Coming up with interesting contests and games for the birthday of adults is not an easy task. It is necessary to take into account the age of the guests, their preferences, the interests of the birthday man himself. Ready-made funny games for a fun company, entertainment for the home, available for indoors or outdoors, will help save the day, delight guests at the holiday.
Funny and simple table games
Coming up with birthday entertainment for adults, you should not limit your imagination. Even with minimal props, you can organize fun games suitable for a feast. Entertainment programs with balloons or prizes, funny riddles will help to defuse the atmosphere. In the most difficult situations, modern and classic games will come to the aid of the organizer of the holiday, capable of uniting even a company of people unfamiliar with each other.
There are a lot of ideas for contests in which one of the guests has to guess something. For a birthday, you should choose the most fun and harmless of them.
- “Guess who?”. For the competition you will need stickers with an adhesive strip and markers. Names of objects or names of characters are written on pieces of paper. Leaves are attached to the back. Each guest will have to guess who he is by simply asking leading questions to those around him.
- “Song without Words”. A team competition that allows you to quickly introduce and rally guests. They are divided into groups, they are handed leaflets with the names of popular, ll-known songs. After a short preparation, the guests will have to depict, with the help of gestures and facial expressions, the plot of the piece of music they have received.
- “Evening of Memories” Each of the guests describes to the birthday boy some event that connects them with just 3 words. As a basis, you can take the time and place of acquaintance or other memorable moments. If the birthday boy guesses, the guest receives a prize; in case of a mistake, the protagonist of the celebration will have to fulfill someone else’s desire.
For this game, you will have to prepare a set of cards with questions and ansrs in advance. They are mixed separately for each group. Then they are placed in hats or bags. The host draws a card with a question, and the player takes a random ansr. The funnier and more unusual the prepared options are, the more fun the competition will be. This is a great way to relieve the atmosphere at the table if the guests are not yet familiar with each other.
A classic game that can be used to organize birthday entertainment. Its essence is simple: the host pronounces in the ear of 1 participant in the chain the word or phrase to be transmitted. From guest to guest, it is pronounced so that it is not heard by other participants. The last one in the chain says aloud what has come to him. The more difficult the pronunciation of the given word, the more fun the game is.
The most favorite contests at any feast are connected with songs. In this case, the guests are divided into teams: on opposite sides of the table, in families or randomly, but in such a way that it is convenient to discuss the tactics of the game. There are three interesting ideas for holding contests.
- “Questions and ansrs”. Guests are divided into teams. The first performs a line from a popular song containing a question. The second team must find and sing the musical ansr in 20–30 seconds. Guests who do not find the right line are eliminated from the fight.
- “Drunken Songs” Guests should remember as many works related to alcoholic beverages as possible. The mention of them does not have to be present in the title. The survey is conducted in a chain with the elimination of participants who did not remember the desired work.
- Guess the song from the ending. Assignments are prepared on cards. They indicate 1–4 lines of the final song. The task of the team is to remember and name or sing the whole piece.
This is only a small part of the popular song contests. You can use other ideas that are appropriate during the feast, show imagination and ingenuity to amuse the guests.
Even sitting at the table, it is quite possible to have fun. Enough to offer guests memorable entertainment.
- “Congratulations from the heart.” For this competition, you will need a sheet of paper or several, if there are many guests, a paper clip and a pen. The host writes a general phrase at the top with the name of the birthday man. The sheet is then handed over to the first guest. He reads the wish, bends it in the opposite direction, writes his phrase, the next guests do the same — humor is lcome, because in the finale the hero of the occasion will read the resulting collective congratulation aloud.
- “Collection”. Guests are provided with a set of objects, they are invited to guess what semantic load they carry. Usually the set is compiled according to the first letters of the name of the hero of the occasion, but a more complex plot can also be encrypted. The guest who put forward the correct version gets “trophies” as a prize — things from an impromptu collection. You can take fruits or sets for these purposes.
- “Culinary Vinaigrette” If the guests are bored, but not yet ready for active games, you can offer them a new version of the ll-known game of “Cities”. Only instead of toponyms, use the names of products or dishes. Those players who cannot continue the chain are eliminated.
- “Praise”. Guests will have to compliment the owner of the house or the hero of the day. All ansrs are recorded, it is impossible to repeat, but the host can suggest possible options. Anyone who cannot come up with a decent ansr is out. The more magnificent and flory the compliments, the better.
If the guests do not know each other, you can hold a blitz contest, allowing you to find out more about the members of the assembled company. The host needs to draw up a set of characteristics for each guest, enter them into the cards. You can specify a profession, gender, hobbies — interview guests in advance, making verbal portraits as interesting and non-standard as possible.
Guessing who is a climber in the company, and who is mastering alpine skiing in his free time, is much more interesting than just sitting and being bored, immediately forgetting the names of the neighbors on the table.
Fun dance entertainment
In order for guests not to be too bored while sitting at the table, it is worth diversifying entertainment. For example, offer guests dance competitions in which they can express themselves from an unexpected side.
- “Dance Journey” For the competition, you will first have to select incendiary music, characteristic of different countries of the world. Guests will dance under it. It is best to start with relatively slow compositions, gradually picking up the tempo. The one who can complete the entire marathon to the end will be the winner. In addition, the birthday boy can establish his own awards: for the most incendiary or bold dance, for a sense of rhythm.
- “Dancing on the Newspaper” A pair or single competition, during which the participants must perform their steps exclusively on the surface of a sheet of printed press spread on the floor. The difficulty lies in the fact that with each change of melody, the area of the paper dance floor decreases — it is folded. The longer the participant can hold out, the better.
- “It’s a couples dance.” Participants of the competition are divided into pairs, 1 of their legs is connected. After that, short musical passages are included, under which the newly-minted dancers must together depict suitable movements. Those who fail to do so are out. This competition is especially suitable for companies where everyone knows each other for a long time.
- “Change of image”. Guests in the lottery format get various accessories and wardrobe items that will be used in the dance. It can be a wig, a cowboy hat, a scarf and felt boots. The most resourceful and artistic participants are awarded prizes.
Dance competitions are difficult to hold indoors. For such entertainment, rented venues are more suitable: restaurant halls or banquet halls. In this case, guests will have a place to turn around.
Mobile contests for different companies
In order for the guests not to get bored, the birthday man or the one who has taken on the role of host will have to make some efforts. The easiest way is to offer participants easy tasks that do not require special skills or experience. A quick change of activity, the alternation of calm and active activities will make the holiday enjoyable for both the birthday man and the guests. The best version of the competition can be found in the selection with an overview of the most interesting entertainment.
The more people involved in the entertainment, the better. This rule should be follod when looking for suitable birthday contests.
- “Guess what”. For this competition, a rope with objects attached to it is pulled in the hall. The guests are blindfolded in turn, offering to guess by touch which objects they are touching. The more ambiguous the choice of subjects, the better. You can prepare several ropes with different sets to confuse guests.
- “Centipedes”. Guests are divided into 2 teams, stand in a line, holding their hands on the shoulders or waist of the previous participant. The centipedes then receive tasks. You can offer them to run around the obstacle as quickly as possible, and then return to the finish line. To complicate the task will allow squatting or the need to move “snake”.
- “Waiters”. In this competition, guests are divided into 2 teams of 5–7 people. They are given a tray each, at the start a large basket with balls is installed. Putting them on a tray, the players must go the distance, rounding the obstacle at the finish line, and then return. Each subsequent participant puts 1 more ball on the tray, complicating the task.
The more guests, the more fun. In companies, it is good to hold games that require skill competitions or funny comic contests with creative overtones.
An excellent solution would be a competitive program in a competitive spirit for the women’s and men’s teams.
For a small company, competitions that do not require division into pairs or teams are suitable. For example, “Chamomile” with tasks written on the petals. In addition, you can play Crocodile or arrange a competition for the most creative toast. Also, among the interesting entertainment for a small company, two more competitions can be distinguished.
- “Zhmurki with a bell.” A classic game that can be played even indoors. The leader fastens bells or bells on his clothes, the rest of the players blindfold. Their task is to catch a person moving without a bandage, focusing only on sound. This is a fun outdoor game for a youth company.
- “The bottle is not according to the rules.” All tasks will concern the birthday boy. Guests write them on sheets of paper, fold them into tubes, and then place them in the neck of the bottle. Then it is rotated. The one to whom the neck points must draw out the task and complete it.
What to play taking into account the venue of the holiday?
Fun moving or quiet games can be played both indoors and outdoors. Choosing a country house or recreation center for such an event can be an excellent opportunity to use a variety of ideas when organizing entertainment. For example, in winter, you can use skis, sleds, or test your accuracy in throwing snowballs. Summer is a great occasion to organize a mini-quest in nature. Hover, even indoors there is always something to entertain the guests and the birthday boy.
At home, there is not much space for active entertainment. But here you can organize games in a more relaxed atmosphere. For example, forfeits are always ll organized at home — a traditional fun with a long history. In honor of the birthday, the birthday person himself will decide what exactly the owner of the item will do.
Moreover, you can play a trick on the participants by offering them not quite ordinary, but safe options for tasting products, such as soy sauce, tabasco or lemon juice.
On the street
You can also organize a quiz or arrange a blind man’s buff. An interesting entertainment can be a “blind” tasting of drinks. For her, the most courageous and strong men are selected. After 3–4 changes of drinks, even ordinary water will be perceived differently.
Depending on the season, outdoor play may involve the use of a variety of equipment. Growing up from childhood, guests are usually happy to immerse themselves in an atmosphere of carefree fun. In the country house or in the yard of a country house, at a picnic in the forest in winter, you can organize a relay race with a sleigh. Suitable “glaciers” or “cheesecakes”, hunting “drags”. The more storage capacity the better. Then act consistently.
- A long rope is tied to the sled. 1 set per team.
- The volunteer or the strongest participant from each group goes “to the opposite shore” — he is a ferryman.
- The rest stay at the start. One person gets into the sled. The ferryman ferries them to him.
- The freed sledges are delivered to the start. Whoever manages to transport all team members to the finish line first, wins.
- If the sleigh overturns during the crossing, the fallen person is out of the game. The winner is also determined by the number of transported guests.
Winter relay races and games can be significantly diversified using the appropriate equipment. Snow hacks, mini-skis and sleds will do, you can even create an impromptu obstacle course or blind 2 snow fortresses in advance, declaring the yard a territory of battles for the kingdom, or build a labyrinth of ice blocks.
- “Snow bullfight”. Bull masks are prepared for guests. The host picks up a red cloth — even a tablecloth will do. 3–4 people on a team rush to the “toreador”, trying to hit the “cloak” with their horns. The one who succeeds is declared the winner, the most successful “bulls” fight in repeated rounds.
- Ski relay. Guests are divided into teams. Then they put on mini-skis and start, trying to go around the obstacle as quickly as possible, to reach the finish line. The team that succeeds the fastest wins.
- Accuracy check. To play, you will need a target with the indicated points and snowballs. Participants are given 5 attempts. The one who scores more points than the others by throwing snowballs wins.
Outdoor games in the summer are even more varied. For example, you can arrange a broom race, armed with the traditional inventory of janitors. Jumping with such equipment beten the legs is not too easy. The game is suitable for organizing a team relay race if the guests are appropriately dressed. Ladies in pantyhose and stockings, in heels, such entertainment is unlikely to please.
For a summer birthday celebration, a riddle quest will be the best choice as entertainment. Hints are hidden on the site, guests are provided with cards, and the hidden prize will be a worthy reward for the winner. At one of the stages, a birthday boy with a portion of riddles can expect them. This will allow him to feel like a full owner of the holiday.