Gifts for the New Year
New Year’s Eve is a special time that spend with our loved ones. Important elements of these holidays are the New Year’s decoration of the home and the gifts that make to each other. Here the question often arises as to what is the best gift to give. It is advisable to choose something practical that will come in handy at home. Of course, the interests of the recipient, his favorite taste and the style he prefers, should always be taken into account. Armed with such knowledge, can safely go shopping.
Hover, there is nothing more soulful than a one-of-a-kind handmade gift. In addition, the search for presents for all family members takes quite a lot of time. And the queues and crowds in the stores are not conducive to spending long hours in malls. Therefore, when planning purchases for the New Year, it is worth considering the possibility of making gifts with your own hands and making a list of items in advance. This will save time and avoid additional costs.
The simplest crafts
A great idea for gifts can be to purchase souvenirs or necessary and practical items for every room of the house. It could be something for the kitchen, dining room, bedroom or bathroom. Ideally, such an object should be distinguished by both good design and high practical properties.
Original budget egg cups, bowls, teapots, pots, trays, wine buckets, plywood and plasticine crafts and other items are just examples of interesting New Year’s gifts that will always come in handy at home.
Hover, many more original gifts can be made with a little imagination combined with some knowledge.
- Painted wooden bowls. Decorate a plain wooden bowl or bowl with small designs like polka dots, stripes or flors.
- Make a cool collage of newspaper clippings on a topic such as sports. You can also add your favorite quote.
- For women, you can make a gift of small hand tols and fragrant soap. All that is needed is to wrap the soap in a certain way with a tol. Such a gift can become a favorite “mascot for the bathroom.” To do this, place the soap on a tol folded in a triangle. Roll up. Bring the ends together and tie with an elastic band. Decorate with a red bow. The original antlers and “moving eyes” can be bought at a stationery or other small store. And make a nose from a piece of any red sticker.
- For grandmother — a jar of sewing supplies. Go to a haberdashery shop and buy colorful spools of thread, needles of different sizes, and pins with different colored heads. Take the original jar with a decorative lid. Put a homemade pin cushion on top of it. Attach with thread. Add a note from Santa Claus and you’re done. Grandma will be delighted.
- For grandfather — a frame with pictures of grandchildren. A photo frame is a good gift for any occasion. Grandpa (and grandma) will surely love the original gift with photos of all their grandchildren. All you have to do is find an old frame and paint it your grandfather’s favorite color. Drill holes and thread the wire or thread through the frame to secure it. Insert photos of all grandchildren into one or more frames.
- You can pack a bottle with wrapping paper (this applies not only to alcohol, but also to all types of cosmetics). Then make a Santa Claus hat. All need is a piece of fabric or felt, cotton and a button. We glue the materials in the form of a hat, attach a nose from a button and a beard. We put the whole structure on a bottle.
- Pictures from plasticine. To obtain a picture from this plastic material, it is necessary to apply plasticine in layers. The first layer is placed on the elements that are farthest from the eyes, for example, the sky (blue plasticine). Then layers are applied, which should depict closer objects (the sun is yellow) and so on until a landscape is obtained. Such paintings depicting the New Year theme can be presented for the New Year. They will make a pretty original present.
- plywood gifts. This material has a wide range of applications. From it you can build a birdhouse, toys in the form of different animals, shelves, hangers or even a table lamp. Plywood is used to make furniture — stools or coffee tables. This is a pretty durable material. But he is afraid of moisture. Therefore, it is desirable to proliferate and paint products from it.
Plywood is easy to process. Even schoolchildren can easily cut out simple objects from it.
We create original souvenirs
Handmade crafts are good, first of all, for their uniqueness. Here are some original items that can be presented as a New Year’s souvenir.
- Bird’s nest necklace. From thin wire and glass beads, form a cool necklace that looks like a bird’s nest. For an even more special necklace, gemstones can be combined with pearls.
- fancy lamp. Paint the base of the lamp a color you like, such as green, blue or pink. Apply any pattern to the lampshade. Connect the base to the patterned lampshade.
- Scarves with stencil. Decorate your scarf with a simple design like flors or feathers. Use your own design stencil and fabric paint for this.
- stone photo frame. Match the photo frame with stones of the same color. Glue them to the frame. Place a suitable photo inside to personalize your gift.
- Colored vases. Paint the vase with wide stripes of different colors. Place fresh flors in it.
- Bowls with own design. Give your chinaware a stylish look with ceramic paint. Your miniature patterned bowls will be a beautiful, creative surprise for anyone who loves to cook.
- Painted handkerchiefs. The dresses are universal. Make your own series of these items by painting them with various patterns to your liking. And you can always have ready-made souvenirs for guests.
- Bottle lamps. A glass or plastic bottle (preferably multi-colored) can be a unique Christmas decoration. All you have to do is put white or colored light bulbs inside and then turn them on. In an instant, an ordinary bottle will become a beautiful lamp!
- Balloons with confetti. Confetti balloons are a very impressive Christmas decoration. To do this, place confetti in a simple transparent balloon. Then place the colored balloon in the clear balloon and inflate it. And everything is ready!
- Colorful rain from balloons. Another way to use balloons is to place them on silver or gold foil attached to a lamp or ceiling. At midnight, simply pull the string to release the foil from the mount. The balloons will fall to the ground like colored rain.
- Fire inscription. The original idea of u200bu200bdecorating a New Year’s Eve is to decorate any inscription with matches. On New Year’s Eve, it could be the phrase “Happy New Year!”. Spread it, for example, on a baking sheet. Matches can be glued to the surface with ak glue. Shortly before midnight, light all the matches, and when tlve comes, ask the guests to blow them out.
- Colored rosettes made of paper. Paper rosettes made from multi-colored sheets of paper are ideal as New Year’s wall decorations. To prepare them, you will need colored gift wrapping paper, a metal ruler, a pencil, a craft knife, a hole punch, scissors and string. Paper cut into strips can have different widths — the wider the strip of paper, the larger the rosette you bend.
- Sew a bag to carry books, magazines or crafts. Choose a fabric that matches the style of the person you are giving it to.
- Create a custom laptop case for the person who travels frequently.
- Give a pillowwhich will have an interesting drawing or an original (funny) quote that will lift your spirits.
Or add an appropriate photo that emphasizes the individual approach.
Homemade gifts can also be useful. Consider some ideas for such presentations.
Making a candle yourself is quite easy, following simple recommendations.
- The master class begins with the items used for this work. You will need wax (paraffin), a heavy-bottomed saucepan, a bowl for dissolving the wax in a water bath, dye, a container (for example, a plastic cup or beer cans), a ready-made wick, a knife, a spatula to level the surface of the wax and a hair dryer.
- Instead of buying ready-made paraffin, you can also use leftover unburned candles - this is the idea of recycling unwanted items. If you want the candle to contain additives, be sure to prepare them — for example, lemon zest and others. You will also need aromatic oils.
- Start by mixing the wax. It should be heated, but not in the microwave. It is best to use a saucepan with a very thick bottom, dissolving the wax in a water bath. To do this is quite simple. Fill a saucepan with hot water about halfway, and place a suitable bowl on it in which to place the wax. The steam rising from the pot heats the bowl and slowly melts the wax. As already mentioned, you can use either paraffin bought in the store, or the remains of different candles.
- Prepare the mold for making the candle. It can be, for example, a beer can or a plastic cup. Remember that when the candle hardens, you must cut the mold. It should be an item that you can easily cut with a knife. Of course, you can also make a candle in a glass. At the bottom of the finished form, place decorative elements, such as shells or chopped lemon zest.
- To make a scented candle, add a few drops of scented oil and dye to warm wax.. If you don’t want to use pre-made oils, you can opt for a natural flavor—a pinch of cinnamon or cake vanilla would be ideal. Stir gently so that the paint and oil spread throughout the mass. If you do not want the candle to smell and stain, skip this step.
- Place a wick in the middle of the prepared form. You can buy a ready-made one or use a wick from an old candle.
- While carefully supporting the wick (be careful not to burn yourself), gradually pour out the liquid wax mass. Using a spatula, level it so that it is evenly distributed in the mold.
- Freeze the candle. Depending on how hot the wax was, this can take up to 12 hours. To speed up the process, you can dry the candle with a hair dryer.
- When your decorative candle is completely dry, remove it from the mold. Cut open a plastic cup or jar and throw it away.
If you used glass, skip this step.
Washi Tape Candles
Start decorating with regular simple candles and then decorate them with washi ribbon patterns. Place them in candle holders for a better display.
Pour the melted wax into the candle holders. Add flavors like mocha or cinnamon. And the room will be filled with pleasant incense.
Do-it-yourself mittens can be a wonderful New Year’s gift. This gift is suitable for both adults and children.
With open fingers. These are very practical mittens that do not cover half of the fingers. Thanks to this design, they warm your hands. But at the same time, you can freely make a phone call or take your wallet out of your bag. They appeared in the 18th century in France and at first re an elegant addition to the costumes of the ladies of that time. For their manufacture, silk was mainly used. Now they can be extravagant, attractive and warm addition to the wardrobe. It is easy to tie them yourself. To do this, you only need a skein of any yarn and a needle with a large eye. A pattern of snowflakes or deer is applied to the product.
Patterns can be made from felt of a different color.
Making New Year’s soap is not at all difficult, and accessories can be anything. You can make fragrant soap with cinnamon and orange.
- white glycerin base;
- aromatic oil (orange);
- orange dye;
- ground cinnamon;
- Orange peel;
- Plastic container;
- wrapping foil;
Let’s take a step-by-step approach.
- Put the dried orange peel into molds and pour over the cinnamon.
- Cut the soap, heated in a plastic container in the microwave (this can also be done in a water bath).
- Add aromatic oils to the dissolved soap and stir.
- Pour soap into molds.
- Add a few drops of dye to the soap.
- At the end of the process, pour in some more cinnamon and add the orange zest.
- Leave the soap to dry. To speed up the process, you can put it in the refrigerator until it hardens.
- Take the soap out of the mold.
How to make soap with your own hands, see the following video.
Other types of gifts
And some more useful gifts.
- Necklace holder. Create a beautiful display for hanging jelry such as necklaces, beads, bracelets and hair bands. Choose your favorite board design and matching hooks.
- Long knitted scarf. These scarves can be worn in spring, autumn and winter. Make it from colored yarn using a knitting machine.
- Hanger with flors. Create your own hanger by sticking wrapping paper with flors. Paint the base and hooks nice colors.
- Personal notebook. For a friend who loves to write and jot down memories, you can personalize a notebook or journal. Add phrases to the cover that will inspire him.
- Wire photo frame. Create a unique frame where you can store many photos. Fasten the wire to the old frame, for example, from a small window. Insert photos with holders into it.
- Elastic bookmark. Made from elastic bands and fabric, these bookmarks hold the right page and won’t slip when you travel. Add a book or magazine to your gift.
- Elastic headband. Such products can be made from scraps of fabric using a simple pattern. These hair accessories can be used for workouts or morning runs.
- Zip bag. Clutches or mini wallets for everyday outing or cosmetics storage. Sew or remake such a bag, personalizing it with a monogram.
- Pillows. Create customized color fabric pillows to suit the tastes of your family or friends. Choose a fun pattern and pair it with more neutral tones.
Hover, not everything can be done by hand. Sometimes things bought in a store, chosen with love and attention to a person, will also be perceived as something individual.
- For lovers of cooking, recommend buying a kitchen apron decorated with a New Year’s motif. Original cups will also be useful.
- An interesting mirror, linens, a designer bedside lamp, a toiletry bag, a good quality tol or a nice soap dispenser.
- For women: cosmetics, jelry, clothing and fashion accessories.
- “Beautiful” household appliances or massage equipment for body care.
- Books are always a proven gift. Before the New Year, good topics will be: guides that are related to the search for happiness; dietary and sports advice. After all, the coming year is conducive to new beginnings and decisions. Biographies, science fiction and fiction are also popular.
- The most popular gifts for men are watches and various types of electronics (phones with accessories, RTV equipment and multimedia).
- If you are dealing with a fan of computer games, you should ask the seller what is currently at the peak of popularity. And you need to find out in advance what topic the player is interested in.
If he likes strategy games, maybe he shouldn’t buy the new version of FIFA.
Remember that toys for children should not only give joy, but also teach and shape the imagination. A common mistake parents make is buying toys that are too big. A four-year-old child will not be able to cope with a huge set of Lego bricks. Perfect gifts for:
- interactive globe;
- singing doll;
- password diary;
- interactive dog;
- holiday car for dogs;
- interactive map of the world;
- cyber robot with remote control.
And of course, where without sets. Here for culinary expanse. You can cook a lot of interesting things.
Lemonade in a jug
Refreshing gift: lemonade set — a jug (with lemonade) and a cup. Add fresh lemons (or tangerines) and sugar to the drink.
Whip up delicious butters along with honey and berries. Then pack them in small jars. This appetizing gift can be spread on toast, bagels and pancakes.
Bake a batch of vanilla or chocolate cupcakes and decorate them in style.
Top with fresh berries, whipped cream and syrup.
Muffins and balls
To make the muffins look festive, decorate them with ready-made confectionery flors and put them in a souvenir box.
- 250 g flour;
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder;
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda;
- 150 g of sugar;
- 150 g of chopped chocolate (you can give 100 g of milk and 50 g of bitter);
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa;
- 1 large egg;
- 90 ml of oil;
- 250 ml of milk;
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
Combine all the main ingredients in one bowl (except the chocolate for dusting the muffins) and mix them together. Fill cupcake molds with mixture and top with chocolate. Bake for about 20 minutes at 200ºC.
How to pack?
As gift wrapping, you can use ordinary white, gray or colored decorative paper, cardboard boxes, bags and even old newspapers. If you choose a template with a clear graphic motif in black, white, silver or gold material for gift wrapping, then it will look very impressive located under the tree.
Glossy paper with a metallic effect will make the packaging elegant. Remember that careful execution is important. There should be no visible glue, wrinkles, or tape. If you cannot pack the goods yourself, buy decorative boxes.
Wrapping gray paper is the basis of packaging. Colors that are harmoniously combined with it are green, red, black and even white. Using a sprig of spruce, a bunch of mountain ash, or an ordinary black plastic card, you can beautifully highlight the gift.
Using a printer, you can print, for example, a deer by adding elements cut out of colored paper. Brown cardboard jars look beautiful, decorated with a festive accent — a Christmas tree or a red bow.
A holiday gift will also look very attractive if it is packaged in a decorative package.
- You can use different materials such as velvet, embossed leather, felt, thick canvas. Each gift box should always be decorated with an elegant satin ribbon, a ribbon with a winter motif, snow-white lace or a colored cord.
- Several different colors can be used. For example, if pack gifts in fashionable eco-style in plain gray paper, then a decorative thread of white and red colors will perfectly fit into this festive packaging.
- New Year’s gifts should also be decorated with small items that can fasten with tape or glue to the package. There are enough accessories that can be used to decorate gift wrapping. For this purpose, small trinkets, paper or metal stars, cones and pieces of bark, twigs, mountain ash or wild rose, dry flors, and even figurines of small animals are perfect.
Plain gray or white gift wrapping paper also looks great when stamped with Christmas motifs like a snowflake.
Packing set gifts can be very interesting.
- Giving cookies, candies, homemade preserves, handmade spices or oils is a lot of fun. Sets are best placed in decorative boxes or jars. Tie them with a pretty ribbon and put in some cakes.
- Jams, preserves, spices are most often found in jars that can be decorated with ribbon or lace. Don’t forget to ennoble the lid of the jar with a beautiful festive pattern.
- Instead of gray paper, you can use an unnecessary newspaper, an old book, a notebook with notes. A few Christmas accents — and you get an unusual finished package. The newspaper will be interesting to contrast with red and green ornaments. This packaging will delight lovers of simplicity and vintage style. Admittedly, this is an interesting alternative to paper with Christmas themes sold in stores.
- You can also use colored stationery paper, which you can decorate yourself or use ready-made stickers.
- Children will surely love the gift of sets, decorated with Christmas balls, lanterns and garlands. You can also, instead of a traditional box, pack a gift like a candy.
How to make gifts for the New Year with your own hands, see the next video.