Two years is, perhaps, the age at which the child for the first time is a conscious participant in his own birthday. For most parents, their baby is the greatest value, and they prepare much more intensively for his holiday than for their own. This approach is correct, but let’s not forget that the hero of the occasion is already an independent person, which means that the event should revolve around him and be interesting for the child, and not just for the invited adults.
In order to correctly and sensibly celebrate the birthday of a child, you need to understand what a birthday person is like in his 2 years. In fact, many experts believe that the scenario of the first celebration in life as a whole can be repeated and it’s not worth it to puzzle too much over inventing a full-fledged scenario for the hero of the occasion — simply because he still won’t remember what is happening. Hover, one should also not forget that the holiday, first of all, is with the baby, which means that he should be at least just interested.
At the age of two, any child already has some preferences in everything that surrounds him. Some games he likes and others he doesn’t, and the same choosiness can be seen in fairy tales and cartoons. Aloud, the birthday boy is unlikely to talk about what he likes, but parents should understand how to please their child in their everyday reaction. All this information should be correctly played up when choosing a theme for the holiday: all irritants should be removed, surrounding the hero of the occasion with only what he is interested in. Hover, will talk about the choice of topics a little later.
In the meantime, it is worth paying attention to the fact that at the age of two, a baby can already be quite a social person. It all depends on the conditions in which the child was brought up up to this point — while some have to “squeeze out” every word (especially in the presence of other people’s uncles and aunts), others are happy to make contact and chat incessantly. Of course, it’s too early to talk about the presence of friends, but if it turned out that communication with peers is already taking place in one form or another, it may be worth organizing such a company on your birthday.
In general, the guests will be mostly adults, but, again, remember that this is a child’s holiday, not yours, so you should not invite people whom the birthday boy has never seen and who is not very interested in him.
Children’s celebrations are best done in a playful way, but your ideas, of course, must be realized by the efforts of a two-year-old child. There can be no question of strict adherence to the script — if the baby suddenly doesn’t like it, it is necessary to abandon what causes him grief, even if the preparation of the competition or game took a lot of time and effort.
If there are several children at the holiday, in all competitions, kids should only participate in a team with adults — the birthday boy may simply be afraid that he was put in the center in front of everyone and wants something. It is best to come up with contests that do not involve obvious losers — even adult participants should not have a hint of disappointment on their faces, because the hero of the occasion is not as incomprehensible as someone might think.
Entourage is a separate issue. Let the child not remember this day, but today he should be fine without any reservations. An integral attribute of the holiday is a large figure showing how old the hero of the occasion is — you can buy it in the form of an inflatable ball, make it yourself from cardboard or colored paper, or simply hang photos on the wall in such an order that they resemble a deuce.
If you wisely do not spend a holiday at a time when children are supposed to sleep, then bright garlands and holiday streamers will be appropriate, but not in excessively large quantities, otherwise you will not be able to put the child to bed until late at night.
Keep in mind that children, especially if there are several of them, are not interested in sitting at the table with you — they love to crawl and frolic. They have a lot of aspirations for continuous movement, but with the ability to stay on their feet, without crashing into anything, so far the trouble is, then let them have fun downstairs, as long as it is safe. For the sake of this, an entire relaxation zone is being assembled for them, for the “construction” of which absolutely any soft objects are suitable: pillows, blankets, mats, or, if available, a pear chair. You can combine all this in the most unexpected combinations to build a whole town.
Although a small child does not need a rigid scenario, it is still better to celebrate the baby’s birthday in a certain entourage, which, as said, should correspond to the tastes and preferences of the birthday person. Here are some good thematic examples for inspiration or even emulation.
- Little builder. The best option for a boy is that there is no such kid who did not try to build or repair something in childhood. Here, hover, consider another point: it is often more interesting for a child to break rather than build, so a good organizer, in addition to a conditional block constructor, will also provide a toy hammer — to make it more convenient to crush. Toy equipment for the entourage will also be in the subject.
Congratulations in the form of road signs can add color, and the overall gamut is best kept in black and orange.
- Tutti Frutti. Although formally such a scenario is suitable for a child regardless of gender, it is often considered optimal for a girl. This is where you don’t have to rack your brains much — it is important that there are as many different fruits as possible on the table, not only tasty, but also beautiful! Printed images of fruits are also hung on the walls, but preferably not those that are not on the table — why tease the appetite of those present in vain? In games, fruit motives are also pursued, if there are toys in the form of fruits, it’s generally excellent.
- Young farmer. Another option that will be equally interesting to children of any gender, because many kids are very fond of the theme of animals, as ll as bright and beautiful vegetables and fruits. If the child has at least a general idea of what the garden looks like, then such a scenario may be very interesting to him.
For color, you can use a scarecrow layout in the interior of the room, toys in the form of any agricultural implements, whether it be rakes, shovels or buckets, decorative bags of hay.
In a similar way, parents can come up with a specific theme for the celebration and create props for a home event with their own hands. If it is decided to celebrate not at home, but in some public institution, entirely focused on young visitors, then the local animators will offer a lot of interesting ideas and active assistance in creating the required entourage. Thanks to this approach, it is not at all difficult to organize a believable holiday in the style of, for example, Masha and the Bear.
Both children and adults need to do something interesting at the holiday — you can’t just eat all the time! The entertainment program will consist of very simple games for the birthday boy and his friends, if any, but adults can afford contests in their own circle. - they can solve more complex problems and will not be too upset even if they lose.
If an adult company celebrates in a sense separately from the kids, then full-fledged contests can be invented for them — with the only difference being that the topic of the hero of the occasion or childhood as a whole should be disclosed. Here are a couple of good ideas.
- Birthday quiz. There are no random guests at such a holiday, but you can always check which of those present knows better a few facts about the life of the hero of the occasion. Questions are given to the participants in random order and in equal numbers, they relate to what time the child was born and in what maternity hospital, what is his favorite food now, a cartoon, and so on. The winner is determined by the most correct ansrs and can claim a symbolic prize.
- Let’s remember childhood. Gathering about the holiday with a child, adults inevitably remember their own childhood. This idea can be turned into a game if the conditional presenter shows the guests the heroes of popular cartoons of past decades, and they will have to guess who is meant. Alternatively, the host can change — whoever guesses correctly will be the next host. Then it is logical that the cards with the characters be painted in advance, and everyone draws them at random.
Entertainment for kids should be subordinate to the general theme of the holiday, or at least not explicitly contradict it. Above, have proposed three different options for a thematic holiday — accordingly, will offer one game for each of them, and then you yourself will show your imagination and diversify the program of the evening.
- Roads with obstacles. One of the versions of the good old maze with obstacles in the form of pillows, toys and similar harmless things. You can walk around such a town on foot or “drive a car”, which the kids will surely be very happy about.
- Fruit coloring pages. Why not — children are very fond of such entertainment, and it fits perfectly into the Tutti-frutti format. Naturally, will color the fruits. At the same time, kids should not be driven into the generally accepted framework — even if they completely mix up the colors and draw you a blue apple or a green peach, they are just having fun, not passing the exam.
- Horse racing. Typical “farm” fun that kids should like. As a horse, use everything that even remotely looks like it — if there is no mask in the form of a head of the required size, stuff a sock with synthetic winterizer and put it on a stick. Jumping is more fun to the music, and even more so — in the company of true friends!
How to end the holiday in an original way?
Because of a childish whim, the hero of the occasion may want to end the celebration earlier than planned, and in order for this not to happen, you just need to remember that fatigue in two-year-old children is expressed, unlike an adult, more pronounced. Therefore, the end of the evening should be relatively early, but such that the guests not only do not get offended, but also understand that the scenario is logically completed.
Here are some options for a beautiful finish are allod.
- Thanksgiving rhyme on behalf of the hero of the occasion. One of the adults reads it, expressing gratitude supposedly to the kid himself with a clear hint that I really liked it, but I was tired. This option is good because it can be played even with an unforeseen end of the evening — it will turn out very believable. Of course, the rhyme is read after the tired birthday man was taken to bed.
- Distribution of gifts to guests. Those arriving hardly expect that they will get presents on someone else’s birthday — the more it will surprise and delight them. Sets or small toys for children, photographs of the hero of the occasion or CDs with a film about him for adults are an unambiguous signal that the holiday is over, but if someone could have been disappointed by this, then it is leveled by a pleasant surprise.
- Launching sky lanterns or balloons into the sky. Later, a few years later, fireworks will be a chic option — now it will rather scare a child. But something beautiful and bright that flies into the sky is very spectacular and symbolic. The main thing is not to go too far, otherwise it may seem to the baby that he has just lost the most important thing, because in his eyes the most valuable thing is what looks beautiful.
How to celebrate a baby’s birthday at 2 years old, see below.