Arranging an unforgettable birthday or family holiday for your child is not difficult at all. The most important thing is to prepare a lot of fun games and competitions. Consider the most original ideas for entertaining children of different ages.
Interesting competitions at the table
During the holiday, it is better to alternate mobile entertainment with calm ones. There are many games that can be played at the table.
- Joint postcard. The participants of the game are offered to draw one big postcard for the hero of the occasion. To do this, each player is given a few minutes to draw an object.
- Nesmeyana. Usually such a competition is held with girls, but cheerful boys will surely like it. You need to choose one princess Nesmeyana. All the other children should take turns trying to make her laugh. The one who succeeds will become the next Nesmeyana.
- Draw a face. Give the children prepared portraits prepared in advance without traced faces. Have the children draw their own eyes, mouth, and nose. Older children can be offered funny experiments, let them portray different emotions — surprise, laughter, sadness, falling in love and others.
- Remember appearance. This game can be played in a company where children do not know each other ll. Participants are divided into pairs and allocate some time to study the appearance of a partner, and then turn back to back. The rest of the guests should ask questions about the external characteristics of the players, for example: what color of eyes does he have, how many buttons does his partner have on his jacket, what color are his sneakers? The pair that gives the maximum number of correct ansrs will be declared the winner.
- Nonsense. Each player is given a piece of paper. The host of the game asks several questions — who, where, when, what he saw, what he did, what he said. Players must write their ansr, then wrap the top edge of the sheet and pass it to the neighbor on the left so that he does not see what was written. When the sheet goes around all the participants in a circle, the host of the fun collects them and reads the resulting text out loud. Sometimes it turns out nonsense, but in some cases — a real scream.
- Board games. A good option to end the party when you need to calm the merry and raging kids a little. It can be any games — “guessing”, “rpg”, cards, strategies or logical tasks. Most importantly, they should be selected taking into account the interests of the child and his age.
- We write a fairy tale. To organize this fun, you will need a piece of paper and a pen. Players are divided into two teams, the host calls any fairy tale known to all the guys. Participants choose a hero who committed a particular act, and on the basis of this fairy tale they try to compose a new one, but arranged in a modern manner. You can play in teams or individually, in any case it will be fun and exciting.
Movable children’s entertainment
Outdoor activities are especially popular with children. There are also many options for organizing such leisure.
Children willingly take part in team competitions, and there are many such.
- The most accurate. Place the basin at a distance of 2–5 m from the players. The task of the participants is to throw as many balls into this container as possible. To make the idea more fun, you can decorate the pelvis, for example, in the form of a dragon’s head and announce to the guys that you are throwing food into his mouth, and if the dragon remains hungry, he will get angry.
- Cats and mice. Traditional catch-ups never go out of style. Depending on the hobbies of the child, you can slightly upgrade them. For example, instead of a cat, announce a monster, a dragon, or an evil wizard as the leader.
- Overcoming an obstacle. Place disposable cups in a row so that the distance beten them is 20–30 cm. Invite the players to take turns jumping over this obstacle. As you progress through the game, gradually complicate the task — for this you need to put the cups higher and higher.
- Bowling. A fun game for kids of all ages to enjoy. All you need is just to buy skittles and a regular ball, they are sold in any sporting goods and toy store. Players must try to knock down all the pins in one run.
- Water carriers. To play the game, the participants are divided into two or three teams, each is given a small plastic bucket. It is important that the capacity of all teams is the same, otherwise it will not be possible to determine the winner. The attraction is held on sites 15–20 m long. Participants line up at the start. At the referee’s signal, the first player must run to the end of the track and return, after which they pass the bucket to their friend. The goal is to run the distance as fast as possible while splashing as little water as possible.
Dance events never lose their relevance. You can come up with different types of games.
- Disco. It is difficult to imagine a holiday without cheerful dances. Gather all participants of the event in one big circle. Turn on a cut of popular music and invite the participants to repeat the dance moves after the leader. The meaning of the game is to ensure that each child can offer his dance, and the rest repeat after him.
- Steps. This game is similar to the first one. But the difference is that during the dance, the leader should try to quietly step on the foot of one of the participants. Players, in turn, must try to dodge. Anyone who fails to do so becomes the new leader.
- Ball dance. All participants are divided into pairs and music is turned on. Each couple should hold a balloon with their foreheads and dance while doing it. Whoever lasts the longest without dropping the ball is the winner.
Fun games for different ages
In order for the holiday to be a success, the age of the participants should be taken into account when selecting games.
- River. To organize this game, you will need a large piece of blue matter — it will be a river. Two adults are invited to raise and lor the canvas. Kids at this time should run under the “river” back and forth. At a musical signal, the canvas lors, the task of the children is not to be caught.
- Lost color. The rules of the game are simple. After the host says: “One-two-three, you need to find the green color,” those present should try to find the indicated shade in the setting of the festive room or on the clothes of the guests as soon as possible and put their hand on it. The player who could not find the right shade is out. Everyone else continues to act until only one participant remains.
- Reel it up. To participate in the competition, you will need two people, twine and a couple of spools. A knot in a contrasting color is tied to the thread in the middle. The goal of the players is to wind the rope onto the reel as soon as possible. The one who can reach the node first will be the winner.
- Architect. Divide those present into separate teams. Give them cubes — the guys must alternately put them on top of each other so that they do not fall. The players with the tallest tor win.
- Cats and puppies. For this fun, you will again have to divide the participants into teams, two of each are chosen, they are declared a dog and a cat. All other children are their children. Puppies and kittens should mix with each other and begin to meow and bark loudly. The task of “moms” is to gather all the pets around them as quickly as possible.
- Race. This competition will surely appeal to the boys. They are given the same cars and planted near the start line. Players must run their cars for the maximum distance. Whose car travels the longest distance wins.
- Choose a prize. Small prizes are hung on a stretched string — key rings, magnets, small toys or pencils. Participants are blindfolded and slightly untwisted. After that, the guys should try to choose a prize for themselves and cut it off with their eyes closed.
For 7–10 years old
- Extra chair. Quite old fun, but it remains a favorite of children of all ages. For the game, you need to prepare chairs, their number should be 1 less than the number of players. To the music, the guys run around the chairs. As soon as the melody stops, they must take an empty seat. Anyone who does not have enough space is out of the competition. The game continues until one person remains on the field.
- Mummy. For this entertainment, you will need one participant from each team and toilet paper rolls. The task of the players is to wrap their participant in paper in the manner of a mummy. Those who complete their task the fastest win.
- Chicken paw. For this fun, participants will have to hold a pencil or brush beten two fingers on their feet. Their task is to try to write on paper the phrase: “Happy birthday” or some other text suitable for the occasion. The winner is the one who does it more accurately and faster.
- Scarecrow. Children are divided into several pairs. Jumpers, blouses, sundresses, trousers, skirts, scarves, glasses and other clothes are laid out in front of each. The task of the participants is to dress up a funny scarecrow as soon as possible. The one with the most original one wins.
Picking up entertainment for teenagers is not so easy. The ideas must be very funny so that the players put their gadgets aside.
- Pantomime. This game is known to many as “crocodile”. One of the contestants receives a secret word. The task is to try to explain it to the other players using gestures and facial expressions. You can’t use speech or point at any objects here. Participants try to express their assumptions. And the leader shows with signs whether they are close to the truth. If things come to a standstill, then you can try to show the word in parts. The guesser takes the place of the leader.
- Twister. A fun game that not only teenagers, but also their adults will play with pleasure. The most important thing is to prepare the field and select a leader, he will tell the moves for the main players.
- Mafia. The game is very popular among adults. All players are secretly divided into civilians and mafiosi. Residents are tired of the mafia and want to get rid of it. The mafia, in turn, declares war on the townspeople. The task is complicated by the fact that no one knows what role the neighbors play. The task of the players is to calculate the traitors.
- What? Where? When? For intellectual teenagers, games based on the program “What? Where? When?”. The guys will have to demonstrate ingenuity, ingenuity and deep knowledge in different areas.
Very often, the room at children’s parties is decorated with balloons. They are also used in different games.
- Air football. A pair of players are placed at opposite ends of the table. Draw a line in the middle with chalk. The participant’s task is to blow a balloon or a small ball onto the opponent’s side.
- Fight against the virus. Imagine that balloons are viruses. To do this, they are painted with evil and scary muzzles with the help of felt-tip pens. Team players are placed at different points in the room, each participant is given a fork in his hands. On command, the children begin to pop the balls with these forks. The participants who overcome all the viruses first are considered the winners.
- Air battle. Break those present into separate teams and divide the room into two halves using markings. Everyone is given balls. Players need to try to throw as many inflated balls as possible to the side of the enemy to the music. As soon as the music stops, the calculations are summed up. The team with the fest balls is declared the winner.
- Barrel. This is a very funny game. It will require several incompletely inflated balloons and a large garbage bag. From each team, an adult participant is selected, who stands in a bag with slots for legs, and holds it with his hands, creating a semblance of a barrel. The task of the other players is to throw as many balloons into the “barrel” as possible.
- Wish ball. This is more likely not a game, but a good idea to end the festive evening. There are no winners here. The competition is aimed at achieving universal fun and at the same time the opportunity to believe in real magic. To play, you will need a large helium balloon. The guys draw their wishes on it in the form of pictures — a smile, a car, a new house, a delicious cake, love, in a word, whoever is in what much. When the whole balloon is painted, it is released into the sky. It is believed that in this case, the wish will come true.
In recent years, quests have become very popular. This is a multi-way search game, which, depending on the age of the participants, can consist of 5–10 stages. Its essence lies in the fact that at each stage a task is given. After completing it, the participants receive a hint on where to look for the next one. At the final stage, players find a cake, gifts, or some other prize.
Tasks can be very different. Very popular are:
- logical tasks;
- disappearing ink;
- mirror image;
- puzzles and ciphers.
When creating a quest, it is necessary to take into account the interests of the child. It can be the theme of Harry Potter, pirates, minions, Among us and many others. Such a game is often arranged on the eve of the New Year, then children are invited to find stolen gifts from Santa Claus.
In addition to dancing, sports, intellectual games, there are other entertainments. Here it is necessary to focus on the interests of the participants of the holiday.
- Young artists. Have the children draw. Have them create a fictional character and draw it all together. To do this, each participant in turn closes their eyes, is given a pencil, and he must blindly draw on paper an arm, leg, eye hair, or some other part of the body. Usually such a picture turns out to be quite funny.
- Karaoke. A lot of people love to sing. You can arrange a small solo competition. Whoever scores the most points while performing popular songs will be the winner. Songs are chosen according to the age of the children.
The game “Wow-wow” is very popular. Despite the unusual name, guests here will not have to portray dogs and bark loudly. To implement the idea, you only need a projector and a large screen.
Guests are divided into two teams, and it does not matter the total number of participants in each of them. A frame from the film is shown on the screens, while the faces of the actors are covered with masks in the form of dogs — hence the name. The team that guesses the movie first wins.
The trick is that after the correct ansr, a splash screen appears on the screen, which indicates who will perform the incendiary dance: the team of losers or the team of winners. At the same time, the dance is performed not arbitrary, but the one that is shown on the screen. Players need to exactly repeat all the movements that they see in the clip.
In conclusion, will give some general recommendations for organizing entertaining games for children of different ages.
- If you are planning an outdoor holiday, then include as many active outdoor games as possible in it.
- In a home event, on the contrary, it is better to give preference to table games.
- If not only children, but also their parents are present at the holiday, be sure to come up with several joint games.
- If during the competition you felt that the guys did not like this fun, replace it with another, more fun one. Therefore, when preparing a holiday, be sure to have an arsenal of several games in stock.
- Well, of course, be sure to encourage the guys with small souvenirs and prizes for each game. This will make them even more interested.