A child’s birthday is one of the most important holidays in the family, which brings joy not only to children, but also to their parents. Moms and dads try to do everything to make this holiday memorable for a long time. This article will talk about how fun and interesting to hold this event in an apartment or country house.
How to furnish a room?
When decorating a holiday, always rely on the age of your child and his taste preferences. Children under five years of age perceive the design ll with a large number of soft toys, which is what parents do.
Older children can be invited to take part in the design of the room for celebrating a birthday.
Boy 5–8 years old
Children at this age often take part in compiling the list of guests, making invitations. Together with their parents, they come up with the theme of the party, games and contests.
To make the apartment look beautiful, experienced designers recommend using no more than 2–3 primary colors. You can decorate the furniture and the photo zone and choose a tablecloth for the table in the same color scheme. Ideally, if the clothes of the birthday man will also be made in this range.
For a festive party, it is advisable to use a spacious room with a lot of free space, because the kids will most likely want to run and play.
If you invited children along with their parents, then sets can be placed separately on the coffee tableso that the guys can have a bite to eat beten games. In addition to cakes, sets and juices, nuts and fruits can be placed on this table.
If the son has a favorite cartoon, then the design of the room can be done in his style. In this case, garlands and posters with images of cartoon characters are hung on the walls. You can invite an animator or take on his role yourself, so the holiday will become even more fun. Boys at this age love Captain America, the Hulk, Superman and the dogs from the Paw Patrol cartoon.
Images for decorating an apartment can be printed on a printer, bought or drawn on whatman paper.
Each character is always associated with some colors, so for greater immersion in the atmosphere, the room must be decorated in these colors. For example, Captain America is reminiscent of red, blue and white.
Boys will most likely be interested in transforming into pirates and participating in the treasure race. Hats, ships, boats and chests can be made from stationery, for raincoats, headbands and belts you will need some brown and black fabric.
Boy 9–12 years old
At this age, the birthday boy independently, without the intervention of parents, chooses the design of the room. Mom and dad can only give a couple of tips and help in creating jelry.
At 9–12 years old, the boy will definitely have his own hobbies and interests, based on which you can decorate an apartment. For example, if a child is fond of football, then the logos of his favorite team and photographs of the players serve as the basis for the design. If there is an open area, then children can play football, but only under adult supervision.
At 10 years old, children feel “big”, so they often copy their behavior. Do not forget to arrange a photo zone where friends can take pictures for memory.
If at this age the child already has a computer, then the room can be decorated in the style of “shooters” or any other games. The theme of your favorite movie, cartoon or TV series is also suitable. Try to keep the design colorful and modern.
Children 9–12 years old most often come to a birthday without moms and dads, but if you invited them with their parents, then make sure that the guys have a separate table. Sitting with adults will not be very fun for them. It is necessary not only to decorate the table beautifully, but to interest the children.
Girl 5–8 years old
Girls at this age, just like boys, love to watch cartoons. But the favorite characters are most often princesses. Therefore, mom and dad usually know who their daughter wants to see at her birthday party. First of all, decide on a dress or suit for the birthday girl, and you can already select tones for decorating the interior under this color.
If your daughter loves Ariel from The Little Mermaid, then you can use red, green and blue as the basis. Sequins, rhinestones, beads that decorate windows and doors will be a great addition.
Near the photo zone you can put a treasure chest.
Pictures and posters with princesses are hung in the photo zone, on walls and furniture. You can order cakes made in the desired theme.
The main thing is not to combine themes of different cartoons in one room. If your daughter loves several different princesses, then you can use one style in the hallway, and another in the hall. The animator or a relative performing his duties must be dressed in a suit of the required theme.
The main room in which the celebration is held can be decorated with paper decor. One of the most successful solutions is to decorate the apartment in the style of a magic castle. The frame is still made of stationery cardboard and is most often painted pink.
As an additional decoration, you can use fresh or artificial flors and balloons. In the center of the photo zone, you can put a chair decorated in the style of a royal throne.
Girl 9–12 years old
At this age, it is imperative to consult with the birthday girl and decide together who to invite for her birthday and how to decorate the apartment. A beautiful table is laid for friends, and the main treat is a birthday cake and other goodies. The main room is decorated with balloons that can be filled with gel.
A set of transparent, pink, silver and black balloons will look beautiful. You can attach photos of the birthday girl and her guests to the ribbons. This is a fairly budget design option, but very beautiful and original.
If the house does not have enough free space to install a large table, then you can put a buffet table. This is a very practical solution, because the lack of chairs increases the space for competitions and games. The photo zone is decorated in the style of your favorite movie and cartoon characters, themed figurines and paper flors.
If the budget allows, then you can purchase all the necessary decor in specialized stores.
This is quite an expensive pleasure, so consider whether it is worth spending money on it for the sake of one day.
The theme and style of the event depends on the age of your child, his preferences, the venue and the estimated financial costs.
The theme of zombies, vampires and witches is liked by almost all children from 9 to 13 years old. The most difficult part here is the creation of costumes and decoration of the premises. The main room should be done in dark red colors, and skull-shaped cakes will only enhance the atmosphere.
Hover, in this subject it is very important not to overdo it, so as not to spoil the children’s holiday. The design should not look intimidating, because among the friends of the birthday man there may be impressionable children.
This is a fairly popular theme, on the basis of which a lot of quests are written. Almost all children like this atmosphere: they are happy to pass the rite of passage into pirates and go on a treasure hunt.
3 days before the birthday, you need to send letters of invitation from Flint to all children, including the birthday boy. Prepare plenty of notes and assignments ahead of time. Draw a map and a route that the children will follow in search of treasure.
Don’t forget about pirate costumes, swords, toy parrots and, most importantly, a treasure chest.
Regardless of gender and age, children love bright celebrations, and an ethnic-style party will be a good solution. Think over the costumes, music and treats of different nations in advance. Experienced designers recommend opting for costumes of Hawaiians, Mexicans, Africans, Indians and Japanese. The evening will be very funny.
School of Magic
You can arrange a mini-Hogwarts in the apartment and this will not require much work. All you need is to prepare wands, capes and hats, as ll as come up with themed games and puzzles.
All children love magic, so a birthday decorated in the style of Harry Potter cannot fail to please the birthday boy and his guests.
Parents and the animator can act as the main wizards: arrange a small show with magic tricks and scientific experiments.
Neither children nor teenagers will refuse to try on the role of the mafia. The apartment needs to be furnished in the style of the 30s: jazz music, a casino, a lot of apons and jelry. Parents should think over the dress code in advance, prepare the Monopoly game, and also organize an armed bank robbery.
Safari or jungle
Madagascar is one of the most popular children’s cartoons. In this style, you can come up with many games, quests and contests in which you need to look for lost animals. On the table you need to put cakes and a cake with the image or figurines of the animals of Madagascar: a lion, a giraffe, a hippopotamus, a monkey, a zebra.
It is desirable to decorate the room with palm trees, paper grass and travel paraphernalia: bacweacks, binoculars, maps and compasses.
Before coming up with games and quests, take into account the dimensions of your apartment so that children can run and dance. Many competitions can be held on the street.
Acquaintance is a very important process at every birthday, because there are cases when both kindergarten and yard friends of the birthday man re called, and they are most likely unfamiliar. Children are often shy, so parents should help the children get to know each other, acquaintance can be arranged in the form of a game.
The rules are simple: the animator or host asks the guests to sit around him and calls out the colors in turn. Children who have one or another color on their clothes should stand up, introduce themselves and tell a few words about themselves.
Children from 4 to 6–7 years old can be occupied with the game of “guess the object”. To do this, the host puts various items in a bag: apples, toys, balls, balls. Children take turns approaching him and, with closed gases, try to guess the object by touch. If the child guessed correctly, then the object remains with him as a prize.
No less popular game “Incredible Beasts”. Parents should prepare in advance several pictures with images of various fictional animals. Below them should be questions, for example, “What does a potato deer look like?”, “What color is a cucumber parrot?”. This is a very educational game, it trains the imagination and reaction of children.
The guys must fully describe the animal, and if possible, then draw it.
Ask the children to take turns naming all the dishes that are on the table with the letter O, then K, then A, and so on. Then you can play with names. Such games allow you to think logically.
Consider a few interesting contests that are most often held at a child’s birthday.
- “I know this hero.” The facilitator should describe the character of a popular cartoon, movie or fairy tale in a few phrases, but not give a name, and the children will take turns guessing who the conversation is about. The one who has a guess — raises his hand, if the ansr is correct — receives a ll-deserved present. Example: a superhero in a red and blue suit with a shield (Captain America), a girl with magical hair (Rapunzel), a superhero without superpors (Batman), the coldest magical princess (Elsa from Frozen) and so on.
- “Lost Color” The guys need to stand in a circle, and the facilitator explains the rules: as soon as the children hear the phrase “One, two, three, find the white color!”, The guests must find the white color on each other’s clothes and touch it. The one who did not find a suitable color is eliminated, and the rest continue to play. Whoever remains last, he won.
- “The Strongest Couple” All guests must be divided into pairs. The main rule is to follow all the commands, but do not disengage your hands. The leader at a fast pace gives commands in turn, for example, “run up to the chair”, “sit on the carpet”, “find the red color”, “catch the butterfly” and so on. The pair that disengaged their hands lost. The two children who remain at the end receive the main prize, and the rest of the participants receive more modest presents.
- “Birthday Snowman” Each participant is given a spoon and a package of ice cream. The host gives the command “start” and the children immediately begin to “sculpt” a snowman with a spoon. All it takes is exactly one minute. The one who gets the highest snowman is considered the winner and receives a gift.
Quest is a popular game at events of this kind. After competitions and a festive lunch (dinner), you can entertain guests with quests. You can spend them at home, or you can arrange a trip. Let’s consider the most interesting of them.
- Exit quest. This is a rather expensive undertaking. Children are taken to a dacha with their own yard, to school, to a park or an entertainment center, where a plan, design and plot are prepared in advance.
It is quite difficult to make a prop of this scale at home, so it is most often bought or rented.
- Quest rooms. If there are few children, then they can be taken to the quest room. There, all the props are built into the floor and into the walls. Children go from room to room and solve a series of riddles.
- Walker. The parents of the birthday boy arrange a trip to the museum or park. You can go outside the city or go there by bus or jeep. Children will have a map in their hands, on which the route and the end point are marked. Museum exhibits, inscriptions on poles, graffiti on fences and advertising banners act as artifacts.
- Banquet Quest. Children sit at the table, parents and relatives act as actors and show a mini-performance in which guests are direct participants.
Below are the basic tips for decorating a festive table for a child’s birthday.
- Children do not like to sit at the table for a long time, especially on their holiday. Therefore, in addition to the main table, take care of the buffet with fresh products that do not require special storage. On the table you can arrange vegetables, fruits, cheeses, sausages and canapes. It is important that the table is freely accessible, but does not get in the way during competitions and games. If you don’t want or don’t know how to cook buffet dishes, you can order them in a cafe. The children’s menu with delivery is inexpensive.
- Try to refrain from cooking potatoes with meat or mashed potatoes with a patty as a main dish. Firstly, this menu is found at every second children’s birthday, and secondly, it is often prepared in everyday life. Think of something more interesting.
- Do not put on the table smoked, bitter, fatty and salty dishes. Some of the children may have an allergy that they are not aware of. Stop your choice on natural products and refrain from semi-finished products.
- Sets should always be present on the festive table, of course, in moderation.
- Try to have the table decorated in bright colors: a tablecloth in the color of the birthday theme, plates and mugs with cartoon designs. This will create a special festive atmosphere.
- It is not recommended to prepare a menu that is rare or unusual for guests. Children are unlikely to eat unfamiliar food. Stick to the classic options, but decorate them in a special way.
- You can invite children to take part in the preparation of canapes. Arrange all the necessary products on small plates and show them how to assemble a sandwich. All children should be interested in such interactive activities.
The main thing is to keep an eye on them so that the guests do not harm each other with toothpicks.
Holiday End Ideas
After the guests have played enough and danced, everyone is invited to the table to satisfy their hunger again. After the festive meal is over, the parents solemnly take out the cake, the guests sing “Happy birthday to you”, the birthday boy blows out the candles and makes a wish. Who wants to, can congratulate the hero of the occasion. You can turn off the lights and turn on the sparklers.
After eating the cake, a photo session of the birthday boy follows with each of the guests, which the girls will be especially happy about. The resulting photos can be printed out and distributed to guests the next day, you can send them to your phone, but it is best to take pictures on a Polaroid. This camera can bring a lot of joy thanks to the instant photo development function.
At the very end, you can take out a large surprise ball, after the explosion of which small soft toys fly out of it, their children can take with them. Just make sure that no one is left without a gift. Further, the hosts see off the guests, on this chord the scenario of the festive evening is considered complete.
How to have fun at home for a child’s birthday, see the following video.