The birthday of a child is a holiday in which there are no trifles. Every moment of the upcoming celebration is planned and prepared in accordance with the general idea. Decorating the room is one of the key preparation points. The mood of the child will depend on how the new decoration corresponds to the festive atmosphere. Girls are especially sensitive to such visual manifestations.
You can decorate a room for a girl’s birthday without involving decorators. Doing it yourself is not difficult at all, especially when the Internet is at hand. There are at least 3 points from which you can push off.
What a holiday without balls: they will always be an attribute of joy, celebration, fun. Their number is limited by the ideas of adults about the design. The color scheme can also be very different.
One of the most popular options for today: multi-colored balls in one bundle. It can be both helium balloons and ordinary ones.
You can decorate the room with oblong-shaped balls, from which flors and animal figures are often made. Although classic balls are considered the most win-win option. By the way, the same balls will be a wonderful way to diversify the festive photo shoot. Even just a child standing with a bunch of balloons in his hand is already an occasion to take a memorable photo.
But for a girl, balls can be tied to the ends of the pigtails: they will lift the pigtails up, and a very funny photo will come out.
Of course, you can also use balloons with the image of your child’s favorite characters. The younger the girl, the more likely she is to like this option.
Flors are an invariable attribute of a birthday. And it is not true that only adult girls and women will appreciate the flors. The earlier dad begins to give flors to his baby, the more love she will receive and the ability to enjoy not only useful, but also beautiful things, touching signs of attention. Therefore, a small bouquet for a birthday girl is required.
Another great solution is paper flors. Today, huge flors are in fashion, which elegantly decorate the walls or stand on special racks. They are perfect for the photo zone. But you can get by with more modest options. For example, to make paper roses from music paper — firstly, such decor will not fade and will please the girl for a long time. Secondly, it is very touching and unusual.
There are a lot of master classes on how to create such beauty on the Internet.
Today, there is no paper on sale: corrugated, velvet, metallized, printed, designer. You can finally use printouts to find the very texture. And then from this paper you can cut out many small elements that will become the basis of the garland. They are easy to tie together by simply stitching these homogeneous elements on a typewriter.
What can a paper garland consist of:
- bears and bunnies;
- figurines of a girl in a skirt;
- snowflakes (if the girl’s birthday falls on New Year’s holidays).
From beautiful textured paper, according to templates, you can make a fairy amulet, which will be presented to the birthday girl and will become a new pendant in the nursery. This fairy will guard the girl’s dream. You can also do this: chop up old greeting cards and make a mosaic out of these fragments, which will be used in a fairy outfit. Good wishes of guests, relatives, relatives will not just be stored somewhere in a box, but will be “aved” an outfit for a fairy.
This will make a warm gift that can also be used as paper birthday decor.
Decoration ideas for different ages
It is logical that the decor depends on how old the birthday girl is. What older girls will appreciate, kids will not understand (and vice versa).
At this age, babies are already aware of what is beautiful, bright, cheerful. They will not notice any small nuances, but in general they will enjoy the festive atmosphere. What could be the design of a room for girls of this age:
- very simple figures of favorite animal characters, even primitive ones, not complicated by special stylization;
- pleasant colors, preferably not very contrasting and flashy, so that they do not put pressure on the child’s nervous system;
- all decor should be environmentally friendly and safe for the girl (so that she cannot get hurt or choke);
- it shouldn’t be too much.
The standard option for decorating a hall or a nursery in a house: paper garlands (which you can admire, not pull off and crush), balls (also under the ceiling, and if you play with them, only under adult supervision), the title figure of your favorite character in the center of the room.
At 3, 4, 5 years old, the child already has favorite characters from fairy tales and cartoons. And their presence in the decor of the room is always perceived as some kind of magic. That’s why one has only to calculate which character will please a particular girl more. Well, paper garlands will definitely not be superfluous.
At this age, the baby will also be happy with the candy bar, which can be opened in honor of the holiday. What kind of sets will be there, the parents decide.
6–9 years old
If at the age of 6 you can enjoy the design of the nursery in the style of “Masha and the Bear”, then at 9 and even 8 the child’s priority can change significantly. Then the design in the style of the theme chosen as the basis of the birthday party will help out. For example, it was decided to arrange a Hawaiian holiday: flors and greenery will become the main visual attributes.
A 7‑year-old girl will like romantic themes: dolls, mermaids, cartoon characters for schoolgirls.
It is possible that it is not necessary to arrange a surprise at this age, you can not only ask the child for an idea, but also involve the future heroine of the celebration in the design. She will look forward to the guests appreciating the fruits of her creativity.
10–14 years old
Teenagers are more critical, and the less independence parents should show. The design should be based strictly on the tastes and preferences of the birthday girl. Her favorite themes, colors, aesthetic preferences. You can view online collections together with the girl, find a suitable option.
As a rule, at this age, floral and tropical themes are more often chosen, something neutral and already far from cartoon themes. Although flags, garlands and illumination are always held in high esteem.
What you like at 11 years old can cause a different reaction at 13 and even at 12, so it is imperative to consult with the child. In order not to feel later annoyance from inappropriate pink and unicorns, for example.
15–16 years old
If you want to make a surprise, then let it be homemade garlands, generously hung around the room. Let it be a bunch of as many balls as the girl turns. And always fresh flors in a delicate, delicate bouquet. And also a family greeting poster or birthday collage are win-win options.
A few tips for decorating a room will help you avoid annoying mistakes and unnecessary mistakes. Decorator tips.
- It makes sense to focus on one thing. If it is paper, then let most of the decor be from it. If aerodesign, then it fills the main space.
- If the room itself is decorated brightly (in terms of decoration), there is no need to try to replay it with festive decor. In this case, it should be neutral, gentle. And vice versa — in white walls, a riot of color in the design will be appropriate.
- Styles should not mix. You can make a bias towards vintage or some obvious theme, without trying to connect everything. Or, for example, a common mistake: a birthday in the winter, on New Year’s holidays, and it turns out that the New Year’s decor is mixed with the birthday one. But you can take white and silver balls, garlands in the same colors, and everything will be organic.
Decor must be stored after use: in boxes, bags, chests. Perhaps it will be applied at more than one holiday and will become something like a family value, a tradition.
In addition to the tips, there are illustrations that show the excitement that holiday decor can create.
- Bright garland of circles and fluffy crepe paper flors.
- White, pink and gold — a luxurious candy bar and photo zone.
- For a Hawaiian-style birthday, a very simple but beautiful option.
- This design is suitable if the birthday girl is already 8–9 years old.
- Paper garlands in the form of ice cream are unexpected and cute.
- Simple, bright, fast and cute — if there is no way to decorate the whole room.
- A lovely option for a spring birthday.
- A real fairy tale atmosphere.
- It is not necessary to arrange too magnificent decoration, everything can be modest, but bright.
- Dedicated to little lovers of pink.
How to decorate a room for a birthday, see the following video.