Fifteenth birthday is one of the last “children’s” birthdays (just don’t tell the hero of the occasion about it — he himself no longer considers himself a child). The specific features of this age somehow affect the holding of the event — it is difficult to please the birthday man, but it is all the more important to achieve this. With a certain amount of imagination, any parent is quite capable of solving the problem.
Features of the organization of the holiday
For a teenager, there is no worse punishment than celebrating a 15th birthday with boring family gatherings at home. Now he is more capricious than ever, so for an ideal celebration, the following points must be taken into account.
- A teenager wants to spend a holiday with friends, and this is normal. If you consider it necessary to definitely celebrate this day in a large family circle, then at least give an alternative — the opportunity to celebrate separately with “your own”. Give maximum freedom in terms of choice of guests, menu and other aspects.
- Teenagers experience a huge craving for “harmful” food, and on a holiday with a birthday boy, it’s better not to argue about this. For that matter, parents themselves can dilute fast food with delicious and healthier salads.
- Some birthday people are completely lost when they are offered to independently choose a scenario for their own holiday, and cannot offer anything worthwhile at all. In this situation, lend a helping hand, offer an original scenario, for example, a themed event at home.
As an alternative, you can go to bowling, laser tag, a water park — and anywhere, as long as the company has fun there.
Where and how can you celebrate?
Above, have already touched on this topic a little, but let’s be objective — at the age of 15, the child is very self-willed, and then there is also a mini-anniversary, I want something special and outstanding. Faced with the fact that he cannot even come up with a venue for the celebration, the hero of the occasion will come to the disappointing conclusion that there are only troubles from the holidays, and he will be completely upset.
Let’s give some good ideas of where to go for a young company.
- Country locations. From many points of view, this option is optimal — it is equally suitable for boys and girls, it involves relatively low costs and a huge amount of outdoor entertainment. Think for yourself: here you have a fire, and active games, and darts, and fresh air, and food from the fire, and songs with a guitar! The important thing is that a noisy company will not bother anyone, and the only obstacle may be unsatisfactory ather or the fact that the holiday did not fall during the outing season.
- Amusement park. It is difficult to find a teenager who does not like rides — he does not want to go there with adults, but he would go with friends with pleasure. Here there is a unique occasion to gather everyone on one day and invite them to ride with their parents’ money — both girls and boys will be delighted!
- Karaoke club. Let’s say right away that this is not an option for every person — you need to have a certain artistry and self-confidence in order to go on stage and sing into a microphone. An important detail: all those present should fit this description, and not just the birthday person, otherwise the latter will have to entertain the guests alone.
This idea of a young company can only be thrown up, but it is definitely not worth insisting on it.
- Laser tag. You should not think that only boys like to play “shooters” — if are not talking about a computer game, but about a real competition, then girls will also participate with pleasure. If the “more serious” paintball involves an open area and rather painful hits with paint balls, then indoor laser tag is ideal in terms of safety even for children — “wounds” are applied here with a painless laser.
- Skating rink or rollerdrome. Many teenagers are not interested in just walking — they prefer to ride. To do this, again, is more interesting in the company of friends, but usually someone does not have either time or money, and on his birthday all these problems for the birthday boy disappear. Please note that such entertainment will definitely not take too much time, and on the same ice rink you can get tired and freeze a little, so after the active part of the event it is worth considering gatherings with tea and cakes.
- Professional photo session. As a rule, this is a sensible option for a purely female company, because it is no secret that many ladies, even very young ones, are very fond of posing and generally presenting themselves as models. In the company of girlfriends, you can take a lot of photos that will later be associated with childhood and will help you get through the breakup more easily when someone leaves to enter another city in the near future.
- Bowling. It can be assumed that in childhood, none of the invitees personally knew bowling, although everyone probably knows it as a rather aristocratic pastime. Accordingly, for teenagers, this is just the kind of holiday that allows you to feel almost completely grown-up, and they will be delighted. Since ball rolling is a kind of sport, you should choose comfortable clothes, but a full-fledged table is not required for such establishments — they are more focused on light snacks for quick recovery.
Contests and games
Teenagers know how to spend a huge amount of time in the company of friends, just talking on numerous topics of interest, but a birthday is not an ordinary day, and it must be diluted with some interesting program without fail. The event will be remembered much more strongly if it is supplemented with fun and funny contests and games.
The beauty of having a birthday party at home is that you have a lot of different equipment at hand, and in general, you certainly don’t bother anyone. Taking advantage of these advantages, you can come up with the following entertainment.
- Wash the guests. Both single participants and teams can participate in this wonderful fun. Each is given a basin of water in which apples float — 5–6 pieces will be enough. Participants will have to catch fruit, holding their hands behind their backs, that is, with their mouths, and they will do it for a while, who is faster, and even with provocative music! If teams have been recruited to participate, the active team member changes after each pulled apple.
- Check out your back. A curious competition with wrestling elements suggests that there are two participants, each of whom has a sign with one completely random word on his back. Each player goes to the enemy in such a way that at first he cannot see the opponent’s back, and the task, accordingly, is to read the word “enemy” and shout it out, so that the defeated one does not see your word! In a large company, it is better to play this game according to the cup system, when the winners go to the next round and eventually choose the most important winner, but then for each round you need new signs that no one has seen before, and it is also worth considering a fair draw scheme.
- Fairy tale summary. All teenagers think they are adults and probably understand that soon each of them will have to get a job and write a resume, praising themselves as a professional — this is taught in modern high school. The seed looks boring, but the plot is much more fun: pre-selected participants are faced with the fact that they are applying for very colorful positions of characters in famous fairy tales. For example, Carlson, Baba Yaga and Koschei the Immortal, Baron Munchausen and Old Man Hottabych are suitable as such characters.
The winner is not determined by the results of this game, but if the invited guys with imagination and, possibly, self-criticism are all right, then those present will have to laugh a lot.
In the cafe
If a separate room has been allocated for your evening, and you do not interfere with other people present, you can deploy a whole competitive program for the 15th anniversary of your daughter or son, and some interesting competitions can even be held right at the table.
Here are some ideas.
- Theater director. The essence of the idea is very simple: those present are divided into several groups of 2–4 people, after which the host announces one for all (or each his own) ll-known phrase like “Our Tanya is crying loudly, she dropped a ball into the river.” After that, each team must choose the genre of the future performance, such as a detective or drama, and after a short time, for example, a quarter of an hour, put it on for those present. There will be no winners here — more precisely, all participants can be attributed to this category.
- Dancing with a mop. The principle of this game is similar to “The sea worries once”, but first you need to recruit an unpaired number of participants, ideally so that there are equal numbers of representatives of different sexes, except for one “extra” person. This “unfortunate” is handed a mop, and everyone else breaks into pairs and begins to dance to the music, while a loner waltzes with a mop. When the host sees that many have already relaxed, the music suddenly turns off and you need to change your partner as soon as possible — the “happy owner” of the mop also gets this right. After that, everything repeats until the next turn off the music. The players, not wanting to dance with a mop, quickly realize that any living person is suitable for the role of a partner, so the most unexpected pairs are formed.
- Explosive hugs. You must participate in this game in pairs, and the organizer will have to prepare several already inflated balloons in an equal amount for each pair. The task of the participants is to stand facing each other and, squeezing the ball with their bodies without the participation of hands, burst it. You can use your hands only to take the next ball and fix it beten the participants; it is forbidden to hold several balls on the ight at once. The pair that completes the task faster wins.
You can find a lot of ready-made birthday scenarios on the Internet, but let’s be honest: all these endless poetic performances on behalf of the presenter, to put it mildly, smack of mothballs and are unlikely to cause great delight among young people. Instead, it is better to sketch the script yourself, starting from the fact that the holiday will be thematic — perhaps then endless poems and pathos will not sound, but what is happening will be much more like a real modern holiday. It remains to figure out where to take the current topic.
One of the easiest ways is to ask what other holidays fall on the birthday of the birthday person. In recent years, a lot of strange and unknown holidays have been invented, like the same smiley day — these are the topics that should be developed indefinitely, not forgetting, hover, that still celebrate name days. For example, on the day of hugs, the above-described dances with a mop and explosive hugs should simply be, and the host at the right time only inserts the phrase that today is hug day, which means that all games will be paired and very contact.
Cosmonautics Day generally allows the imagination to accelerate to the limit: imitate the starry sky with the help of foil stars, create a “space” playlist for the evening, come up with a special menu for astronauts (dishes can be ordinary, as long as they have appropriate appropriate names).
If there is a photo zone, then there must be a rocket in any form, and tasks and competitions must inevitably involve checking the vestibular apparatus!
You can go an even simpler way and find out from the hero of the day what his hobbies are, what is important for him, what he is interested in. There are not so many chess players among modern youth, but just imagine: the guests are fundamentally dressed only in black and white (it is desirable that the costumes be completely plain), the entire decor is designed in the same range, there are real chess pieces on the tables. You can also come up with toasts to match, for example, “I wish you, my king, to meet a real queen,” or “may in your life, oh queen, it will be possible to walk in any direction.”
In the end, you can just make a holiday based on a popular movie or book — “Harry Potter”, “Lord of the Rings”, “Star Wars” and similar super hits immediately come to mind. At a celebration dedicated to young wizards, it is quite possible to come up with a potions contest: pre-select pairs of participants and only then tell them that their task is to mix two or more drinks from among the presented ones, in order to drink later.