Gifts for the New Year
Every year in December, millions of parents are tormented by the problem — what to give teachers for the New Year? The need for a gift has not been discussed for a long time — how to ignore people who work as “mothers” for our children from early morning until late at night? Therefore, most parents perceive a good gift for a teacher for the New Year as a tradition, duty and a sign of respect.
Of course, buying a gift, you need to take into account the personality of the donee: age, hobbies, marital status — in a word, everything you know about her. Then your present will become truly necessary and valuable for the recipient, causing a lot of positive emotions.
New Year is a holiday of magic, fairy tales, miracles. That is why the present should also be with elements of surprise, cause joy and delight.
If you still don’t know what your educator is fond of, there are a lot of universal gifts that any woman needs, which she will absolutely be delighted with.
So, what can be given to the teachers (there are usually two of them) as a New Year’s present?
Delicious gifts come to mind first.
- Fruit or berry bouquet.
- A bouquet of sets or a combination with fruits.
- A basket with New Year’s teas (ginger, citrus, apple-cinnamon) in the corresponding festive design.
- Similar coffee basket. Belgian chocolate, Irish Baileys and others are ll suited.
- A set that includes jams, marmalade, preserves. Such sets can be purchased ready-made, or you can assemble them yourself in a beautiful basket or box.
- Chocolate set.
- Cake to order or a box with your favorite cakes / cupcakes. Now there are a lot of confectioneries at home that make beautiful and delicious set presents. A box with trifles or Pavlova cakes, adored by the teacher, will be accepted with gratitude.
- A grocery basket that includes traditional New Year’s delicacies — red and black caviar, red fish, good cheese and other products.
As for inedible presents, you can give:
- plaid in New Year’s design;
- a beautiful tea pair made of porcelain or ceramics;
- bright salad bowls;
- a set of crystal glasses (better for the most New Year’s drink — champagne);
When purchasing such a gift, choose something that you yourself would be happy to use. A gift bought on the run, at a sale from the cheapest, from low-quality material, will say a lot about the giver.
Since a gift is a sign of attention and respect, show it and do not hand over an unnecessary item of low quality.
No one forbids, in addition to the general gift from the parents, to give the teacher something personally from yourself, if you consider it necessary. If you absolutely do not have time to search for something truly worthy, a certificate can become a universal gift. It will give the teacher the opportunity to choose the right thing on her own.
Currently, all large (and even not very large) chain stores make it possible to purchase a certificate for a different cost — from 50 to 100 $. It can be a tableware center, a perfumery and cosmetics chain, a bag or accessories store, a jelry store, a chain of electrical goods and household appliances stores, and home textiles. If you know that the teacher is an avid knitter, give her a certificate to a good knitting thread store, if she likes to cook, pay for a cooking master class.
A lover of creative pursuits (drawing, sewing dolls, pottery) will love attending a master class on the relevant topic, and a ballet fan — tickets to the premiere. If your teacher is a fan of healthy lifestyle, a subscription or a master class in yoga or another type of fitness that interests her will please her much more than a basket of sets.
From the group
As for gifts “from the group” and for her, of course, they are always accepted with pleasure. A rare kindergarten is equipped with office equipment or stationery so that it never needs anything. Educators are forced to print and draw a lot, so a gift from the field of office equipment or stationery will be appropriate. It can be:
- flash drives with a large amount of memory;
- external hard drive;
- memory card;
- printer, scanner, copier or multifunctional device that combines all three functions;
- different kinds of office.
But these are gifts, rather, for a kindergarten, and not for a teacher. A personal electronics gift might look like:
- electronic book;
- thermo mug;
- digital photo frame;
- backlit aquarium;
- beautiful night light or table lamp;
- mini fountain;
- backlit picture.
Such a gift idea as a book is appropriate only when you know for sure that you are giving what your educator dreams of. Let’s say she collects editions of Alice in Wonderland or Little Red Riding Hood and you present her with a copy that she doesn’t have yet. Or she has a passion for baking, and you hand out a beautiful glossy book of cake and cupcake recipes. It is undesirable to give gift editions of the Bible, the Koran or other theological books, because faith is too personal. It is worth refraining from presenting icons and images of saints for the same reasons.
Of course, the cost of the gift is discussed by the parents’ team. But, regardless of the budget that you have, you can find a worthy present. In this situation, fantasy is more important than a large amount of money.
If the parents in your group are creative and want to give the teacher or headmaster something truly special, then, of course, an individual approach is needed. Any printing house or photo workshop will make according to your order a wall calendar for the next year with a photo of children or a desktop flip versionwhere the “faces” of each month will be one or two children, depending on how many children are in the group.
This category of gifts includes wall clock with a photo print of the band. portrait on canvas, made by a professional photography artist, will be a surprise for a teacher or head teacher.
In advance, ask someone close to the teacher to provide you with the most successful photo so that the portrait turns out to be truly beautiful.
An interesting gift will be a set of Christmas balls or wooden toys painted by children. If one of the parents has the time and has creative abilities, a book made using the scrapbooking technique, reflecting the most interesting events of the year, will be an excellent present. There you can paste a photo, make appropriate inscriptions and much more. If there are no such creative personalities among the parents, you can perform in the same style a photo book with photographs of memorable moments from the life of the group.
An original gift will be a book about a person, in this case, about an educator or manager. There are publishing houses that come up with a story about a person (most often a New Year’s fairy tale) based on a detailed questionnaire that the donor fills out and photographs of the donee. The questionnaire lists both the hobbies of the person about whom the story is being written, and its features — characteristic expressions, significant events, names of loved ones, and then the fairy tale turns out to be truly personal. Few people will refuse to receive a book about themselves as a gift, and even designed so beautifully!
When choosing a gift of such a plan, you need to take care of ordering, manufacturing or purchasing it in advance so that at the last moment you don’t take photo workshops and needlework stores by storm.
What is better not to give?
When planning a gift for a teacher or head of a kindergarten, one should not forget that they are officials, so it is advisable not to cross the line of admissibility. Therefore, will separately single out the category of gifts that are not worth giving.
- Although the champagne glasses - a suitable gift, the drink itself should not be given, like any other alcohol.
- Perfumes of any kind — cologne, toilet water, perfume. These are things that each person chooses for himself. It is better to limit yourself to presenting a certificate to the appropriate store, where the teacher can choose the aroma to your liking.
- Any kind of hygiene products — deodorants, shor gels, anti-cellulite creams and more. You don’t even need to explain why.
- Massager, inhaler, nebulizer, other medical equipment — it’s not a gift.
- Underar — here not only the linen itself will be inappropriate, but also a certificate to the corresponding store.
- Money - many people perceive such a gift as inappropriate, therefore, if you do not want to offend the teacher, refrain from presenting the “envelope”.
Gift giving tips
A presentation is not only a box in which it is placed, but also a design. New Year is the time when beautiful wrapping paper glitters everywhere, tinsel sparkles, Christmas balls and toys burn with multi-colored lights. So pack your gift in such a way that it evokes a feeling of joy just by looking at it! If your gift is in a box, wrap it in pretty paper and decorate with tinsel. You can attach a spruce or pine branch with a couple of cones.
If your gifts are stacked in a basket, it is very appropriate to decorate with tinsel and it, put some beautiful Christmas decorations, figures of Santa Claus and the Snow Maiden, tangerines with leaves, bright paper bows. Then your gift will not only look bright, it will be fragrant with the New Year.