toys. Boys at this age are quite capable manage electronic models.
- Quadcopters, helicopters, airplanes with remote control, rising into the air, will surely please not only the child, but also the older generation.
How many happy hours father and son can spend together, launching an entertaining toy.
- RC boat it will be a lcome gift if there is a reservoir near the place of residence.
- Cars, motorcycles, robots and other models with electronic filling are suitable both for playing for one child and for friendly competitions.
A boy who is fond of sports can be given a sports equipment that suits his interests and a uniform:
- a football player — a soccer ball, boots or T‑shirts;
- a hockey player — a stick, a puck and protective devices;
- the boxer will enjoy new gloves and a pear for training at home;
- kimono and protection for hands and feet are suitable for karateka.
The options are plentiful, as are the sports that boys can play at eight and nine. Of course, the future champion will like the new bag for sports equipment and clothing.
Rollers, a scooter, a bicycle, a skateboard with a helmet, knee pads and elbow pads, special gloves for protecting hands will appeal to any boy. An interesting gift will be sliding-roller sneakers with luminous soles.
Badminton or table tennis sets will help organize outdoor games in summer and winter.
Easel, paints, brush sets waiting for young artists. A device for burning combines work with wood and drawing, and devices for chasing — drawing and metal.
Future musicians and composers will be pleased musical instruments, microphone for karaoke.
Aspiring sculptors will be able to create their first works of art using kits for modeling from plasticine, plaster or plastic.
Sets of a young chemist, physicist, naturalist will help satisfy the thirst for research. The options here are different:
- you can grow a single crystal or druse;
- conduct an experiment or experiment;
- collect the first electrical circuits;
- observe the life of insects.
The boy will be interested in the opportunity to see the macro- and microcosm, using telescope or microscope. At the age of eight, interest in the stars is only gaining strength, support him by giving the boy home planetarium.
Checkers and chessThey develop logical thinking, so they should also be given to a child, suddenly the second Kasparov wakes up in him. Logic puzzles also include different versions of the Rubik’s Cube, 3D puzzles, rebuses.
A useful gift in addition to development kits are encyclopedias. Large, interesting and colorfully designed books with large pictures and stories about everything that a child may be curious about, in an accessible form for his understanding, will help parents in ansring questions that arise.
And, of course, there will always be toys.
- Weapons modern, ancient and fantastic: pistols, machine guns, blasters, bow and arrows, crossbow, Jedi lightsaber and other types.
- Policeman’s set with a badge, handcuffs and a pistol in a holster.
- Detective Pack with binoculars, headphones for listening and a case with reagents for taking fingerprints.
- Thematic sets of a car mechanic or carpenter with a workbench and tools, equipped with light and sound signals.
- Details of costumes of famous heroes, like Spiderman or Superman.
- Indian costume with feather headdress, belt and tomahawk.
- radio station with two intercoms.
- racing tracks with cars and garage complexes.
- Railways with arrows, stations and a locomotive with several trailers.
- Movable figurines favorite heroes with apons.
- Transforming robots.
- Thematic constructors.
- Construction kits: metal, plastic, wood.
- transport models, which must be assembled by yourself. These can be models of old sailboats and modern ships, retro cars or aircraft.
A good gift for my son’s birthday a trip to an amusement park, a trip to the cinema or a trip to nature. The boy will like visiting the planetarium, zoo, dolphinarium, dinosaur exhibition. Gifts that carry a positive emotional component are also interesting for the child.
An unusual birthday present for an 8–9 year old boy is an opportunity to take part in an adventure quest with friends. Hide a gift, make a pirate old map, think over exciting tasks:
- solve a problem;
- perform a physical exercise (pull up or crawl under an obstacle to get a clue);
- decipher the rebus;
- notice the unusual
- and a few more tasks, but not very long so that the children do not lose interest in the game.
As a result, an amazing adventure will please the son, remaining in his memory for a long time.
Thinking through the adventure, it is worth considering will the child go through it alone or with the help of friends. If the boy goes alone, then a single item can be used as a souvenir. In case of passing the quest with the help of friends, at the end of the path you need to hide the treasure chest so that there are enough souvenirs in this chest for all participants. These can be inexpensive toys in the form of figurines, chips with anime characters that boys love to exchange so much.
Choosing a gift for a boy of primary school age, must not forget about the school, which is an important component of children’s lives. A set of pens, pencils, a pencil case with a ruler, a protractor, a compass, a sharpener and erasers — everything you need in the classroom will be a useful gift for a tomboy.
Another gift option is item for interior decoration. A wall clock with a picture of your favorite character, a lamp or a night light with touch control, an interesting chandelier in the form of a flying saucer or a model of the solar system, luminous decorations for walls and ceilings will appeal not only to eight-year-old boys.
clothing, although it does not cause great delight among the birthday man, it can also be a gift. New jeans, satshirts, shirts or T‑shirts with an interesting print will appeal to a young fashionista. Especially the boy will appreciate special clothing for sportsif he is an athlete, extravagant costume for performing on stage — in case of passion for music.
What can you give your brother?
Most often, in a family, children do not differ much in age, therefore, when choosing a gift for their brother, they turn to their parents for help in purchasing or make a present with their own hands. Gifts that parents help to buy can be inexpensive, as long as they are interesting. For example, you can donate:
- an interesting film with a favorite character or a new film release;
- a book about adventures that are so interesting for boys of this age;
- a poster that will feature popular sports, movie or show business stars, depending on interest;
- a set of soldiers with good drawing of details and additions like military vehicles (it is better if the set consists of two armies so that you can arrange battles);
- board games, such as Monopoly, Sea Battle, lotto and many others, presented in a gift box;
- comics magazine;
- puzzles on the “male” theme;
- 3D pen.
You can give your eight- or nine-year-old brother a handmade gift. It could be:
- a photo frame made from improvised materials, which can be parts from cars, designers, robots, as ll as twigs, pebbles, shells;
- a selection album with photographs of a favorite hero and frames from a favorite movie;
- a wallet made of leather, textiles or a phone case;
- video collage of photos of the birthday boy with a congratulatory song.
How to congratulate a nephew?
Aunts and uncles select a gift for their nephew, focusing on his hobbies and consulting with the birthday man’s parents. You should not give the boy clothes or shoes, as there is no way to try them on. The exceptions are T‑shirts or baseball caps with the image of movie characters, cartoons, a portrait of your favorite athlete or the birthday person himself, applied using thermal printing, which the nephew will ar with great pleasure.
If it is not possible to choose a gift, you can give money, but it is better not to do it personally to the boy, but to transfer a certain amount to his parents, who will buy a souvenir for their son on your behalf or add it to their own and purchase a more expensive present. If you decide to purchase a gift yourself, then there are the following options:
- indoor games such as darts, table hockey or football;
- interactive toy;
- if the child has a computer, then an original mouse or pad for it, an interesting-shaped flash drive, speakers in the form of cars or robots, headphones will do;
- constructors are simple and magnetic;
- wrist watch;
- collectible models of cars, soldiers and much more;
- set of stamps in the stockbook.
The choice of gifts is large, it all depends on the interests of the birthday person and the financial capacity of the givers.
You will learn a few more gift ideas for a boy from the following video.