The 18th anniversary is the holiday that everyone remembers in the future as the best moment in life. From this day on, the birthday boy becomes an independent adult. This date should remain in the memory of a bright and unforgettable, it should be celebrated in an original way, to do something special, which has never been done before.
What to consider when preparing?
First of all, you need to take into account how the hero of the occasion wants to celebrate his birthday, because he is no longer a child and can do as he wants. He has the right to his own vision of how to organize this day. There is nothing worse than the day when a person must finally become independent, dictate his will to him — so you will only spoil the holiday. We must be prepared for the fact that a person does not want to celebrate 18 years with his family. At this age, friends and a significant other are of great importance and this should be treated with understanding.
Of course, organizing such a celebration can be so difficult or boring that the birthday person does not want to celebrate his birthday at all. In this case, it is necessary to help, suggest how to fill this day with vivid emotions and unforgettable events.
In order to celebrate the age of majority ll, it is not at all necessary to spend a lot of money. Instead, you can show imagination, celebrate budget and taste.
To make the holiday a success, it is important to choose a good place for it. Undoubtedly, the choice depends on the time of year. In winter, for example, open-air options are not suitable. Hover, for any time of the year there are quite a lot of places ready to accept a cheerful company. Let’s consider some of them.
- Cafe. This option does not require much effort to organize the event, because there they will do the most important thing for you — they will set the festive table. You can invite a host — he will entertain the guests.
- Outdoors. Good ather, fresh air, sun, active games, dishes cooked on a fire — this is already a holiday, even when there is no reason.
- Rink. Young people love active entertainment, and ice skating fits this concept perfectly. In winter, there is nothing more pleasant than warming up with a cup of hot cocoa with a donut in a pleasant company of friends after ice skating.
- Quest room. A great place for a company — it helps to unite to solve common problems, strengthens friendship and gives unforgettable emotions from victory.
- Virtual Reality Club. An interesting and advanced way to celebrate a birthday even on a pirate ship, even in an elven castle.
- Bowling. This entertainment will definitely provide vivid impressions with a touch of aristocracy.
- Houses. Undoubtedly, the most budgetary option for celebrating the age of majority, which will not be boring and unsuccessful at all if you organize a theme party.
How to decorate a room?
The most important attribute of adulthood is the number 18, which must be present in the design of the room. You can fit it into the interior in different ways, for example, using helium balloons in the form of numbers. Ordinary balls are also suitable, which can be placed on the wall in the form of a treasured number. The decision to form numbers from a garland or LED strip will be very interesting; it will look futuristic in photographs. You can also draw a number from photos of friends and relatives with congratulations.
By the way, balloons and photographs are very good things for decorating a photo zone. A fountain and an arch of balloons or a poster with the most pleasant photos from a family album is a guarantee of a good mood for a birthday person and an occasion to remember funny stories at the festive table.
If you’re celebrating at home and it’s a themed party, then the decorations should match the theme. For example, if it’s a pirate party, the walls can be decorated with skull flags or treasure maps. And if the party is organized based on a movie, then cardboard figures of characters will be a good decoration.
Games and contests
Contests and fun games set the mood for the whole celebration. You should prepare tasks for the party in advance, a list of fun, funny and interesting entertainment that will also correspond to the theme of the holiday. Games should be varied, active and calm, so that guests have time to eat and quench their thirst with cool drinks.
Young people love funny entertainment, so you should start with humor, and then the general mood will make the holiday unforgettable.
Here are some examples of fun youth games.
- Crocodile. The rules of the game are very simple: before starting, you need to write words or phrases on pieces of paper. The first player draws a word from the hat and must explain this word to the rest of the players with gestures, facial expressions or dances. The next player is the one who guesses the word. To add fun to the game, you can write very unusual and interesting words, for example, lollipop, dental floss, raccoon, flea. It will be a lot of fun to watch the players try to draw such words.
- Volleyball. A classic summer activity, hover, for a young company to split into two groups and compete would be a lot of fun.
- frisbee. If you thought that frisbee is only played with dogs, then you are wrong, a flying saucer can be fun to play with friends, and it will be a great alternative to playing ball.
- Guess who you are. A game in which players give each other a word, and each participant must guess who or what he is by asking leading questions to all other players. Questions should be posed in such a way that they can only be ansred with “yes” or “no”. If it is a theme party, the game can be limited to the theme of the holiday. So you can recognize the characters of cartoons or movies from the most unexpected side, this game will definitely provide the whole company with a great mood.
A full stomach is the key to a good mood, and a good mood is exactly what achieve at the holiday. In our country, it is not customary to celebrate anything on an empty stomach, so it is worth allocating enough time to compile a full-fledged festive menu.
The choice of the main dish largely depends on the venue of the holiday. For example, in nature there is no access to a huge selection of dishes, as in a cafe, but meat and vegetables cooked on an open fire, after active outdoor games, will be very useful.
Even if you go to a cafe, you should take into account the tastes of those invited and choose suitable establishments. A company in which there is at least one vegetarian should not be taken to a meat restaurant.
If you want fine dining, look for expensive restaurants that cater to your needs.. The chefs of such establishments are real professionals ready to get acquainted with the recipes offered by customers and bring to life any vision of the menu. In cheaper cafes, the staff is likely to offer to focus on the standard menu.
Eighteenth birthday is an extraordinary day, which means and the menu must be extraordinary. To emphasize the solemnity of the moment, you should choose original dishes. Even if the main course is very simple, the focus can be on appetizers or dessert.
Snacks are that part of the meal that takes place against the backdrop of the main celebration, when guests are busy with games or competitions. During the celebration of coming of age, most of the time passes in fuss and movement, and guests eat dishes as if in beten times. Therefore, appetizers are a very important part of the menu.
Accuracy and convenience are the two main factors in the preparation of this dish. But even with such restrictions, you can cook delicious snacks that will not leave anyone indifferent.
Rolls of pancakes with fish or caviar — a cold appetizer that is perfect for a hot summer party. It combines the taste familiar to everyone since childhood and the convenience of oriental cuisine. This is, without a doubt, an exquisite dish that is not ashamed to be put on the festive table.
Tartlets - the most versatile snacks you can think of. Fillings can be made from cod liver with melted cheese, chicken with mushrooms, or red fish with cream cheese. There are also many recipes for vegetarian tartlets, for example, with tofu and mushrooms, with feta cheese, tomato and cucumber. Even for those with a set tooth, there are amazing recipes for light and airy snacks: with strawberries and vanilla cream, with chocolate and cherries, with apples and cinnamon. Such a variety will definitely appeal to young guests.
For the cold season, warm snacks will be relevant, such as hot sandwiches with ham and cheese or pita bread with eggs, cheese and herbs. You can also get by with simpler, but no less tasty snacks strung on skers, - a very light and convenient dish that does not require much effort in cooking. An olive, a cube of cheese and a slice of lemon will complement each other perfectly in this dish.
This part of the menu may seem simple, but it also needs to be taken responsibly. It is important to choose the right drink for each dish. Best for snacks cold lemonade or juice and for dessert tea or coffee.
If the celebration takes place in the summer in nature, you should take care in advance that the drinks remain cold and stock up on ice for refreshing cocktails and lemonades.
In winter, it is better to give preference to hot drinks such as tea, coffee or cocoa. After skating or a fun snowball fight, it will be nice to warm up with a mug of cocoa with marshmallows, according to the tradition of the Nordic countries.
Of course, adulthood is not complete without alcohol, but it is better to choose not too strong drinks. Also, in a young company there may be people who do not drink alcohol. It is worth thinking about this in advance and discussing alternative options for soft drinks.
Dessert should be not only tasty, but also beautiful. That’s why it is unacceptable to buy a cake in the nearest supermarket - coming of age happens only once in a lifetime, it is better to order a dessert from professional confectioners. Recently, mirror cakes have come into fashion — a very unusual, bright and tasty table decoration that can meet all the personal wishes of the customer. You can always go the proven way and order a cake decoration — figurines in the theme of the party.
Undoubtedly, a birthday cake with candles is an obligatory highlight of the program at any birthday, but you can not limit yourself to it. Fruit slices and ice cream with topping will be an excellent addition to the main dessert, and will also help to keep the girls’ figures.
Also, in order not to bother with cutting the cake, you can prepare separate cakes for guests. To have a choice, it is reasonable to provide two types of dessert.
The scenario for the anniversary of 18 years is the most interesting part of organizing the holiday, provided that it provides for the interests and hobbies of the birthday man and guests. Everyone has favorite films, series, computer games, maybe someone is fond of endless space, or vice versa — the bols of the earth.
Based on the hobbies of a friendly company, you can create the most interesting holiday scenarios.
- Space. A great idea for celebrating the eighteenth birthday of a young man who is fascinated by the endless starry sky. This scenario will immediately solve the issue of decorating the room, and the contests with the use of a telescope will perfectly complement the interesting pastime.
- Creation. For a company of girls who love needlework or fine arts, the script can be built on creativity. Creating small souvenirs or coloring a picture by numbers in a race will be interesting and fun competitions at a holiday dedicated to art.
- TV series. Favorite series, of course, is a common topic of conversation among friends. If you build a script for the holiday based on the plot of the popular TV series of recent years, then the holiday will definitely go off with a bang.
- Childhood. For each person, this day may be the last in life when you can feel like a child. Building a script around childhood and the gradual maturation of the birthday person is undoubtedly a good idea.