Gifts for the New Year
A gift for mom for the New Year should express the attention and love of the person who gives it. If money for something expensive is not available due to age or circumstances, it is quite reasonable to do something with your own hands to express your feelings. The range of New Year’s presents is very extensive — from decorations to goodies, so a child of any age will be able to choose the best option.
Paper Present Ideas
Paper crafts do not differ in durability and strength, therefore it is recommended to give them only as a decor or as an item that will not be actively used. As an option, a useful gift is a stand for stationery. For its manufacture, materials such as:
- thick cardboard;
- thin design paper or decoupage napkins;
- foam sponge;
- silicone glue.
Important! Having found a craft scheme on the Internet, it is more convenient to print it on two sheets of cardboard.
The manufacturing process of the stand is as follows:
- you need to cut 12 identical pentagons;
- gluing the figures together, it is necessary to build a voluminous and even worweiece;
- having collected the first row, you will have to let it dry, and then dock it with the second row;
- using the remaining blank of beautiful paper, the required amount of coating is cut out, which is then glued to the base;
- as soon as everything dries, the gift can be given to the mother.
Another good paper gift is picture frame. In addition to the cardboard base in the form of the frame itself, the following materials and tools will have to be prepared:
- thin design paper;
- transparent glue;
Important! Of course, it is better to immediately print a good family photo.
The manufacturing process is as follows:
- thin sheets are cut into small triangles, after which they are overlapped and slightly randomly glued onto a cardboard base;
- after waiting for drying, the surface can be further treated with transparent nail polish;
- as an additional decor, origami figurines or a quilling flor, voluminous stickers or decorative pebbles will look good;
- before congratulations, the photograph must take its place inside the frame.
In addition, from high-quality paper it will be possible to create graceful garlands of various shapes, voluminous lanterns, a corrugated table Christmas tree or a set for table setting. A large voluminous star placed on the window is popular today — it looks very stylish and gives the room a festive mood. The origami technique allows you to make various figures, from snowmen to hearts and stars.
Snowflakes made of unusual materials are always appropriate for the New Year. Paper houses look cute, inside of which there are tablet candles or delicious lollipops.
We create souvenirs in the New Year theme
For the New Year, it is very nice to receive a beautiful handmade Christmas tree toy as a gift. Such a souvenir will not gather dust somewhere on the shelf, but will immediately begin to please the new owner. The toy can be made in any technique, but to make the present personal, you should give preference to a ball with a commemorative photo placed inside. To create it, it will be enough to purchase a transparent glass figurine and fix a retro card inside.
Decorative New Year’s pillows that create coziness and mood in the house also look very cool. First, the pillow itself can be sewn from an old plaid or jumper, and then decorated with a themed decor.
If creating a pillow looks like too much of a task, then it is reasonable to limit yourself to a soft toy in the form of a symbol of the coming year.
Jelry and cosmetics
A fashionista mom will most likely like it necklace or bracelet, assembled from multi-colored beads. They can be glass, wood, metal or bright plastic — depending on the chosen style.
A leather bag or bacweack will be decorated with a keychain made of colored yarn with pompoms. In addition to the fact that the product in the current boho style will look very creative, it will also cheer up the parent on a cloudy day. If a mother cares about the ecology of the environment and does not leave the house without a special shopping bag for groceries, then you can present to her a new bag made from an old t‑shirt.
From a dense pastel-colored ribbon, you can make a delicate bracelet, decorated with unusual elements, and from woven leather — something more serious and concise.
Women love to acquire various cosmetic things, pampering not only their body, but also their soul. Given that handmade cosmetics have a more useful composition, mom will definitely be delighted with such a gift. For example, it’s pretty easy to create bath bombs, scented soaps, lip balms, herbal facial cleansers, or sugar, almond and essential oil scrubs.
In addition to the jelry itself, it is worth thinking about a special organizer for storing them. As a rule, the choice of this item in the store is rather limited, so it is much more convenient to use an individual design that accommodates all available jelry of different shapes and sizes. An unusual organizer can be made from an old book. The Internet contains enough instructions on how to turn an already unnecessary volume into a clutch for storing cosmetics.
Top homemade gifts
The easiest way is to make a postcard for the New Year for mom, especially if the age of her daughter or son is still small. The execution method is logically appropriate depending on your own preferences and skills. New Year’s cards are decorated using the decoupage technique, complemented with embroidery or appliqués, volumetric elements or retractable details. Of course, the gift should be filled with kind and sincere words, if desired, in verse.
A great solution would be to give mom self-made cookies, packaged in a beautiful package. - a neat glass jar or craft paper, decorated with New Year’s decor from cinnamon sticks, dried oranges and fir branches.
Handmade gifts intended for interior decoration are perceived with great sympathy. If the daughter is able to draw a beautiful image, then it is better for her to present a drawing as a gift, maybe even a mother’s portrait. If the skills do not allow you to create a work of art with a pencil, then you can choose something easier, for example, a laconic tapestry. To make the decor, you will need woolen threads, an old picture frame, a hammer and nails — nothing complicated at all. The knitted cover on the mug looks very nice.
If mom is an avid cook, then she will definitely come in handy stylish jars for cereals and spices. Glass bases can be purchased at any hardware store, and then each can be decorated with an unusual porcelain label with an inscription hanging from a thick cord.
The inscriptions themselves are more convenient to apply with a sharp stick, while the cold porcelain has not yet lost its soft state.
Purchased sets will become the basis for an interesting present if you construct any New Year’s design from them. From inedible materials, you will need a glue gun, packing tape and a bow. In addition, you can not do without sets, chocolate bars and caramel candies. The manufacturing process includes the following steps:
- caramel is located so that the sledge runners are obtained;
- bars are glued on top of them, forming the base of the sleigh;
- glue is used in small quantities so as not to melt the chocolate;
- by placing other smaller sets and a pyramid of sets in the next layer, it will be possible to form a filled Santa Claus sleigh;
- the whole structure is tied with a wide ribbon for packaging and decorated with a bow of the same color;
- the individual components are fixed again using a glue gun.
A parent who often works or rests in headphones will come in handy special handmade holder. First you will have to prepare two clothespins, silicone glue and decoupage napkins. So, you should do the following:
- the side of one of the clothespins is liberally lubricated with glue; before that, in case of excessive smoothness of the surface, it will be necessary to use fine abrasive sandpaper;
- two clothespins are interconnected so that the “top” is joined to the “bottom”;
- when the structure dries, it will be possible to glue it on all sides with decoupage napkins, following the basic instructions;
- when you don’t want to spend a lot of time on decoupage, it is recommended to use decorative tape.
Adults and talented children can make something large and useful for household use. Alternatively, this could be a board for cutting food, a shelf in the kitchen, a hanger for jackets, a neat tray with legs or even a side table. The ability to work with flors allows you to create a beautiful thematic composition, for example, a Christmas wreath or a bouquet for the table.
An interesting solution could be creation of a New Year’s topiary, a candlestick decorated with dried flors and other natural materials, as ll as a decorative Christmas tree. To make a New Year’s topiary, you can not do without tinsel, sets, sparkles, shreds, ribbons and Christmas tree decorations. It is worth taking steps such as:
- the finished tree is placed in a pot and is usually placed on a stand;
- the creation of a decorative element begins with the choice of a base, which can be a metal knitting needle, a stick or a pencil;
- work will require materials such as glue, paints, a pencil and crown components — for example, foam, papier-mâché and threads;
- first, with the help of a balloon, the crown itself is created — the easiest way is to inflate it, wrap it with a dense thread soaked in glue, and then, after waiting for it to dry, pierce it with a needle;
- the stick, which acts as a trunk, is inserted into the pot, and a round crown is fixed on it;
- further, the tree is already decorated with all possible materials.
Important! It practically does not cost money, but a box or a bag filled with pleasant wishes and sets brings a lot of positive emotions.