Not every teenager knows how he or she would like to celebrate their birthday. From this, of course, it is not easier for parents, because they often do not receive an ansr to a question from their children. Some of the teenagers do not like to attract excessive attention from the outside, while others, on the contrary, want to be at the epicenter of all events at any holiday. In many ways, the celebration will depend on the nature of the teenager, his preferences and desires. Next, will take a closer look at interesting ideas for celebrating a teenager’s birthday, consider the rules for organizing a holiday, contests and games, and also get acquainted with ready-made scenarios.
Rules for organizing a holiday
In order for the holiday to go off with a bang, the first thing you should not forget about before starting the organization is the preferences of your child. Only after listening to his ideas and expectations is it worth moving on to the initial stage of preparing the celebration. It often happens that a child does not want a magnificent holiday at all, which is imposed on him by his parents. This point should definitely be taken into account, because a teenager may want to call only a few friends.
To properly organize a party, it is very important to plan it correctly. Do not refuse help if one of the relatives expressed a desire to help organize the holiday.
First, it is important to determine all financial points, as ll as think about an approximate budget. It is worth considering and writing down how much money will be spent on food, home decoration, small gifts to guests if contests are held, and also do not forget about possible other related expenses. Of course, teenagers love various fast food and other not-so-healthy foods like chips. Usually, such treats do not hit the parents’ wallets, but in recent years it has been important to order various candy bars for children and author’s treats for guests, which can cost a decent amount.
A teenager’s birthday can be held at home, in an apartment, or arranged in some institution. Often, home holidays are cheaper than those that should be traveled. This issue is best discussed directly with the future birthday man, taking into account a lot of features and taking into account the family budget.
Once the approximate budget is drawn up and the venue is chosen, you should proceed to the list of guests. It should definitely be compiled with a future birthday boy or birthday girl. Many experts recommend always counting on a few more people, because friends of friends can come unplanned to teenage holidays.
An important point in organizing a teenage holiday is the choice of date and time.
Unfortunately, not always a teenager’s birthday can fall on a day off, which means that not all friends can come due to certain circumstances. If there are few guests, it is advisable to ask each of the invitees or their parents if it would be convenient for them to attend a birthday on a certain day, especially for close friends and relatives of a teenager. An interesting solution for notifying guests can be postcards or electronic invitations.
Choose a place
You can spend a teenager’s birthday both indoors and outdoors. The second option is great if you live in a private house, if the ather allows it. Besides, if the child really wants to spend his birthday in nature, but the family lives in an apartment, you can always rent an inexpensive gazebo in the park or settle on a cozy summer terrace in a cafe.
A home birthday is cozy in its own way, in addition, many teenagers are not averse to spending their long-awaited holiday within the walls of their beloved house or apartment. The main thing is that no one distracts or disturbs them during the celebration, therefore, when choosing a place in a house or apartment for a holiday, it is advisable to take care of the room where the parents will be without interfering with the party. If the music in the venue is loud, it is advisable to warn the neighbors about it.
If the party will be held at home, the celebration can be arranged in the living room or in the hall. It is desirable that the room is spacious, and several zones can be organized in it. Girls, for example, are very fond of dancing, while boys often do not mind playing games. There must be a place for all these entertainments.
In addition, do not forget about the place for placing treats, as ll as a recreation area.
In recent years, theme parties for teenagers have been very popular, they will include a lot of interesting things. For example, a tropical party with original costumes and delicious cocktails or a holiday in the style of pirates.
Consider some of the most popular holiday themes for girls and boys in their teens.
- American party. Many teenagers are very fond of the American theme, and therefore some of them will surely remember such a party. For an American-style birthday, you should choose good American music, this will easily help to make a future birthday boy. As an interesting attribute of the holiday, a birthday cake with an American flag can be presented, but invitations to a party can be issued as tickets to America.
In general, there are no limits and restrictions, the main thing is to give free rein to your child’s imagination. Guests can also be offered a specific dress code.
- A military-style party will surely appeal to teenage boys. To create such a holiday, it is very important to choose the appropriate attributes. Guests, for example, can come in appropriate military clothing. For a holiday, you can organize a very successful table with refreshments, which can also be decorated in a military style.
Teenage boys will surely appreciate all the preparations for the celebration, especially if they are offered interesting contests and games.
- Many teenagers can appreciate an Italian-style birthday. This theme party is relevant for both girls and boys. In addition, Italian-style parties are very popular lately. As treats for teenagers, you can cook or order delicious pizza, as ll as serve traditional Italian desserts.
It will not be difficult to decorate a room in the Italian theme; from the simplest and most affordable decorations, you can buy balls in the color of the Italian flag.
- Also, teenagers will surely appreciate the party in the style of superheroes. Some parents may say that this style is relevant for younger children, hover, this is far from the case, because a party in this style is popular even among older young people. Usually a party in this style implies a certain fantastic dress code, unique paraphernalia and an original festive table with the symbols of the chosen superhero.
The most sought after images of superheroes are: Spiderman, Batman, Captain America, Catwoman and Supergirl.
Parents can invite the boys to have a cowboy-style party or an “Around the World Party“if the child and his friends are fond of travelling. Teenage girls will surely enjoy a pajama-style party or a beauty salon-style party.
The best contests and games
To entertain children at home at a birthday party, it is recommended to prepare funny and interesting contests in advance, as ll as consider holding a variety of games.
Board games and competitions allow teenagers to perk up and not get bored during their meal. They are especially relevant for cheerful companies. Competition at the table with letters. The letters of the alphabet on cards or simply written on paper are pre-folded into the box. The box is passed to all the guests in turn, everyone must pull out their letter from the box, and then name as many words as possible on it in 60 seconds. Whoever names the most words starting with a given letter wins.
If the teenage party is intellectual, and all the guests who have gathered are fond of one particular topic, for example, cinema or literature, then you can offer them one funny contest. To do this, write on pieces of paper the names of movie characters or, for example, famous actors. Then the sheets should be folded into one box and begin to transfer. Everyone who has chosen a piece of paper should try to portray the character whose name is written on the piece of paper. For example, teenagers can write the name of Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean and then try to draw him.
This game can also be remade, and take animals as characters, portraying them is even more fun.
One of the simplest and at the same time interesting contests is “Burn the Balloon”. For children to play, they need to be divided into two teams, parents can be the jury. Each child should have a ball in their hands, on command, the children should burst the opponent’s balls. The team with the most balloons left will win.
The “chair game” is one of the most common and simple, because it can be played both at home and in the yard. Chairs are placed around, but one less than the number of players, and then any music is turned on. On command, all teenagers should sit on chairs, and whoever did not have time, he leaves, after which another chair is removed. Play until the last remaining player.
“The Floating Apple Game” For her, it is necessary to collect water in two large containers and put apples in them, divide the teenagers into two teams. There should be as many apples as there are teenagers. On a signal or when the music is turned on, the children must catch the apples without using their hands. The team that catches the most fruit will win a prize.
If the birthday is held in a big house, then as an interesting game, teenagers can play hide and seek.
So that those who lose in competitions do not get upset, because children are different, they can be given incentive bonuses, for example, sets. And the winners will be given something more valuable, for example, toys.
Finding a cool script for a teenager’s birthday is not always easy, but you want to have a successful holiday so that not only the child, but also the guests have good memories. The scenario of the holiday allows you to act in an organized manner, without missing any details.
Older brothers and sisters or parents can be the leaders at the birthday party.
- Birthday greeting or birthday girl. A verse or any other opening speech in honor of the teenager may be read.
- Greetings to all guests. Transition to the feast.
- Word to the birthday man (optional), invitation of guests to the competition and the game.
- After the competitions, teens may be offered set treats and non-alcoholic cocktails, as ll as a visit to the dance area, if organized.
- It is desirable to do competitions not one after another, but to alternate them with a feast so that the children have time to relax. Summing up the results of competitions can be done after each of them, distributing gifts.
- At the end of all competitions, skits and games, you can take out a birthday cake, the candles on which the birthday boy or birthday girl will blow out. If a photo zone is organized, photos can be taken both during the party and at its end.
- Welcome speech for the hero or hero of the occasion. Words of congratulations from the host of the evening. Also, at the beginning it can be noted that all the guests know for what reason they have gathered, having greeted them.
- The host’s speech, an invitation to view gifts and the transition to the main part — contests and games.
- Rest after competitions, feast.
- After competitions and games, listening to congratulations from friends. Set feast, dances, photos with a birthday man or a birthday girl.
- By the end of the holiday, a cake is brought out to solemn music, candles are blown out. The results of competitions are summed up, gifts are distributed.
For information on how to arrange a birthday for a teenager, see the following video.