Gifts to loved ones require special attention, because the more individual and original the surprise, the more pleasant the recipient. But if friends can be presented with something humorous or provocative, something personal and comic can be presented to a sister or brother, then with parents it is a completely different story. Parents expect a surprise from their child most of all, because it is he who can cheer them up with his souvenir, and surprise, and even make them cry.
At the same time, the main thing is that mom will be delighted with any trinket, and if it is made with her own hands, then the joy can be indescribable. And no matter how old you are, crafts for mom can be done at any age, because always remain children for our parents.
A budget gift option to please a loved one usually lies in the original idea, sincerity and sincerity of the souvenir. Therefore, something made with your own hands will be a great solution for Mother’s Day. The main thing is not to be lazy and convey all the love and warmth that you feel for a person as a surprise.
To do this, you should choose mainly those colors that the recipient likes, and use only materials, photographs and ideas that will definitely be appreciated by the mother.
There are a huge number of ideas and ways to implement them when it comes to crafts, but must not forget that are talking about mom on this wonderful holiday — because of this, can highlight the main options.
Crafts in the form of flors
- Multicolored hyacinths. A spring flor that will make mom smile and admire, because the bouquet comes out very bright and attractive.
- Soft tulips or otherwise — “plush tulips”. A bouquet that is suitable for both Mother’s Day and International Women’s Day.
- Stone cactus. If you do everything measuredly and clearly, then at first the guests will not be able to distinguish it from the real one.
- Candy bouquet. A surprise that will delight lovers of both flors and sets. At the same time, after eating sets, wrappers can be left and a pretty bouquet will remain.
- Flor heart. It can be both from fresh flors and from paper ones, also made with your own hands.
- Paper hearts. Pretty classic gift for mom. You can give simply made hearts, or you can put them on a stick and make a bouquet of hearts of different colors.
- Candy heart. A set gift that can be made very beautiful and bright if you use candies with wrappers of different colors.
- You can portray a mother with a bouquet in her hands or in a place close to your heart and come up with a nice inscription, for example: “Beloved mother”, “Cozy corner” or “The most valuable thing there is”.
- draw a bouquetwhich certainly can stand for a long time with their parents in the bedroom.
- Leaf painting. Delicate gift that will decorate the wall in the kitchen or in the room.
- Palms with heart and flors. An original postcard that will make mom smile.
- Postcard in quilling technique. You can buy such postcards, but homemade ones look much nicer and more individual. And for the gifted, such a card is more valuable.
- Postcard in scrapbooking technique. The opportunity to capture the warmest moments of life with the help of photos and flors to convey love and warmth to mom.
- Paper heart. Mom can use such a gift as a bookmark in a book and constantly remember you.
- Flors for mom. Making a handmade bouquet for mom that will never wither is cute and pleasant.
- Composition of swans and water lilies or flor bed.
- Photo candle. It will help to capture yourself and your family and brighten up dark evenings in a cozy atmosphere, accompanied by candlelight.
- “Photography Through Time”. Take a photo of the whole family from a child to a grandmother, so that everyone who is depicted in the photo holds a frame with the previous person being photographed. Ideally, on the same background and then give the birthday girl each of the photos taken in a frame.
- individual plate. Draw on a plate with acrylic paints. Either stenciled or freehand if you have drawing skills.
- Family photo album. Decorate with decorative ribbons, inscriptions, drawings, make it individual for mom and write a warm wish to your loved one on the first page.
- A box of congratulations exclusively for mom. It may contain notes of who your mother was for you at different periods of your life, as ll as other crafts for the holiday. The decoration of the box itself is preferably in warm colors with flors that mom loves.
- Application of leaves or seeds that depict a flor. A great option for a child to please his mother is to make a drawing from plasticine with an application. It can be a bouquet of leaves or a flor of seeds.
And most importantly, any of these gifts can be presented in a beautiful and original package, also made by hand.
If you use paper without drawings and patterns, a monotonous canvas, you can paint it yourself, you can attach pompoms, bows, tassels or flors to the packaging.
Thus, the surprise will become even more presentable and solemn, which will surely please the recipient.
Examples of ready-made surprises
For convenience, you can consider a few examples of making souvenirs for mom with your own hands. In addition, you can use the previously described ideas and combine them with ready-made examples.
What will be required:
- bright fabric to create a bud;
- green fabric to create a stem;
- wire for rigidity of the stem with leaves;
- filler for the bud and stem (cotton wool, synthetic winterizer, fabric);
- little sewing skills.
Next, follow the steps in sequence.
- Sew a stem from a green fabric according to a pattern with a small margin in size. Unscrew the worweiece so that the seams are not visible.
- Stuff the stem with filler.
- Pass the wire through the stem and cut off the excess.
- Sew a bud from a bright delicate fabric and turn it inside out.
- Fill the bud with filler.
- Sew the bud to the stem and remove excess seams.
The result is a soft and beautiful flor that can be presented in a basket or wrapped in fabric.
What will be required:
- a flor pot or other vessel for a cactus;
- earth, sand or other earth-like filler;
- flat stones of various shapes and sizes;
- white gouache, corrector or white marker;
- Select flat cactus-like stones and wash them.
- Color the stones green.
- Apply patterns to the resulting cactus elements in white to make it look like a real flor.
- Pour the soil into the pot and insert into the resulting pebbles, placing them close to each other. Then sprinkle some more soil on top.
The result was a cactus, which is impossible to prick, but dropping it on the leg seems to be a dangerous serious injury. Therefore, it is better not to put this surprise on the shelves so that it does not fall on anyone.
What you need:
- polystyrene or packaging cardboard;
- red corrugated paper;
- red and white braid;
- Cut out a heart from styrofoam or packing cardboard.
- We apply red corrugated paper on top of the worweiece.
- We glue the heart with red, and on top with white braid. Glue candies to the heart.
It turned out to be a tasty and bright gift that can decorate the table and please mom.
Postcard with a heart in the palms
What you need:
- white sheet A4 or A3 (depending on the size of the postcard);
- 2 sheets of colored paper A4 or A3 (red and purple);
- PVA glue;
- Fold the white sheet in half.
- We connect 4 fingers of the hand, and stick out the big one, circle the hand.
- We cut out the resulting element, get connected palms.
- We carry out the three previous points with purple paper. We make a half-centimeter large worweiece.
- We glue both elements.
- We cut out a heart that is suitable in size to put in the “hands”.
- We fold the heart with an accordion and glue it to the palms.
- Then you can decorate the heart with flors and a pattern, and write warm words on the palms.
You can make several levels, i.e., on top of the main layer and the second, stick more colored papers of large sizes. Then you get a brighter, larger and denser postcard.
Candle with photo
What you need:
- a jar of matches;
- Cut out a photo of the size suitable for the candle.
- Glue the photo on the candle. Presented together with a beautiful jar of matches.
It is not difficult to come up with an original gift idea, the main thing is to understand what your mother will definitely like. You can combine the described ideas and make a composition of several interesting crafts, you can use some example as a basis, and then come up with something of your own.
Even if you have to spend a little more time, but then you will give your loved one something that will really be appreciated and pleasantly received on Mother’s Day.
See below for a master class on making a volumetric postcard.